Visit site
✟21,929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Actually, we aren't done with "Keepers of the Desert" yet. You were next to post, so you can go ahead and respond to my post:

Troubling Heaven - Page 37 - Christian Forums

You may need to read from the beginning of the act to remind yourself what was going on...

Upvote 0

Brilliand

Benevolent dictator for hire
Oct 3, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟21,929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Hmm... I vaguely remember this one. I don't think I was in it, though. What's it about?

Have a look at the original OOC thread - you might remember it. No, you weren't in it, although you did make a few comments at its inception.

This roleplay was intended to be endless; it's about a loose group of heroes taking down evil empires that threaten the galaxy. We take turns acting as GM for story purposes (providing the evil empires and whatnot), though I'm the GM for organization.

Ah-- right.

I feel so naked.

As I recall, you're the current story GM. Find your notes! :p All I know is we're chasing some evil (or at least dangerous) wizard on a desert planet.

Upvote 0

AAB

...but the greatest of these is love.
Oct 8, 2005
The United States of America (Mojave Desert)
Visit site
✟22,097.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Telemat cocked his head at Iban. He'd heard a lot of languages in his travels, but not this one. He shrugged and turned to Jerrick. "Are superheroes neat," he replied, "A chasing sounds wizard fun like. To where? You are to planning walk?"

Chonsia sat down in the dirt and tried to open one of the cans with her teeth. It didn't work. "Nice reward...starvation," she muttered, putting the can back into the bag. She looked through it again, hoping for something she could open. "Canned raisins?" Chonsia exclaimed in exasparation, "one would think raisins at least would be in a box!" She found a box, but it contained dried seaweed.

Giving up on food for the time being, Chonsia pulled the food bag over her right shoulder and her luggage over her left. She started walking, hoping there was somebody on the planet with a can-opener.

(Yama stayed with the Philip until the next morning. Then, gathering together a few provisions, she went out in search of the wizard. She had planned to gather news at the nearest city, which the Philip had given her directions to. She reached the city that evening and spotted two men, one with wings, standing outside it. "I greet thee," she announced boldly, "And furthermore request that ye offer to me some much-needed information. I assume that you have the ability to understand my speech. If not, simple reply unintelligibly and I shall either alter my tongue or depart in order to find one who understands. I am in search of a menace to the grander foliage of the universe; a certain wizard who seeks to make havoc wherever possible, putting my planet (among others) in danger. Wilt thou assist me in my search, or have ye no knowledge of any such being in the near vicinity?")

Upvote 0

Brilliand

Oct 3, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟21,929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Ah yes... Cheat, you need to respond to the green part of AAB's (previous) post. I'm guessing you remember Lazarus and Nicodemus (your characters, not the Bible characters)?

Whoa, Sylvengard is in this... I'll see about getting him back.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brilliand

Oct 3, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟21,929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
What about those that want to join, but don't feel like reading 37 pages of posts? Could They perhaps have a character summary of the others?

There shouldn't be any need to read the rest of the roleplay - this roleplay keeps pretty fresh by hopping from planet to planet, so everything your characters need to know at the start of a given act is summarized at the start of that act. Well, what do you mean by "character summary"? Do you mean a summary of the story, or a summary of what each other character is like at this point in the story?

Upvote 0

TheCheat1

Legend
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
✟39,506.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I mean the summary of the Characters' personality to this point.

Don't worry about mine, as they are new characters. I'm still developing them. But, if you really want a hint, they are like the biblical characters holding the same names-- Lazarus is handicapped in a world of compatible species (he can't speak any of their languages), only able to speak a complex sign language with his 'father' Nicodemus (essentially a human, but called a kelosian in this galaxy). Nicodemus, while very bright, is ignorant of many things that most people can easily grasp. For example, his ignorance towards magic is equivalent to the biblical character's inability to grasp the supernatural.

As for his sign language (this would only interest you if you enjoy linguistics as I do), it is grammatically similar to American Sign Language (ASL). That is why they sign, "What say she?" instead of "What did she say?" In ASL unnecessary words are often skipped. The grammar also differs harshly from that of English. I just thought I'd explain this so as not to seem grammatically incorrect, though I doubt that was how it came off-- no, I think I said this because I just like talking about it. :p

Upvote 0

Brilliand

Oct 3, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟21,929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'd think my characters' personalities would come off in my posts, but anyhow:

• Aden: Steady and authoritative. Aden was once ruler of an entire planet - he failed to protect that planet (it was destroyed by a random ridiculously overpowered fireball), so now he's out to protect the entire universe.
  • Iban: Cold and calculating, with a computer for a brain. Iban is a combat android, and he lives to kill people in formal duels. At one time he would threaten to blow up planets if people didn't agree to duel him, but that tendency was programmed out of him in a previous act. He tags along with the heroes in order to have a legitimate excuse to get into fights. Although he no longer has any intention to blow up planets, his high energy output can result in massive collateral damage if he isn't careful.
  • Jerrick: Creative and agreeable. Jerrick has warrior training and a suitable array of weaponry, but his temperament is more suited to the role of a jack-of-all-trades, helping others with whatever problems they may have.
  • Querrot: Adventurous but frustrated. Querrot wrestled his way into the story by begging Aden to bring him along on the adventure, and while his abilities are nothing to be taken lightly, he's found that his slow speed often makes him little more than dead weight. Still, he's sticking it out, and trying to pull his weight as a party member in any way he can.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Brilliand

Oct 3, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟21,929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
So, can I start in once I have my character ready?

Hmm... I generally prefer to bring in new characters between acts, but the current act won't be ending anytime soon (it's been going for over a year now :p), so I won't keep you waiting. Once you have your character ready, link to it here and we'll have a brief approval/clarification discussion before you post in the story thread.

Upvote 0

Brilliand

Oct 3, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟21,929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Looks good. I think the species on Philipar is called "Kelosian," but Cheat will have to confirm that.

I'm guessing you'll be starting off with some Rebel operation or meeting that Alania is a part of?

Cheat, do you have some mental picture of what the rebels are like/what they do, or is searchingsoul free to describe them however she wants? (Specifically, I'm wondering what sort of operations they might conceivably plan against the Keepers. Er... unless searchingsoul intends to start off with something completely different, which is possible.)

Upvote 0

TheCheat1

Legend
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
✟39,506.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
According to Basilicus' terminology, they're kelosians. That's what we've stuck to so far, I'm not sure we should change now.

As for the rebellion, I pictured the Keepers stopped it from ever becoming a global problem. I pictured many local rebellions, and that this act would chronicle those groups finally uniting.

Upvote 0