Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'll start!

Name: Kelly
First baby?: First baby! One angel in heaven though.
Boy/Girl/Don't Know: Not sure, but my gut says girl.
Hobbies: I've gotten back into crocheting now that it is winter again
Anything else you want to share: We're very excited to be pregnant after 14 months of trying with no success! We are also pregnant with so many good friends from church, and we are all due within 12 weeks of each other (4 of us due within 6 weeks of each other! :))

Upvote 0

Erinwilcox

Delighting in His Goodness
Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2005
Maryland
Visit site
✟27,827.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yay! I'm hope this place gets more active--I need the support and company!

Name: Erin
First Baby?: Yes
Boy/Girl/Don't Know: Don't know yet, but can't wait to find out!
Hobbies: Music, Writing, Cooking, and Baking. Want to get back into my sewing and crocheting/knitting, though!
To Share: Pregnancy has been rough so far with intermittent bleeding, but things are looking up!

Upvote 0

felinity

Veteran
Oct 11, 2005
✟17,761.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Green
Hi! :wave:

Name: felinity :)
First baby?: yes
Boy/Girl/Don't Know: Don't know yet. Not sure whether we'll find out ahead of time.
Hobbies: I knit, read, play computer games, etc.
Anything else you want to share: It took us 3.5 years to make this little one - I'm just trying to enjoy this time as much as possible and be grateful for God's blessing.

Upvote 0

Prisca982

Jan 25, 2010
✟15,177.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi ladies,

Name: Prisca
2nd baby
Another boy :)
Hobbies: I used to read, sew, paint, draw, etc but since motherhood started I've only been able to sustain my sewing, and that's limited to evenings when everything else has been done! However, dh and I like to watch films together, and I express my creativity in cooking interesting food for my family, and introducing ds to 'craft', with variable results!

Nice to meet you all. Hope your pregnancies go well.

Upvote 0

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hello everyone! :wave:

Name: Online I usually go by my nickname which happens to be my username here as well. :)

First baby?: 2nd baby

Boy/Girl/Don't Know: Don't know yet, people say that I'm carrying like it's a boy but my daughter is hoping it's a girl

Hobbies: Love writing poems, reading, sewing (but not as much time), want to get back into my crocheting and finish a pink and white baby blanket. I also enjoy designing very immature, goofy media/animation but again only if I have time.

Anything else you want to share: So great to see you guys! I'm about 18 weeks this week and the little one is getting quite active now (having a bit of a dance as I type :D)

Upvote 0

Erinwilcox

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2005
Maryland
Visit site
✟27,827.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
My first OB visit was uneventful since the doctor had only an ancient doppler to listen for the heartbeat--he wants me to come in tomorrow "for fun" to give it another shot with a new machine.

I've only thrown up twice, but I feel nauseated quite frequently . . . my husband makes fun of me because I dry heave a lot and he doesn't get why. He thinks that as long as something smells good, I should be okay--NOT TRUE!! lol

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lotuspetal_uk

Say 'CHEESE!!!!'
Jan 26, 2003
Good Ole' Blighty!
Visit site
✟87,683.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
I kind of embarrased myself when I went for my last health check at 16 weeks. The midwife asked me if I wanted to hear the baby's heartbeat - I jumped at the chance. So she got an electronic doppler and placed it on my tummy.

I immediately heard a slow beat and began to smile and say "Ahhhhh, he/she sounds very relaxed".

The midwife patiently waited for my cooing to end and then politely told me that I was listening to my own heart beat :D When she got the little one's beat it was a lot faster!

And this being my second child too! LOL!

Upvote 0

aunt_kelly

Senior Veteran
Feb 16, 2007
✟12,570.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
^^^ LOL! I was in the emergency room yesterday because of some spotting, and they did an ultrasound. The tech measured everything, and I wasn't paying full attention. She measured my bloodflow and I was scared because it seemed so low! LOL! But, we did see the baby's heart beating! :)

Upvote 0

Erinwilcox

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2005
Maryland
Visit site
✟27,827.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
^^^ LOL! I was in the emergency room yesterday because of some spotting, and they did an ultrasound. The tech measured everything, and I wasn't paying full attention. She measured my bloodflow and I was scared because it seemed so low! LOL! But, we did see the baby's heart beating! :)

The more women I talk to, the more I find out had some sort of bleeding/spotting during early pregnancy.

You're about where I was when I began spotting . . . my ultrasound showed a blood sac/clot/something above my uterus, and that was why I was bleeding. The baby was/is (to my knowledge) fine!

Upvote 0

aunt_kelly

Senior Veteran
Feb 16, 2007
✟12,570.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Erin, the ER doctor as well as my doctor think that that's what it is. The nurse said it looks like a hemorrhage from when the baby implanted.

They did find another sac though, no heartbeat was detected in that one. The nurse said it may have started as twins, but they'll check it more thoroughly at my first appointment this week.

Upvote 0

Erinwilcox

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2005
Maryland
Visit site
✟27,827.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
We HEARD the heartbeat for the first time today!!!

The doctor had us come in again today since he had an ancient doppler last time, and DH had to rush from work to make the appointment. He REALLY wanted to be there for the first time!

My doctor, who is about to retire in December, delivered my youngest sister, and he knows my family. He wanted to do the heartbeat today so that we could hear it, but I think that he wanted to hear it too!

When he finally found it, he said "This is the best sound in the whole world!" Then, he gave me a big hug and kiss after he let Patrick take video of the sound to send to family. I've been floating on a cloud all day. :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CMarie

Oct 6, 2010
✟7,781.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
This is such a cute post idea, I hope you don't mind me joining :wave:

Name: Cecillia
First baby?: Yup :)
Boy/Girl/Don't Know: Not sure yet, but DH and I both think it's a girl
Hobbies: Baking, Reading, Watching Movies
Anything else you want to share: This is our first pregnancy so we're VERY nervous as we don't really know what to expect. Every twinge and cramp worries me but I'm just trying to relax and let all my worries go to God :)

Upvote 0

Erinwilcox

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2005
Maryland
Visit site
✟27,827.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I'm not sure--I think it will be at least 7 more weeks, though . . . I've had two already.

You're so lucky that you have your first appointment this week. I had to wait 9 weeks, and it was TORTURE! lol

Upvote 0

Erinwilcox

Site Supporter
Sep 13, 2005
Maryland
Visit site
✟27,827.00
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Okay, so . . . have you TRIED maternity jeans yet?! My doctor laughed at me and wanted to know if I was gaining weight already since I was wearing maternity jeans with a little band. The truth is that my old jeans still fit quite comfortably, but the maternity jeans are like wearing SWEAT PANTS that look like jeans! They are the most comfortable things EVER!! lol

Upvote 0