I can do ALL things through Christ
Mar 14, 2005
✟19,856.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Hi,

We've all heard of the shipwrecks, the chaos of life, the tragedy of someone walking away from their faith, or maybe it was never alive for them, too irrelevant or conservative, didnt match up to the words of the Bible, and they just thought, its doesnt matter what you do, just say the right words, you'll get there.

How do you disciple people without them going overboard, either superspiritual or too carnal. If you set the bar too low, people just have a christian social club. Too high, and its has its own problems. I would go too high, but make it sound like its the new normal, i.e. its hard, but your superhuman now. Good idea?

Alive_Again

Resident Alien
Sep 16, 2010
✟12,991.00
Faith
Word of Faith
How do you disciple people without them going overboard, either superspiritual or too carnal.
I see Christianity as being a radical shift from man's ways to God's ways. How can you not be radical since His ways are so different. They involve very controlled thinking, speaking, etc. It's laying aside "natural" ways. Of course it's done by grace.

A Spirit filled life ideally has a lot of ministering to the Lord, praying in the Spirit, being radically thankful; radically forgiving; radically generous. It's radical in your schedule. It's a "race".

People can and do get weird. I remember a prophetic word I received once: "People call you radical, but I call you normal!"

I'm guessing if we're not self-centered and become humble servants, that it will take away from over-thinking ourselves. If we don't band together, we cannot maintain our "radical-ness" very well. It's important to encourage one another to be radical, going against the current of a corrupt world.

Upvote 0