Farmington
✟27,770.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
I did some volunteer work today and part of it was separating swine meat from bones and fat. I did not eat the stuff, but I noted as I worked over it that it had a horrible smell. While people were saying it smelled delicious, I was trying not to breath the odor.

I thought of how the prodigal son must have felt working with swine directly. In my case I didn't do it because I'd gone prodigal, but because I volunteered to help out an elderly lady clean and cook for a bunch of people

I tried not to get the grease on me, but it happened twice, and even that felt gross. It looked gross, all of it. I immediately washed.

I know some people might not even touch it, but in this case I was doing work for someone else that I said I'd do. My policy is just do not consume it. Pork swine is truly a nasty thing.
I'm thankful about my commitment a few years ago not to eat it at all. I used to eat it on occasion, and it amazes me how many Christians will eat the cooked sow.

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟110,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I did some volunteer work today and part of it was separating swine meat from bones and fat. I did not eat the stuff, but I noted as I worked over it that it had a horrible smell. While people were saying it smelled delicious, I was trying not to breath the odor.

I thought of how the prodigal son must have felt working with swine directly. In my case I didn't do it because I'd gone prodigal, but because I volunteered to help out an elderly lady clean and cook for a bunch of people

I tried not to get the grease on me, but it happened twice, and even that felt gross. It looked gross, all of it. I immediately washed.

I know some people might not even touch it, but in this case I was doing work for someone else that I said I'd do. My policy is just do not consume it. Pork swine is truly a nasty thing.
I'm thankful about my commitment a few years ago not to eat it at all. I used to eat it on occasion, and it amazes me how many Christians will eat the cooked sow.
I am a Catholic Christian, and bacon tastes gross as it is excessively saline and greasy. I do have pork occasionally (not in the form of bacon), but chicken, ham or turkey are my go-to meats.

Upvote 0

Kokavkrystallos

Jan 1, 2024
Farmington
✟27,770.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Widowed
I am a Catholic Christian, and bacon tastes gross as it is excessively saline and greasy. I do have pork occasionally (not in the form of bacon), but chicken, ham or turkey are my go-to meats.

This was homemade pulled pork cooked in a large crock so it fell off the bones. I can still smell it! Must be on clothes or some got on my shoes. I put shorts on so has to be t shirt or shoes...

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟110,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
This was homemade pulled pork cooked in a large crock so it fell off the bones. I can still smell it! Must be on clothes or some got on my shoes. I put shorts on so has to be t shirt or shoes...
You might wanna pop your clothes into the washing machine.

Upvote 0

HARK!

שמע
Christian Forums Staff
Supervisor
Site Supporter
Oct 29, 2017
US
✟1,108,940.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
When you are suffering a migraine headache, your first thought may not be that you have tapeworms in your brain. That may not be your second thought or even your 17th thought. But baby pork tapeworms are exactly what doctors found in a 52-year-old man’s brain after he went to a clinic complaining that his migraine headaches had been getting more frequent and severe over the course of four months.

• Informative
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
The quality of meat is determined by the breed, diet and environment. Most commercially sold pork comes from three varieties for the largest returns and they're kept in pens. Pigs that are allowed to forage in addition to their feed taste significantly better. Some breeds are better for some preparations more than others. Procuring your meat from a reputable source makes a difference. I prefer local producers with organic practices. We've experienced no ill effects in our pork or other meats we consume (beef, bison, lamb, poultry, and goat).

~bella

• Informative
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

Yahudim

Y'shua HaMoshiach Messianic
Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
Deep in the Heart of Texas
✟146,495.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
BellaThe quality of meat is determined by the breed, diet and environment. Most commercially sold pork comes from three varieties for the largest returns and they're kept in pens. Pigs that are allowed to forage in addition to their feed taste significantly better. Some breeds are better for some preparations more than others. Procuring your meat from a reputable source makes a difference. I prefer local producers with organic practices. We've experienced no ill effects in our pork or other meats we consume (beef, bison, lamb, poultry, and goat).

~bella
Hi Bella,

I posted a thread around the beginning of the year. It was about some GMO pork that is supposed to be more environmentally friendly that has made it's way into the food chain. We noticed something pretty scary about this stuff. If you want to read more, I am including a link to it => HERE.

Be blessed!

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi Bella,

I posted a thread around the beginning of the year. It was about some GMO pork that is supposed to be more environmentally friendly that has made it's way into the food chain. We noticed something pretty scary about this stuff. If you want to read more, I am including a link to it => HERE.

Be blessed!

I'll check it out.

We buy our meat from a local farmer we discovered through well-known restaurants. The name was mentioned frequently on menus and we reached out. They're organic and my go-to source for pork and grass-fed beef that I buy in bulk. We get other items from a contact at the farmers market.

I recommend building relationships with local producers for food whenever possible. The items are fresher and unlikely to be subjected to the growing practices associated with commercial farming. The caveat with meat is the upfront costs when buying bulk. The per pound rate is lower but you'll need to pay it all at once. Most require a deposit and the balance when it's ready. That can be several hundred dollars or more.

That's the primary reason people go to grocers although they're paying more in the long run. Nevertheless, non-gmo and organic food is more expensive and I get my share at a discount. Forming a buying co-op with family and friends can offset the costs.

I make no distinction between pork, beef, poultry or other animals. Their conditions are equally bad and the source of several diseases. Add in produce and grains and it's a never-ending battle. We have an eco-friendly lifestyle which goes beyond food. That wasn't our starting point but we've become that way over the years through intentional changes.

I post in the health forum occasionally and share my experiences if you're interested. I'm disease and malady free as is my daughter. We're the healthiest in our family and didn't contract the c-word (no jab) and ate pork throughout the pandemic. That's when I found him.

~bella

Upvote 0

Yahudim

Y'shua HaMoshiach Messianic
Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2004
Deep in the Heart of Texas
✟146,495.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'll check it out.

We buy our meat from a local farmer we discovered through well-known restaurants. The name was mentioned frequently on menus and we reached out. They're organic and my go-to source for pork and grass-fed beef that I buy in bulk. We get other items from a contact at the farmers market.

I recommend building relationships with local producers for food whenever possible. The items are fresher and unlikely to be subjected to the growing practices associated with commercial farming. The caveat with meat is the upfront costs when buying bulk. The per pound rate is lower but you'll need to pay it all at once. Most require a deposit and the balance when it's ready. That can be several hundred dollars or more.

That's the primary reason people go to grocers although they're paying more in the long run. Nevertheless, non-gmo and organic food is more expensive and I get my share at a discount. Forming a buying co-op with family and friends can offset the costs.

I make no distinction between pork, beef, poultry or other animals. Their conditions are equally bad and the source of several diseases. Add in produce and grains and it's a never-ending battle. We have an eco-friendly lifestyle which goes beyond food. That wasn't our starting point but we've become that way over the years through intentional changes.

I post in the health forum occasionally and share my experiences if you're interested. I'm disease and malady free as is my daughter. We're the healthiest in our family and didn't contract the c-word (no jab) and ate pork throughout the pandemic. That's when I found him.

~bella
Thanks for the info!

Good advice. My friends that 'grow their own' swear by community trade where each each producer gives first choice to the others in their community. Personally, I have been a fan of co-op buying for many years. However, things have changed and I have to be much more careful when shopping these days.

As far as eating critters, I believe what the Creator told Noah about which animals are ok to consume. It's pretty easy to debunk dogma that teaches otherwise. Unfortunately, I don't have much space to grow food. So I am very careful as to what I buy. Who knew that so many processed foods like Doritos are made with pork. Ugh!

I quit eating pork many years ago. So if I am accidentally exposed, my gut goes into full on emergency mode and issues the abandon ship command! Everyone out by the nearest exit!

Be well and be blessed!

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0