Visit site
✟21,929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Who were you intending to run into at the marketplace? No player characters are at the marketplace, and as far as I know none of us intend to show up at the marketplace anytime soon. Hmm... Chonsia would have a reason to show up at the marketplace, but I'm not sure how she would find it or why she (or any of our other characters) would take notice of your character in a crowd. Were you intending for Alania to run into an old friend of hers (an NPC) at the marketplace?

It looks as though if you want to write about the rebellion, you can go ahead and make up a local one and write just about anything about it, so long as it doesn't have contacts all around the world as yet. Hmm... Joe, would it be plausible for one of these local rebellions to know the location of the wizard and be on a mission to kill him? Since Aden is making a beeline for the wizard (give or take the occasional distraction), it would be plausible for my characters to run across any rebellion operation that has a similar goal or happens to be working in the same general area.

On that note, Joe, would there be anything fairly close to the wizard (say within a quarter mile) that a rebellion operation would have reason to attack? If the wizard himself won't do, that might be enough to give Aden and company a run-in with the Rebellion (and hence with Alania).

Upvote 0

searchingsoul

Humbly following God's Plan
Jun 18, 2006
Kansas
✟11,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Well, for now, I'll just make a post that doesn't involve any contact with the others.
What I had in mind for the market place would involve some serious player control, so I don't think I'll actually do the market place...

I think the rebels would need some seriously high-tech information network, and that could be a really good lure for Aden... But don't you think quarter mile is a little too close? I mean, I live quarter mile from a creek and you can see it clearly and everything. It'd just take ten minutes tops, walking, too. How about within a mile instead?

Upvote 0

Brilliand

Benevolent dictator for hire
Oct 3, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟21,929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Perhaps I was overly cautious with that quarter mile... I was thinking there might be walls and such in the area (maybe the wizard is inside of a building), and a quarter mile of walls is much more of an obstacle than a quarter mile of open ground. But for now, only Joe knows what the area around the wizard is like.

If we discuss the marketplace scene (or any other scene you may want to do in the future) in advance, we can play it out without needing any direct player control... I've found that to work well in the past.

Er... actually, Joe... Aden will need to come near the wizard fairly soon. Perhaps you should tell as what that region is like. For some reason I've been imagining a cave, though I'm pretty sure that isn't because of some hint you dropped.

Upvote 0

Brilliand

Oct 3, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟21,929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Looks good.

Hmm, AAB has posted... Ooh, looks like Yama and Joe's group will be forming an anti-magic party! That'll be interesting... everyone in my group uses magic, although Jerrick and Iban can pretend that they don't.

Joe, it's your turn to post.

Upvote 0

TheCheat1

Legend
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
✟39,506.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Posted.

Brill, go ahead and imagine the scene where Aden meets the wizard for the first time. I'm still forming my ideas on the region and I'll simply add your descriptions into it. When you get there I'll pick up for the wizard.

As for the rebellion, there would be a small government embassy in the city where Nicodemus and Lazarus reside-- that would be a high priority target for the local rebellion.

Now, if I can have one more post cycle (give until my next turn), I will give Aden and everyone else the roll-call they need to meet up with the wizard.

Upvote 0

Brilliand

Oct 3, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟21,929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Let's try to keep a pattern from now on: Joe, me, SearchingSoul, AAB and then Joe again. Wouldn't want anyone to get left behind - it looks kinda funny when a particular character suddenly freezes while a few nearby characters have a long, rambling conversation. :p

On that note, it is now Joe's turn to post.

Upvote 0
After some consideration, I think that I'll jump into this one when the next act opens. If that suits everyone involved, that is.

I've looked over some of the old threads, but I'm not sure I'm grasping the concepts. It's basically a mishmash of Sci-fi and fantasy set on different planets in the same, uh... solar system, more or less?

Upvote 0

Brilliand

Oct 3, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟21,929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I've looked over some of the old threads, but I'm not sure I'm grasping the concepts. It's basically a mishmash of Sci-fi and fantasy set on different planets in the same, uh... solar system, more or less?

Different planets all over the galaxy, and I have vague plans to visit another galaxy in this roleplay. :p Each act is basically on one planet, and moving between planets corresponds to the end of an act and the beginning of the next one. But yes, a mishmash of sci-fi and fantasy - I intend for characters of any sort to be easily incorporated into the roleplay.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brilliand

Oct 3, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟21,929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Joe, I'd actually like it if fire was altogether useless against the wizard - Aden and Iban are going to be dishing out some major fire damage, and it would make things more interesting if they had to rely on their other weapons. Anyhow, your turn to post.

Upvote 0

AAB

...but the greatest of these is love.
Oct 8, 2005
The United States of America (Mojave Desert)
Visit site
✟22,097.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I've a hankering to post "Bill said 'DIE' and the world exploded" without killing the roleplay. Let's try to arrange that in a few Acts.

Who's Bill?

Upvote 0

Brilliand

Oct 3, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟21,929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Who's Bill?

No one yet. But seeing as how I want to post that exact phrase, I guess I'll have to make a character named Bill.

(The reason I want to post that exact phrase is that Dramaking once used it as an example of the kind of post that kills threads - so I want to make that post fit perfectly into a story, just to prove that it can be done. :p)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Um.. you'll sort of have to put it in at the end, wouldn't you? If the world explodes... oo, unless it's a model world... That would work, wouldn't it?

Anyway, I've been thinking about character ideas (I know I'm probably a long way off from actually joining, but still...) and anyway I'm conflicted about what character(s) to use. I'm going to read up on the story and see if that helps me decide, but I may end up just PMing you a couple of samples for you to look at so you can decide.

Upvote 0

Brilliand

Oct 3, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟21,929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah... What RPG was that? I actually remember him saying that, I think...

That was in this roleplay, as it happens.

The original post (in the original OOC for this roleplay)

Hmm, he threw in some spelling and punctuation errors too. I don't think that I can justify replicating those...

Um.. you'll sort of have to put it in at the end, wouldn't you? If the world explodes... oo, unless it's a model world... That would work, wouldn't it?

As it happens, this roleplay has plenty of extra worlds lying around. :p (We have the whole galaxy, after all...)

Though, I've been contemplating starting a roleplay that goes backwards (from end to beginning)... it would also make sense as the first post of that roleplay.

Okay, so I followed act two a lot better than act one. Act three gave me a few moments of confusion. I think I'm following act four pretty well, though. All the same, could I get a brief synopsis from beginning to end?

That's interesting... Act 2 has an actual loss of continuity at one point, though I suppose you were able to decipher it from the OOC in the posts.

I'll provide the synopsis later; I don't have a lot of time to spare right now.

Upvote 0

Brilliand

Oct 3, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟21,929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Okay, Cheat will definitely not be posting before May 14, and he's already held us up for so long that I'm considering kicking him out via blowing up the world and chasing all of our characters to another planet. Any objections? (In case anyone's thinking of Bill, no, that's not what I have in mind).

Oh, Shadow's synopsis... hmm... I'll start before the beginning.

Before the roleplay began, the once-benevolent superpower of Hollowstar suddenly and drastically changed, cutting off nearly all contact with the outside and proceeding to invade and conquer planets all over the galaxy.

Our story begins with the invasion of Poinesta, a relatively ordinary planet with the distinction that this is where Aden chose to face off agaisnt Hollowstar - and a bunch of other powerful individuals of various origins also showed up for their various reasons, coincidentally. Hollowstar lost this fight and retreated. After a brief conference, the various heroes who found themselves gathered on the battlefield split into two groups: one (consisting only of Iban and Ethian) spontaneously rushing off to take out Hollowstar at its root, and the other heading in a more organized manner to Aragithia, which had been conquered by the Bruthalian Empire (which had some ties to Hollowstar, but was actually a separate entity).

On Hollowstar, Ethian and Iban ran into disorganized resistance, and took their time getting to the main control chamber, meeting Lance Harrison on the way. In the main control chamber, they faced an initially frustrating battle, but managed to get around the enemy's defenses while Lance hacked into the computer system, taking control of the whole world. Having godlike power over the planet, he decided to just destroy it, after taking precautions to ensure that all three of them would escape safely.

On the way to Aragithia, Iban was captured by a Bruthalian ship, and proceeded to destroy a large section of it in the process of escaping. After escaping, he promptly dropped to the surface, landing nowhere near either of the other two groups of player characters. Much description of background plot followed, but the only group that managed to advance the present plot was the raid on a Bruthalian outpost to rescue a prisoner, Jerrick Galvin, the prince of Hollowstar from before it went evil. As they emerged from the structure, they immediately took to the sky, but were engaged by a much larger Bruthalian craft - which found itself outgunned, as the heroes didn't restrict themselves to their ships' weapons.

After the Bruthalian fled, the two ships headed toward Castle Rulton, trying to reunite the party. On their way, they were attacked by Lord Viper, who destroyed their ships and sent Lance and Tek hurtling over the horizon... goodbye, out of the story, maybe not dead though. The other characters that had been on board the ship managed to survive the fall, and turned to face Lord Viper, who they soon managed to kill (but not without multiple precarious situations). Less then a minute after the battle ended, a massive fire spell went off in a nearby forest, drawing everyone's attention. After gathering around the crater, several characters (basically all of mine) agreed to pursue the wizard, and took off in pursuit.

They soon managed to track him down, and... that brings us to where we are now.

Upvote 0