Planet Fitness sees $400 MILLION wiped off value just five days after banning member who exposed 'trans woman' shaving in the female locker room

Bradskii

Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟258,493.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
В России: семейные ценности, у нас нет феминизма, нет пропаганды лгбт, люди читают книги, Достоевский, строятся храмы.
я думаю тебе нужен русский форум.

Or some translation app. Because...

...dydw i ddim yn mynd i barhau i gyfieithu popeth rydych chi'n ei ddweud.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟258,493.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Not really since I'm going by a solid longstanding straightforward rule we both know as men don't belong in women's spaces period. Whereas what you're proposing is a lot more vauge.
As we agreed, you'd be ok because you, I presume, think that you look like a guy. You didn't mention genital examinations to prove you'd be ok. Do you want to include a medical exam?

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

May God be with you and bless you.
Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟615,942.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm certain that some of the people in my gym today were gay. Like...who cares? Why would gay people need seperate facilities?

Anyway, we have male and female changing rooms. You choose which one you want to use when you join. This is kinda par for the course.
So it's okay for men to choose the women's locker room?

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟615,942.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
As we agreed, you'd be ok because you, I presume, think that you look like a guy. You didn't mention genital examinations to prove you'd be ok. Do you want to include a medical exam?
The position I've been maintaining has been perfectly clear. There's nothing to be added to it. Or any interpretation of it other than men do not belong in women's spaces. Any other version of that comes from you not me.

Upvote 0

o_mlly

May 20, 2021
Private
✟71,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I'm certain that some of the people in my gym today were gay.
What do you suppose they are now? How about yesterday? Do you think sexual attraction is also fluid?
Like...who cares? Why would gay people need seperate facilities?
? Like a "gays only" locker room?
You choose which one you want to use when you join. This is kinda par for the course.
Do you mean that everyone has the freedom to choose between men's and women's locker rooms? Would it be OK for the gays to pick the room that titillates them the most? Would it be OK for the straights to pick the room that titillates them?

Denying reality, like lying, gets one in the proverbial tangled web.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟215,064.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Men in women's restrooms and locker rooms is a growing issue that's distressing to women and girls, along with being a potential threat to them. Should society throw women and girls under the bus in order to cater to men who fantasize about being women or just claim that they do?
My experience has been that men get far more upset at the idea than women do. All the ladies' rooms have private stalls, so what is the big deal?

The real issue isn't trans women using women's rooms but straight men trying to exploit the situation. Seems to me that trans women, if they didn't transition too early, are more of a protective presence than a menace. Honestly, I have never been molested by a gay person, man or woman, but high school and junior high were lousy with groping guys. My first apartment was in Hell's Kitchen and, being a woman, I was never harassed by the working ladies, either (although the same cannot be said for visiting guys). When I lived in the Village as a teen, I walked around a lot at night and I always felt safe in the gay neighborhood spots.

I have never met anyone I knew to be a trans man, but I've been acquainted with a couple trans women - a vanishingly small minority of the population even in the big cities - and I don't see a threat from them. This is a weird moral hysteria that is being exploited for political purposes to gin up the conservative vote.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟215,064.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So it's okay for men to choose the women's locker room?
So's law strikes again! You know that it's more complicated than that. Is the problem that some straight men think all men are as creepy as themselves when it comes to women? You know that your motive for wanting in the women's room is bad, therefore his must also be?

Upvote 0

o_mlly

May 20, 2021
Private
✟71,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The real issue isn't trans women using women's rooms but straight men trying to exploit the situation.
Do you mean trans women who are not heterosexual? How about non-trans-homosexual women? Which locker room for them?

Do you not see at a minimum the moral hazard for all with the gym's self-identification policy? Gee, at least a doctor's note to screen members seems in order.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟215,064.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Do you mean trans women who are not heterosexual?
No, I mean straight, cis men who are trying to exploit the situation. They are the actual problem.

How about non-trans-homosexual women? Which locker room for them?
I don't know what goes on in men's locker rooms, but, as I already posted that you edited out, I have never been molested by anyone other than straight guys. Same with all of my women friends.

Do you not see at a minimum the moral hazard for all with the gym's self-identification policy?
No. The moral hazard I see are straight guys trying to take advantage of the situation and those political operatives willing to demonize a small, really obscure group.

Gee, at least a doctor's note to screen members seems in order.
Why? Any jerk there for something other than changing and showering can easily forge a note. Blaming trans people for others' jerkiness is unjust.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟215,064.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm from Russia. We are looking at the whole situation taking place in Europe and the USA. It is very sad that a minority of abnormal people dictate their own rules to the majority. Your films come to us and sometimes it is impossible to watch them, it is not interesting, because they have become the propaganda of the modern agenda: genders, LGBT, blacks began to be inserted everywhere, sometimes in roles that do not suit them at all.
I'm guessing you are a straight, white guy who sees the "default person" to be the straight, white guy with everyone else being questionable at best, having to justify their existence in movie roles, "other people".

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟615,942.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My experience has been that men get far more upset at the idea than women do. All the ladies' rooms have private stalls, so what is the big deal?

The real issue isn't trans women using women's rooms but straight men trying to exploit the situation. Seems to me that trans women, if they didn't transition too early, are more of a protective presence than a menace. Honestly, I have never been molested by a gay person, man or woman, but high school and junior high were lousy with groping guys. My first apartment was in Hell's Kitchen and, being a woman, I was never harassed by the working ladies, either (although the same cannot be said for visiting guys). When I lived in the Village as a teen, I walked around a lot at night and I always felt safe in the gay neighborhood spots.

I have never met anyone I knew to be a trans man, but I've been acquainted with a couple trans women - a vanishingly small minority of the population even in the big cities - and I don't see a threat from them. This is a weird moral hysteria that is being exploited for political purposes to gin up the conservative vote.
This is the usual they're not raping anyone argument. And women are being very vocal about the whole thing saying their right to privacy is being infringed upon. Such as the woman in the OP article. And it's a growing trend rather than a vanishing minority, which is why it comes up so much these days. No one who's been alive the last hundred years can't think of a time when there wasn't a 'men don't belong in women's spaces' rule. And now society is at a point where that simple rule is now considered "moral hysteria". It really comes out as conservatives are pro-morality vs anti-morality. Along with conservatives want to stick to reality vs alternate reality.

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟615,942.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm guessing you are a straight, white guy who sees the "default person" to be the straight, white guy with everyone else being questionable at best, having to justify their existence in movie roles, "other people".
He's talking about people of color being cast in roles that don't suit them just for the sake of wokeness. Which is just plain ridiculous. Like Idris Elba being cast as the main character Roland in The Dark Tower when the whole idea in the book series is that Roland is basically Stephen King's twin. It makes as little sense as if Bruce Willis had been cast as John Coffey in The Green Mile.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟258,493.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The position I've been maintaining has been perfectly clear. There's nothing to be added to it. Or any interpretation of it other than men do not belong in women's spaces. Any other version of that comes from you not me.
We're looking how to determine who uses which changing room. We can't have a rule for you and a different one for others. I think we're just about there.

Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟258,493.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Do you mean that everyone has the freedom to choose between men's and women's locker rooms?
Yes. Everyone is free to choose the one that aligns with their gender.
Would it be OK for the gays to pick the room that titillates them the most?
Why are you talking about gays? You (personally) choose the changing room that aligns with your gender. That's the same if you are straight, gay or transgender. It's the same for everyone.
Would it be OK for the straights to pick the room that titillates them?
Creepy behaviour was mentioned earlier. That's a matter that doesn't depend on one being straight, gay or transgender. If someone is acting in a sexually inappropriate manner then please advise a member of staff.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟615,942.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You choose the changing room the same way you did. You select 'male' on the form when you joined.
The choices are:

zzzap.png

Upvote 0

Ceallaigh

Site Supporter
Oct 2, 2020
✟615,942.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
We're looking how to determine who uses which changing room. We can't have a rule for you and a different one for others. I think we're just about there.
Just spell out how you think it should work, instead of whatever clever web you're trying to weave.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟258,493.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Just spell out how you think it should work, instead of whatever clever web you're trying to weave.
We're looking for a rule that is applicable for everyone. So we get people to do what you do. I've been saying that the last few posts. Why aren't you reading them?

Upvote 0