Bondi
✟261,499.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Let's all back up a second, folks. @Hazelelponi's comments aside...
I wasn't leaving those comments aside. My post was directly addressed at them. If this comment is correct...

'I legitimately believe people want us all dead or jailed...'

...then it reflects exactly what the banner said. And what do you think might be the result of that belief? Considering the number of camo wearing, gun totin' masked morons there are running around with MAGA hats, I'd suggest that things might take a turn for the worst.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟568,125.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I can understand why you'd vote for Trump. But I would suggest you change the media you are ingesting because it is not giving you a good representation of the left.

Sun Tzu famously said to "if you know yourself and know your enemy you need not worry about the outcome of 100 battles". Well I'll tell yeah, you don't know your enemy very well.
This. I think large segments of both sides have an inaccurate view of the other, but IME, the left is generally quite a bit more accurate than the right - partly because the far left has a smaller market share than does the far right, partly because left-wing media doesn't make as much money ginning up hatred as does the right-wing media, and partly because most of us on the left have more exposure to the right than vice versa.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟562,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
That's not what that says, my goodness this clearly is not a death threat.

It's a play on the "or bust" saying:

"or bust

idiom
informal

—used to say that one will do everything possible to get somewhere

The sign on the car said "New Orleans or bust!"
"

So it's like saying Donald Trump "or bust" (meaning the guy will be voting for Trump "no matter what" and encouraging others to do the same.
Ok, sure this is an interpretation. Your interpretation isn’t necessarily how the message is always going to be received by everyone but I can see how maybe we’re just misunderstanding what’s meant here.
But instead of saying "or bust", he's saying "or death".

Why? Because the left wants us all dead or jailed... And that's exactly what will happen if the Republicans don't win the election.
Wait… what? Framing it like that makes it sound much more like a threat.

What does one do in a life or death situation? They fight for their lives. That’s exactly how the flag is being interpreted so you’re contradicting yourself now.
If people didn't sit on the news every single day spouting hateful lies about people you've never met those same people might not sincerely believe you plan on killing them if your side wins.
Oh but “the left wants us all dead or jailed” is perfectly fine to attribute to half the population.
But we are clearly in the midst of a battle for the soul of the nation,
I’m glad you agree with president Biden. That’s his line.

and we don't trust the left. At all.
Not even me?
Because they lie every single day about us.

Case in point, this thread. Maybe people need to brush up on their English comprehension skills.
Lol. Ok.

Upvote 0

SimplyMe

Senior Veteran
Jul 19, 2003
the Great Basin
✟334,302.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's not what that says, my goodness this clearly is not a death threat.

It's a play on the "or bust" saying:

"or bust

idiom
informal

—used to say that one will do everything possible to get somewhere

The sign on the car said "New Orleans or bust!"
"

So it's like saying Donald Trump "or bust" (meaning the guy will be voting for Trump "no matter what" and encouraging others to do the same.

But instead of saying "or bust", he's saying "or death".

Why? Because the left wants us all dead or jailed... And that's exactly what will happen if the Republicans don't win the election.

If people didn't sit on the news every single day spouting hateful lies about people you've never met those same people might not sincerely believe you plan on killing them if your side wins.

But we are clearly in the midst of a battle for the soul of the nation, and we don't trust the left. At all. Because they lie every single day about us.

Case in point, this thread. Maybe people need to brush up on their English comprehension skills.
From what I've seen, it comes from "Liberty or Death" which, in American History, allegedly originates from a speech Patrick Henry gave at the Second Virginia Convention in 1775. In the speech, he argues for war and his last line was, "I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death." This was never a passive, "I'd rather be dead than..." but, instead, a call to arms.

The idea of this phrase, based on American History, is the idea that it will happen or I will fight to the death. This seems to be a call to war if Donald Trump is not arrested. And, let's face it, this is not a unique idea to this individual, but one we've heard from other Trump supporters.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟720,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Newcomers are warned not to move unless they abandon their ideas.

And of course they have all the guns. Ugh.
That honestly made me laugh - you really think people believe this?

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟720,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
maxresdefault.jpg

Must have been a Trump supporter! The nerve!

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟562,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Right wing media has gotten people wound up into this life or death frenzy about current politics.
It’s insanity. The people responsible for pushing this rhetoric are playing with fire riling people up like this and they don’t seem to care.

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟562,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
maxresdefault.jpg

Equating Trump with liberty is an interesting approach.

So we have death just means “bust” and Trump is just like saying “liberty”. Now we just need a third Trump supporter to redefine “or” for us and our maga doublespeak glossary will be complete.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟376,417.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
That honestly made me laugh - you really think people believe this?
You may be confused.
It's happenning to people.
This. I think large segments of both sides have an inaccurate view of the other, but IME, the left is generally quite a bit more accurate than the right - partly because the far left has a smaller market share than does the far right, partly because left-wing media doesn't make as much money ginning up hatred as does the right-wing media, and partly because most of us on the left have more exposure to the right than vice versa.
I'm inclined to agree with this.
Like when we say "Republicans are trying to fundamentally change democracy in America", it would seem extreme. However, there are plenty of examples of evidence that suggest this is what's happenning.
The left "trying to murder and jail us"? Gotta tell ya, NO IDEA where anyone is getting that idea.

maxresdefault.jpg

ROFL!! The idea of a founding father EVER being a Trump supporter may be one of the funniest things I've read on CF.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟720,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Equating Trump with liberty is an interesting approach.

So we have death just means “bust” and Trump is just like saying “liberty”. Now we just need a third Trump supporter to redefine “or” for us and our maga doublespeak glossary will be complete.
I believe it is a further illustration that there is absolutely NOTHING that the man or now his supporters can say will be cast in anything other than the meanest, darkest fashion.
You may be confused.
It's happenning to people.
All you need now is proof of people that - "Newcomers are warned not to move unless they abandon their ideas."

Links would help.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟562,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I believe it is a further illustration that there is absolutely NOTHING that the man or now his supporters can say will be cast in anything other than the meanest, darkest fashion.
That’s nice.

Does the word ‘death’ still mean death in your world?

Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟562,723.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Are there any examples of people with a “Biden or Death” or “Obama or Death” or even “Hillary or Death” flag? I just don’t see this life/death all or nothing attitude on the left. The only ones framing this in terms of war all seem to be on the right.

Upvote 0

RocksInMyHead

God is innocent; Noah built on a floodplain!
May 12, 2011
PA
✟326,347.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Are there any examples of people with a “Biden or Death” or “Obama or Death” or even “Hillary or Death” flag? I just don’t see this life/death all or nothing attitude on the left. The only ones framing this in terms of war all seem to be on the right.
The best I can do is this:
1713460624524.png

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟720,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
That’s nice.

Does the word ‘death’ still mean death in your world?
It means the same in 2024 as it did in 1776 -

Def:
death /dĕth/

noun​

1. The act of dying; termination of life.
  2. The state of being dead.
  3. The cause of dying.
    "Drugs were the death of him."

Upvote 0

The IbanezerScrooge

I can't believe what I'm hearing...
Sep 1, 2015
Florida
✟249,206.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
This is because "The Left" doesn't worship the person. If it were actually shown today that Joe Biden actually was corrupt and broke the law in some provable, egregious way, "The Left" would abandon him as a criminal they would not support. For "The Right", their leaders can do no wrong, or, at the very least, any wrong-doing is dismissed as "political persecution" and/or justified as necessary to achieve the ultimate goal, which appears to be to gain and retain power rather than govern and lead for the good of the People.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟720,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟720,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This is because "The Left" doesn't worship the person. If it were actually shown today that Joe Biden actually was corrupt and broke the law in some provable, egregious way, "The Left" would abandon him as a criminal they would not support. For "The Right", their leaders can do no wrong, or, at the very least, any wrong-doing is justified as necessary to achieve the ultimate goal, which appears to be to gain and retain power rather than govern and lead for the good of the People.
LOL - that is demonstratively false by watching the left cover virtually every illegal thing he has done. Talk about the big lie! It is incredible - 150 different Suspicious Activity Reports - not ONE Democrat calling on Joe to release them.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟178,115.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
LOL - that is demonstratively false by watching the left cover virtually every illegal thing he has done. Talk about the big lie! It is incredible - 150 different Suspicious Activity Reports - not ONE Democrat calling on Joe to release them.
You mean they are not in the hands of the appropriate government authorities? That would be scandalous. How did you find out about them?

Upvote 0