Visit site
✟21,929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
*dusts hands off* Well, that's that. Act ending... anyone who wants their characters dead, consider it done. Anyone who wants their characters alive, that's fine too; probably about a third of the planet's population survived, so there's plenty of room for everyone.

Now we have to decide who's story GM for the next act, then get everyone who's going off the planet. Let's see, as far as the next GM, I think AAB has dibs, since she's the longest-standing player who hasn't had a turn yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

AAB

...but the greatest of these is love.
Oct 8, 2005
The United States of America (Mojave Desert)
Visit site
✟22,097.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Okay. Chonsia's dead. Telemat and Yama survived.

When Aden flew into the sky, he was spotted by a nearby planet. Its inhabitants call it "The Eye" and live inside the planet, which is an inside-out sphere. The inhabitants live in the planet's inner shell. Its outer shell randomly slides along the inner shell. Both shells have a large hole. When the outer shell's hole moves over the inner shell's hole, the planet is accessible. At other times the inhabitants are able to see through the outer hole. The planet is able to be piloted by its leaders, though they are unable to turn it in any way.

The leaders of the planet are called "The Senses." There are five, and each is unable to be detected by a different sense. One is invisible, another untouchable, ect. Since every security device on the planet only tests for one sense, The Sensors were able to take control of the planet.

Upvote 0

Brilliand

Benevolent dictator for hire
Oct 3, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟21,929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think It'd be fun if Alania snuck on board the ship without the others' knowledge. Then she could jump out and yell "Surprise!" lol!

Trouble is, there is no ship. Aden, Iban and Telemat jump planets under their own power; Jerrick and Querrot get Aden to carry them one by one. The upcoming planet jump will be even simpler - I expect the planets' atmospheres to intersect, so all that is needed is some form of flight, and gravity will probably get much weaker for a short time.

Upvote 0

Brilliand

Oct 3, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟21,929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
There - the rebel leader is now capable of turning all of that extra water to stone, and heating up the planet's core besides.

We'll need AAB to post before the planet-jumping can begin; the floating-eye planet is her character, really.

Upvote 0

Brilliand

Oct 3, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟21,929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'd like the get back to everyone taking turns posting in rotation - Searchingsoul, that means you're next. My characters will probably have to lead the way in responding to the floating-eye planet, but I think the rebel leader has something to respond to...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Brilliand

Oct 3, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟21,929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Okay, my next post ill be the last post of the act (I'll be moving Alania and all of my remaining characters off the planet). AAB, there's nothing wrong with Telemat teleporting onto the eye planet during the next act, as you don't have to mention the planet that he's leaving for that, but did you intend to bring Yama along to the next act? If so, you'll have to find her some means of flight and at least be in the air when Aden makes the jump.

Upvote 0

Brilliand

Oct 3, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟21,929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Act end! Time for the making of lists. AAB, I need separate descriptions of the planet and the empire. Everyone, I need character links for anyone who will be in the next act. Now, I might have everyone already... here's what I have so far:

I intend to call the next act "Into the Eye," as per AAB's suggestion via PM.

Upvote 0

Brilliand

Oct 3, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟21,929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Actually... I have everything I need, so...

Act start!

Act V: Into the Eye

I will not be posting again today. Searchingsoul can't post until I do because Aden is carrying Alania, but Shadowseldil and AAB are in the clear to post, should they get around to it before I do.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Brilliand

Oct 3, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟21,929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I forget. Am I after Brilliand?

I said we could go in any order, except that you had to be sometime after me.

Anyway, let's have you post right after me, now that we've gotten moving.

To everyone: The spinning device that Iban went through reverses gravity for anyone who passes through it, and flips them upside-down at the same time, allowing them to walk on the inside surface of the Eye. Since Jerrick skipped it, he will be upside-down relative to everyone else for quite a long time.

Upvote 0

AAB

...but the greatest of these is love.
Oct 8, 2005
The United States of America (Mojave Desert)
Visit site
✟22,097.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
More information on The Eye's geography:
The planet is smaller than the Earth, but larger than the moon.
Near its entrance is a huge mettalic capitol building. This building contains corridors and high-tech security. Around most of the planet are towns and villages. There are few two-story buildings and very little technology.
At the center of the planet is a huge roughly spherical contraption. It is connected to the surface by several large metal poles with elevators in them. This contraption produces a reverse-gravity field as well as generating the planet's electricity.
Slaves climb around on this contraption, strapped on so they don't fall up. Insude the contraption, or core, are living quarters for the slaves and the few slave drivers, as well as security guards and robots to prevent escape.

Magic
The Eye has no magic of its own. It moves throught the galaxy. When it nears a planet with a strong magical presense, magic on board becomes stronger. When it moves to a planet that is a no-magic zone, magic on The Eye becomes an impossibility (excepting pre-made spells with pre-stored energy). Thus, none on The Eye consider it practical to study any sort of magic. It is too unpredictable.
The outer shell, or which was The Eye faces, is controlled by The Five Senses. The inner shell, or whether the portal is opened, is controlled by magic. Thus it moves quickly, slowely, or not at all depending on where it is.
The Five Senses keep a magic lantern in the control room to easily determine the magic strength of the area to better judge the patterns of the inner shell's movement. This shell has patterns determined by an equation involving the magical concentration of nearby planets and the collective moods of an unknown number of citizens. Which citizens determine this factor change over time based on the ages of the individuals. Because this second number is so absurd to look for, The Five Senses consider it to be "x" and often refigure the pattern.

Upvote 0

Brilliand

Oct 3, 2005
Texas
Visit site
✟21,929.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Wow... you (searchingsoul) described it as much more disorienting thatn I had in mind! I was just thinking that it would be like turning a cartwheel involuntarily (which would probably cause brief dizziness, and possibly losing track of where the ground is long enough to fall down). Still, it doesn't actually contradict anything that has been stated, so it's fine.

EDIT: Actually, since you did offer to edit... I'd prefer that you take out all the side effects except the dizziness. I actually can't think of any reason that those side effects would happen, except possibly some personal weakness triggered by dizziness.

Upvote 0