Sep 6, 2003
Macedonia
Visit site
✟10,534.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Others
Ok, fess up, what kind of gear do you use and why? Why is a Korg better than a Roland Keyboard? WHy is a Taylor better than a Martin guitar? Why is Pearl better than Remo drums? Any questions or comments/recommendations are good on this thread too.

I have about one of every major brand in keyboards and I use them all for different purposes. I have a Roland for my controller, meaning it is a master keyboard which can control multiple sound modules. I have a Roland sound module which made sense because it works very well with the controller. It also has very good quality, useful in larger venues. I have a Yamaha keyboard with built in drum styles and speakers. It is good for smaller gigues, with accostic/unplugged guitars, or in a livingroom. It has a disk drive which plays back Midi files, and I use it to arrange my songs. Kind of a thinkpad if you will. It sounds cheezy through a larger sound system, so I rarely use it for big venues. My Korg is tiny, portable, and sounds decent. With the software, I also can dump the sound banks of previous models and use the same sounds artists like Michael W. Smith used for his early 90s albums when korg was a big sponsor of his. My church uses a lot of Kurzweil, so I never bought any of that, having access to it when I play for them.

My Rommie plays guitar and he has several, so I borrow his if I need to play. He does the same with my keys. I have no preference on guitars, knowing the ones I play are good quality anyway from a discriminating guitar player who knows more about his instrument than I do.

Blessings

GodBoy809

Servant of Christ
Jul 5, 2002
Northwest Georgia
✟3,402.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
oh, i use a Epiphone Sheraton II !! w00t!! its all white and shinny! i put 2 gold top humbuckers in her! its sweet. I have a Crate Amp, working on getting a marshall stack! I had some stomp boxes, but i sold them cus i needed money :( I have a OD pedal, boss and a phazer, boss also! But alas, no more.

I also have a Red, Fernandez 4-string bass! and a crate amp for it too. Working on getting a Ampeg Stack for it!

I generally buy cheap strings for my bass. But i buy elixir .09 gage strings for my sheraton. I change out the style of strings too, sometimes i'll buy slinky strings, sometimes firmer strings, it depends.

Also, i dont think any gear is better, it all depends on the sound one is looking for. However i do have preferred favorites for myself!

Upvote 0

paulewog

Father of Insanity; Child of Music.
Mar 23, 2002
USA
Visit site
✟33,938.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I have a Roland FP3 keyboard... :) They didn't have the FP9 or whatever tehy have now, at the time ;)

It was, quite simply, of the ones I tried, the keyboard with the most realistic sound and touch within my price range.

I wasn't about to go get the Buesendorfer electronic piano... slightly expensive I think :D

Upvote 0

the_annex

Guitarist for God
Aug 27, 2003
WA
Visit site
✟7,635.00
Faith
Christian
EEKKK! LOVELY EQUIPMENT!

God blessed with many things. I have two guitars and one bass.

TAKAMINE ACOUSTIC CUTAWAY- EG334SC
Ibanez Electric - GAX75

Mark Hoppus Bass by Fender (I LOVE THIS PICKUP)

My amps are both crates, since i'm a cheapo and only mow lawns :p

Crate 65 GFX
and BASS AMP - Crate BG50

I LOVE PLAYING GUITAR!

GUITARIST FOR GOD!

Upvote 0

Johnny Von Punkman

Punkman for God
Apr 10, 2003
O-H-I-O
Visit site
✟7,668.00
Faith
Christian
as of now i'm playing a washburn lion series guitar (that rarely works right) and a hondo guitar (that rarely works right) and a crate 100 watt amp (that does crazy stuff that's not good) that i run through my peavey 4x12 cab (that i actually got new so it works beautifully)
from my bass days, i have a nice washburn 4 string bass guitar.... i use the amp distortion for the punk songs, my boss metal zone pedal (for the harder songs) and my danelectro wah wah (for those moments when i feel the need to disco)
as soon as college gets over this year i'm gonna get a mashal head to run my stack...

come here to listen to my equipment
www.soundclick.com/uptillnow

Upvote 0