Nyköping
✟9,003.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I think the sign of the prophet Noah might have some significance. People were eating, drinking and getting married. Marriage is right there together with the worldy affairs of eating and drinking.

Not only that, but Jesus said I am the Resurrection and the Life. Therefore, if we die with him, and rise with him, and are thus free from the bondage of the Law, to life free in the Spirit, how is it possible to again yoke oneself in the flesh? Jesus even said, there are some standing here, who will not taste death, and like wise the prophet asks o death where is your sting, then how is it possible to enter yet another blood contract and jeapordize your salvation?

Upvote 0

jonojim1337

Oct 20, 2023
Nyköping
✟9,003.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
The between the lines in the marriage code is that the death of the husband also cleans the bride of her "guilt" thus becoming a virgin able to marry again. But how is this possible? It's as big of a miracle as being born again. Can a man enter his mother's womb a second time? Clearly the only reality in OT marriage was the death of Christ, who would absolve us of sin, give us eternal virginity.

If there is no male or female in Christ, then neither can there be marriage, or homosexuality :D you could however still have sexual immorality, which was the case with the angels who fell.

Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟27,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Gog and Magog are after the First Resurrection, but before the Judgement.
A scripture or two, to support that view, would be useful.

Tonychanyt is right to say there is no sin after Resurrection, neither in those who rise in the first or the second. But the deception of the nations at Armageddon, will not pertain to those written in the Book of Life.

I was studying marriage a few days ago and learned the following:

A) One can only get married if the wife is a virgin OR her spouse has died.

B) All marriage contracts are only until death. That's because marriage contracts are blood contracts and are fulfilled at the moment of death.

Therefore the conclusion is, while we indeed are virgins after the resurrection, there is yet no blood to sign the contract, as flesh and blood does not enter the kingdom. And even if there were blood, there is no point of a blood contract, since it's not possible to die.

Therefore marriage is simply not a possibilty.
I really would be pleased if your comments were followed by scriptural support.
Otherwise, they just appear to be a personal view.

I like @tonychanyt method of always following up his comments with scripture.
That way, one can address the comments, as more than just statements left unsupported.

Happy to hear from you though.
What are your thoughts on Isaiah 65:17-25... When and where do you say this takes place?

Upvote 0

jonojim1337

Oct 20, 2023
Nyköping
✟9,003.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
A scripture or two, to support that view, would be useful.

I really would be pleased if your comments were followed by scriptural support.
Otherwise, they just appear to be a personal view.

I like @tonychanyt method of always following up his comments with scripture.
That way, one can address the comments, as more than just statements left unsupported.

Happy to hear from you though.
What are your thoughts on Isaiah 65:17-25... When and where do you say this takes place?

However, note that in the previous chapter, the Beast and the false prophet are defeated, and thrown in the lake of fire, at the time of the first resurrection. Then, after the thousand year reign, Satan joins the Beast and the false prophet in the fiery lake.

So first of all, I've been making some errors, thinking that Satan and the Beast are the same thing.

Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟27,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

However, note that in the previous chapter, the Beast and the false prophet are defeated, and thrown in the lake of fire, at the time of the first resurrection. Then, after the thousand year reign, Satan joins the Beast and the false prophet in the fiery lake.
Thanks for the scripture, and detailed comment.

Please look again at verse 7.
The Devil is bound for the 1,000 years, so that he should deceive the nations no more till the thousand years were finished. But after these things he must be released for a little while. Revelation 20:3

The Saints Reign with Christ 1,000 Years
4 And I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was committed to them.

Satanic Rebellion Crushed
7 Now when the thousand years have expired, Satan will be released from his prison 8 and will go out to deceive the nations which are in the four corners of the earth, Gog and Magog, to gather them together to battle, whose number is as the sand of the sea. 9 They went up on the breadth of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city. And fire came down from God out of heaven and devoured them.

The Gog and Magog are after the thousand years, well along after the First Resurrection, and after the judgment - not before the Judgment.
Do you see that?

So first of all, I've been making some errors, thinking that Satan and the Beast are the same thing.
Ha Ha.
We all make errors.
It's good when we can admit them.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟27,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The Saints are given authority to judge during the 1000 year reign, but the final judgement, or the second resurrection, is at the end of the chapter, or after the 1000 year reign.
Okay, so you were referring to the final judgment, and not the judgment that takes place during the 1,000 years.
So then, tell me a little about the 1,000 years. What takes place during that 1,000 years, and can Isaiah 65:17-25 fit into there?

Why do you call the final judgment the second resurrection though?

Upvote 0

jonojim1337

Oct 20, 2023
Nyköping
✟9,003.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Okay, so you were referring to the final judgment, and not the judgment that takes place during the 1,000 years.
So then, tell me a little about the 1,000 years. What takes place during that 1,000 years, and can Isaiah 65:17-25 fit into there?

Why do you call the final judgment the second resurrection though?
Because some will rise to shame and destruction and some to everlasting life.

The new heaven and the new earth are after the final judgement. Revelation 21 NLT

During the 1000 year reign, Satan is locked so that he cannot deceive the nations. The Beast, the prophet and the harlot are destroyed.

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CoreyD

Jul 11, 2023
Detroit
✟27,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Because some will rise to shame and destruction and some to everlasting life.

The new heaven and the new earth are after the final judgement. Revelation 21 NLT

During the 1000 year reign, Satan is locked so that he cannot deceive the nations. The Beast, the prophet and the harlot are destroyed.
I think there is a rule against derailing threads, so since this is a different topic to the OP, I decided to create a new thread. Please join me there. The 1,000 Year Judgment & beyond.

Last edited:
Upvote 0