Far, far away from here
✟18,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I convinced hubby to switch to cloth diapers! :cheer: I tried when DD was born, but he refused. I campaigned again for them this time and he agreed this week to switch. We are going to switch DD to cloth as soon as I can get all the stuff I need to do it and then the baby will be a cloth diaper baby, too. :D

Upvote 0

FaithPrevails

May 7, 2006
Far, far away from here
✟18,154.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Awesome! Here's a question. I convinced him by agreeing to buy the flushable liners so that he won't have to "dunk" as much. lol Do you use the liners?

Also, what brand do you use and what diaper covers work the best IYO?

Upvote 0

epiclesis

Legend
Sep 29, 2003
Oregon
✟52,647.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Awesome! Here's a question. I convinced him by agreeing to buy the flushable liners so that he won't have to "dunk" as much. lol Do you use the liners?

Also, what brand do you use and what diaper covers work the best IYO?

Liners are fine, but I have not done them. I have used chunks of fleece to line them before, and it kinda works, but not that great.

You could also invest in a diaper sprayer if that appeals to you. It attaches to the water line at the toilet and the poo just sprays off into the toilet.

If you exclusively breastfeed, breastmilk poo is water soluble so you don't need to dunk, spray or clean off. It isn't until they start eating solids (or consume formula) that diaper contents begin being an issue.
I use pockets, so "covers" aren't in my life. I'm not a pre-fold kinda momma. :)
I have Happy Heiny's, bumgenius, Kawaii's, and Blueberry diapers. Kawaii's are pretty cheap at something like $8 each, but you can tell by using them that they won't hold up as long as the others. I usually use them for my overnight diaper though. Out of what I have, Happy Heiny's are my least favorite... there's just nothing about them that really appeals to me. Blueberries are my favorite, and bumGenius have some added things to them that can make them superior.

I've also tried a couple other kinds, but this is what works best for us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

epiclesis

Legend
Sep 29, 2003
Oregon
✟52,647.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I can use a different insert, though, or no? It seems like the inserts would be interchangeable, but I could be wrong about that.

Yeah, they are definitely interchangeable... it just gets expensive. :) The inserts I really like are around $8 each, and the overnight ones around $15 each. Sometimes I buy them "used" from people on diaperswappers though.

When you have a stash of around 50 for 2 kids, it will add up. ;)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

angelsamongus

Daughter of the Most Holy
Apr 14, 2008
Minnesota
✟8,156.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How did it go?

It went really well. I took my 3 and 1 yr to it and they both cried really bad when I droped them off. I was afraid that would happen. However when I went to get them they were happy and the people watching them said they were really good:) So that made it worth it for me. I already like the group I am in too. It will be fun meeting twice a month with them!!

Upvote 0