WHAT IS 1 PETER 3:21 REALLY SATING TO US ??

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟200,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Born of God (Jn 1:13) refers to the new birth (Jn 3 3-5), which is the new nature.
And John 3:5 says , Except be BORN of WATER and of the SPIRIT , he cannot enter into the kingdom of God ?

And the Greek word CANNOT // OU , is a DIJUNCATIVE PARTICLE NEGATIVE and if you are nor BORN of WATER you cannot enter the kingdom of God .

It says Born of Water , so do you believe in WATER BAPTISM ?

dan p

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟284,131.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
And John 3:5 says , Except be BORN of WATER and of the SPIRIT , he cannot enter into the kingdom of God ?

And the Greek word CANNOT // OU , is a DIJUNCATIVE PARTICLE NEGATIVE and if you are nor BORN of WATER you cannot enter the kingdom of God .

See post #2.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟200,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
See post #2.
Well many think that can not check the Greek text will find many Greek words that do NOT speak of WATER !!

#1 SPRINKING

#2 BAPTISM

# 4 WASH

# 5 BAPTISM

# 6 BAPTIZED

# 7 BAPTISM of pots , spoons , tables

# 8 BAPTISMA , is speaking of the John and HOLY SPIRIT

Any one can check the Greek text , using BLUE LETTER BIBLE , but will not ever check , But for those that do , good !!

Most will never then understand 1 Cor 10:2 where Israel was BAPTIZED unto Moses unto the Cloud , unto the SEA ?

dan p

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟11,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Most will never then understand 1 Cor 10:2 where Israel was BAPTIZED unto Moses unto the Cloud , unto the SEA ?
They all ate the same spiritual food and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ. 1 Cor 10:3-5

And the Gentiles are fellow heirs, of the same body, partakers of His promise in Christ through the gospel, of which I became a minister according to the gift of the grace of God; Eph 3:6-7

Upvote 0

keepitsimple144

Feb 17, 2024
midwest
✟11,725.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No your thoughts on 1 Cor 10:2 , and how you interpret that verse ?

Also , your thoughts on what the CLOUDS and SEA , represent ?
Then the Lord came down in the cloud and stood there with him and proclaimed his name, the Lord. 6 And he passed in front of Moses, proclaiming, “The Lord, the Lord, the compassionate and gracious God, slow to anger, abounding in love and faithfulness, 7 maintaining love to thousands, and forgiving wickedness, rebellion and sin. Yet he does not leave the guilty unpunished. Ex 34

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟200,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Water baptism is John's baptism isn't it?.
And here is what John 1:31 says .

And I knew him NOT // OV is a DISJUNCATIVE PARTICLE NEGATIVE , in other word NEVERRRRRRRRRRR knew Him not , but that he should be made manifest to Israel , NOT TO GENTILES , therefore am I come baptizing with water .

dan p

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟206,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
And here is what John 1:31 says .

And I knew him NOT // OV is a DISJUNCATIVE PARTICLE NEGATIVE , in other word NEVERRRRRRRRRRR knew Him not , but that he should be made manifest to Israel , NOT TO GENTILES , therefore am I come baptizing with water .

dan p
For what?
Confession of sin.....
Mt 3:6 And were baptized of him in Jordan, confessing their sins.
Mr 1:5 And there went out unto him all the land of Judaea, and they of Jerusalem, and were all baptized of him in the river of Jordan, confessing their sins.
For what?
THE main points THE COMING WRATH
Mt 3:7 O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
Lu 3:7 O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
Lu 21:23 for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.
Joh 3:36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

REVELATION
Ro 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;

UNREPENTANT ON THE DAY OF WRATH
Ro 2:5 But after thy hardness and impenitent heart treasurest up unto thyself wrath against the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God;
SALVATION FROM THAT WRATH
Ro 2:8 But unto them that are contentious, and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness, indignation and wrath,

Ro 4:15 Because the law worketh wrath: for where no law is, there is no transgression.
Ro 5:9 Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

ISRAEL UNDERSTOOD JOHN'S BAPTISM THE COUNSEL OF GOD TO SALVATION FROM GOD'S COMING WRATH

Lu 7:30 But the Pharisees and lawyers rejected the counsel of God against themselves, being not baptized of him.
Ac 20:27 For I have not shunned to declare unto you all the counsel of God.

Ga 3:13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

JEW FIRST
lEV 26:43 The land also shall be left of them, and shall enjoy her sabbaths, while she lieth desolate without them: and they shall accept of the punishment of their iniquity: because, even because they despised my judgments, and because their soul abhorred my statutes.
44 And yet for all that, when they be in the land of their enemies, I will not cast them away, neither will I abhor them, to destroy them utterly, and to break my covenant with them: for I am the LORD their God.
HE REMEMBERS HIS COVENANT OF THEIR FATHERS.
45 But I will for their sakes remember the covenant of their ancestors, whom I brought forth out of the land of Egypt in the sight of the heathen, that I might be their God: I am the LORD.

THEN THE GENTILES
De 30:7 And the LORD thy God will put all these curses upon thine enemies, and on them that hate thee, which persecuted thee.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟200,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Water baptism is John's baptism isn't it?.
Rom 6:3 reads , Or are you IGNORANT , that as many as were BAPTIZED into Christ were BAPTIZED into His death >

If you believe in WATER BAPTISM , who is anyone BAPTIZED into to Christ , and how were you BAPTIZED into His DEATH .

DAN P

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟206,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Rom 6:3 reads , Or are you IGNORANT , that as many as were BAPTIZED into Christ were BAPTIZED into His death >

If you believe in WATER BAPTISM , who is anyone BAPTIZED into to Christ , and how were you BAPTIZED into His DEATH .

DAN P
and????????? I was speaking about Johns baptism and salvation from Wrath. Jesus did not administer John's baptism, his disciples continued John's baptism under Jesus ministry in preaching the kingdom of heaven. You also specifically connected it to Jew's. For Jew's to escape the wrath upon that people.
Paul is speaking to Gentiles in a new covenant.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟200,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
and????????? I was speaking about Johns baptism and salvation from Wrath. Jesus did not administer John's baptism, his disciples continued John's baptism under Jesus ministry in preaching the kingdom of heaven. You also specifically connected it to Jew's. For Jew's to escape the wrath upon that people.
Paul is speaking to Gentiles in a new covenant.
And just how is anyone SAVED under the NEW COVENANT , TODAY ??

I see you did not answer Rom 6:3 , as I thought you believed in WATER BAPTISM ??

dan p

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟206,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
And just how is anyone SAVED under the NEW COVENANT , TODAY ??

I see you did not answer Rom 6:3 , as I thought you believed in WATER BAPTISM ??

dan p
How all are saved. By grace through faith. The law of faith from the beginning, the promises made to Abraham which includes gentiles. Fulfilled in the resurrection from the dead.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟388,737.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
1 Peter 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

We share in The new life in Christ.

Shall we continue in sin that grace abound? God forbid! How shall we who are dead to sin live any longer therein. Know you not that we who were baptized into Christ were baptized into His death. And also take part in His resurrection. Even so we walk in newness of life. That the body of sin be destroyed that hence forth we do not serve sin.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟206,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
1 Peter 3:21 The like figure whereunto even baptism doth also now save us (not the putting away of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God,) by the resurrection of Jesus Christ:

We share in The new life in Christ.

Shall we continue in sin that grace abound? God forbid! How shall we who are dead to sin live any longer therein. Know you not that we who were baptized into Christ were baptized into His death. And also take part in His resurrection. Even so we walk in newness of life. That the body of sin be destroyed that hence forth we do not serve sin.
The poster, mentioned Jews, and baptism specifically. That was John;s baptism. A baptism of repentance. To escape the wrath to those under law of Moses......

You see this baptism coming After the new covenant for Gentiles.
Jew's baptism of John, then baptism in holy spirit, Gentiles baptism in spirit the water baptism.... as shown with Cornelius.

In the new covenant yes, we both die in Christ, and are raised to newness of life. We, Jew and Gentile are no longer subject to live in what we were before. Gentiles strangers, and Jews, subject to wrath......

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟200,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The poster, mentioned Jews, and baptism specifically. That was John;s baptism. A baptism of repentance. To escape the wrath to those under law of Moses......

You see this baptism coming After the new covenant for Gentiles.
Jew's baptism of John, then baptism in holy spirit, Gentiles baptism in spirit the water baptism.... as shown with Cornelius.

In the new covenant yes, we both die in Christ, and are raised to newness of life. We, Jew and Gentile are no longer subject to live in what we were before. Gentiles strangers, and Jews, subject to wrath......
You said that you believe in the NEW COVENANT , and what does the NE COVENANT contain as a gospel ?

And what did Christ repent of ?

What did you repent of ??

dan p

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟206,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
You said that you believe in the NEW COVENANT , and what does the NE COVENANT contain as a gospel ?
The law of faith 430 years before the law of moses.
The promise of the resurrection, the heavenly eternal kingdom. That Which Abraham looked for, Isaac with him, And jacob.

Heb 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

The land grant gen 15.....Earthly, worldly,
Abe, dies in this covenant as it is a covenant concerning the fourth generation of his seed

1. Abraham will die......
15 And thou shalt go to thy fathers in peace; thou shalt be buried in a good old age.

2. The promise is to the fourth generation of his seed
16 But in the fourth generation they shall come hither again: for the iniquity of the Amorites is not yet full.

Resurrection from the dead was believed from this covenant on....For Abe, Isaac, Jacob, will inherit im the next life, next world, in resurrection from the dead

Joseph knew he would be dead, and all that generation
24 And Joseph said unto his brethren, I die: and God will surely visit you, and bring you out of this land unto the land which he sware to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob.
25 And Joseph took an oath of the children of Israel, saying, God will surely visit you, and ye shall carry up my bones from hence.

Ex 1:6 And Joseph died, and all his brethren, and all that generation.

Ex 13:19 And Moses took the bones of Joseph with him: for he had straitly sworn the children of Israel, saying, God will surely visit you; and ye shall carry up my bones away hence with you.

And what did Christ repent of ?
His baptism was to fulfill all righteousness......
What did you repent of ??
Sin, just like you, and everyone else.

Kings and nations..... The promise to Abraham, Isaac, and , Jacob......An eternal kingdom in the resurrection from the dead. Sitting at the Table with our father Abraham....
Ge 17:6 And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.
Ge 17:16 And I will bless her, and give thee a son also of her: yea, I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations; kings of people shall be of her.

The resurrection, why God Tested Abraham concerning Isaac, recived back from the dead figuartively. God swear his oath making it immutable to all the heirs.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟200,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The law of faith 430 years before the law of moses.
The promise of the resurrection, the heavenly eternal kingdom. That Which Abraham looked for, Isaac with him, And jacob.

Heb 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

The land grant gen 15.....Earthly, worldly,
Abe, dies in this covenant as it is a covenant concerning the fourth generation of his seed

1. Abraham will die......
15 And thou shalt go to thy fathers in peace; thou shalt be buried in a good old age.

2. The promise is to the fourth generation of his seed
16 But in the fourth generation they shall come hither again: for the iniquity of the Amorites is not yet full.

Resurrection from the dead was believed from this covenant on....For Abe, Isaac, Jacob, will inherit im the next life, next world, in resurrection from the dead

Joseph knew he would be dead, and all that generation
24 And Joseph said unto his brethren, I die: and God will surely visit you, and bring you out of this land unto the land which he sware to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob.
25 And Joseph took an oath of the children of Israel, saying, God will surely visit you, and ye shall carry up my bones from hence.

Ex 1:6 And Joseph died, and all his brethren, and all that generation.

Ex 13:19 And Moses took the bones of Joseph with him: for he had straitly sworn the children of Israel, saying, God will surely visit you; and ye shall carry up my bones away hence with you.

His baptism was to fulfill all righteousness......

Sin, just like you, and everyone else.

Kings and nations..... The promise to Abraham, Isaac, and , Jacob......An eternal kingdom in the resurrection from the dead. Sitting at the Table with our father Abraham....
Ge 17:6 And I will make thee exceeding fruitful, and I will make nations of thee, and kings shall come out of thee.
Ge 17:16 And I will bless her, and give thee a son also of her: yea, I will bless her, and she shall be a mother of nations; kings of people shall be of her.

The resurrection, why God Tested Abraham concerning Isaac, recived back from the dead figuartively. God swear his oath making it immutable to all the heirs.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟206,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

Cornelius received the gift of the holy sprit, though the preaching of the Gospel.....
act 10:42 And he commanded us to preach unto the people, and to testify that it is he which was ordained of God to be the Judge of quick and dead.
43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.
44 ¶ While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

Astonished that Gentiles ALSO....
45 And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost.
46 For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter,

Then baptism in the name of the Lord....
47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we?
48 And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.

dan p

Upvote 0