Spiritual struggle please help

Nov 2, 2009
✟15,130.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Im kind of in a pickle right now because ive been acting abnormal and not myself lately and have come to the conclusion that God wants to change me(rebuking Satan didn't work). I know he wants me to be in this spot, I know that once through this I will tremendously spiritually stronger and that God will change me, but I don't know how to get there. I feel like I acheive normality again, but then soon after Im back to the where I am now. Stuck. Recently spoke in tongues for first time, but I don't know what to do. Please help me:(

Reactions: tpk

PhilosophicalBluster

Existential Good-for-Nothing (See: Philosopher)
Dec 2, 2008
✟16,346.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Im kind of in a pickle right now because ive been acting abnormal and not myself lately and have come to the conclusion that God wants to change me(rebuking Satan didn't work).

Or, ya know, hormones.

I know he wants me to be in this spot, I know that once through this I will tremendously spiritually stronger and that God will change me, but I don't know how to get there.

Isn't that the quandary that everybody has? It's not like we can say, "Oh hai, G-d wants this" because none of us knows what G-d is thinking, or if he even exists. That's why you guys have faith, isn't it?

I feel like I acheive normality again, but then soon after Im back to the where I am now. Stuck.

Say what now?

Recently spoke in tongues for first time,

How do you know you were speaking in tongues?

Upvote 0

tpk

The Preacher's Kid
Jan 29, 2005
Virginia
Visit site
✟21,844.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
@ PhilosophicalBluster: Please try and show some sensitivity to other's needs. He has come to ask for guidance, so try and be helpful.

Anyway, first off, welcome to CF. I hope you can find the assistance you are looking for. I will begin by saying that the most important thing to do at this point is pray. Ask God what he is wanting you to do. Read the Bible as well. And talk to a trusted adult around you, such as a youth minister, pastor, or parent. They will be able to discuss this with you and pray with you and help you along the way.

I'll be praying for you as well, that God shows his plan for you in your life.
God bless!

Upvote 0

Wedjat

Spirited Apostate
Aug 8, 2009
Home sweet home
✟18,807.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I don't know how old you are, but as a teenager, this is a time of transition. Who you are and how you identify yourself will change over this period of your life. The changes may seem gradual, or like every choice you make will last forever, but the truth is it doesn't. Don't worry about needing to make changes, the changes will come when they will come. Mistakes are mistakes and the repercussions will go away, nothing at this point in your life is permanent, so just go with the flow, let yourself be changed, but don't force change upon yourself. In the end, you're choices will shape how you emerge from your chrysalis of adolescence into a confident human being. Don't disrupt the process by trying to shape your teenage years, let your teenage years shape you.

Upvote 0

PhilosophicalBluster

Existential Good-for-Nothing (See: Philosopher)
Dec 2, 2008
✟16,346.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
@ PhilosophicalBluster: Please try and show some sensitivity to other's needs. He has come to ask for guidance, so try and be helpful.

No, my post wasn't exactly 'warm-hearted', but that's not the kind of person I am. It did, however, provide insight. See:
PhilosophicalBluster said:
Isn't that the quandary that everybody has? It's not like we can say, "Oh hai, G-d wants this" because none of us knows what G-d is thinking, or if he even exists. That's why you guys have faith, isn't it?

The other two parts of my post were a) saying that not every single thing has spiritual significance, b) asking for clarification in a part of his post that I didn't understand, and c) asking a question.

Doesn't seem overly harsh to me.

-----------------------------------------------

Whats your problem dude?
?

Upvote 0

secretshadows618

Breaking Chains
May 15, 2009
Texas
✟7,996.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
stutteringpunk - I think right now the best advice anyone can give you is to pray. During anytime you feel like you are struggling cling to God and strengthen your communication with Him.

You say that you have been acting abnormal lately. Your actions are a choice. Figure out in what ways your actions have been unusual and work out a way to change those actions. Like I said you have a choice in how you act.

Just keep having faith. I'll be praying for you :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums