Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Maher's cringeworthy reasoning only speaks to the coarsening of the American pro-choice heart.

The internet is abuzz with the latest episode of Bill Maher’s HBO show, Real Time, where the host gave his take on abortion. Maher didn't mince words when calling the heinous act truly what it is: murder.

Speaking to British journalist Piers Morgan and British author Gillian Tett, Maher called out presumptive Republican nominee for president Donald Trump and his recent statement on abortion, saying this:

“None of you believe it’s murder. You know, that’s why I don’t understand the 15-week thing. Or the — Trump’s plan is, ‘Let’s leave it to the states.’ You mean, so killing babies is okay in some states?” he asked.

He added, “Like, I can respect the absolutist position. I really can. I scold the left when they say [pro-lifers] hate women… they don’t hate women… they just made that up. They think [abortion] is murder, and it kind of is. I’m just okay with that. I am. I, I mean, there’s 8 billion people in the world. I’m sorry; we won’t miss you. That’s my position on that.”

His speech led to some long pregnant pauses, some hearing crickets to then abrupt verbiage by both guests who still couldn’t really fathom what Maher had said. Morgan called his words “harsh” and quipped it’s because the HBO host doesn’t like kids. But then Maher doubled down on his own position, challenging Morgan: “You said you’re pro-choice?” Morgan agreed. “That’s your position, too?” And Morgan concurred with a nod.

Morgan could’ve deviated, but he didn’t. He could’ve echoed the same tired arguments the pro-abortion side is always quick to use, or even uttered the language the Biden administration and specifically Vice President Kamala Harris touts: women’s choice or reproductive health.

But Maher’s decision to equate the so-called surgery with murder is just too brutally honest to rebut. Strong words by Pope Francis and the “hiring of a hitman” come to mind since that is how murders typically take place — in the dark recesses where no one sees, save for the victim and the predator. And when we talk about the victim in abortion, this victim is wholly innocent and hasn’t even taken his or her first breath outside the womb.

Continued below.

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟281,465.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I disliked Maher for a long time after he ridiculed World War II veterans who were angry about their monuments in D.C. being temporarily closed down for some silly reason or another. Every one of those guys who served in WWII is a hero, and Maher wouldn't make a patch on one of their behinds; his snide comments about them, played for cheap laughs during one of his monologues, made me absolutely livid.

But I have noticed that lately he seems to be leaning towards the conservative side of things; I will give him that. He still isn't going on my Christmas card list, but I will grant him that.

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟281,465.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He said that... I was not aware of that. Everyone that went to war in WWII is a hero. I didn't know that about him, I take back about what I said.
Here's the clip, from 11 years ago. How terribly clever he was. :mad:

NOTE: Maher drops an "F bomb" in this clip; for those of you who are offended by coarse language, don't watch the clip, and bear in mind that I didn't say it, Maher did. I am well aware of the rules of the forum, which is why I am posting this disclaimer.

• Winner
Reactions: DJWhalen
Upvote 0

DJWhalen

When God steps in, miracles happen.
Feb 13, 2024
Indianapolis
✟17,422.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Republican
Here's the clip, from 11 years ago. How terribly clever he was. :mad:

NOTE: Maher drops an "F bomb" in this clip; for those of you who are offended by coarse language, don't watch the clip, and bear in mind that I didn't say it, Maher did. I am well aware of the rules of the forum, which is why I am posting this disclaimer.

Thank you. I didn't know that but I am
glad you showed it to me.

Reactions: Wolseley
Upvote 0