Chesapeake, VA
✟12,328.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
that is correct

but we are not talking about correcting deformities
we are talking about people mutilating healthy organs because they are mentally confused about what gender they really are

correcting deformities is not a sin
mutilating a healthy body is a sin

Au contraire, mon ami! We ARE talking about correcting deformities. The deformity is in the brain. It causes huge agony to those with this condition. You not being able to see it doesn't change a thing. It's still there. The brain cannot be repaired with today's technology. The only alternative to alleviate the suffering is to adapt the body to match.

Upvote 0

StephanieSomer

Mar 16, 2014
Chesapeake, VA
✟12,328.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
so many people who do not agree with the teachings of the Catholic Church want to post on a Catholic forum for some reason?

This is the last time I will be treated with remarks such as this one in this section of the forums. I won't be returning to the OBOB forums ever again. If you wish a separate playground to play your games, you have one. I'll go play elsewhere.

Upvote 0

BrokenWarrior

Just a Messenger
Dec 29, 2014
Where ever my Lord's work is to be done.
✟8,157.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Transsexuality has NOTHING to do with sexuality. I have no idea where you got that it does, because it doesn't. You do not have Scripture backing you up. The very fact that you state it that it does demonstrates that you have done exactly as i said before and have gone to the Scripture in an attempt to JUSTIFY your own opinions rather than allowing God to create your opinions.

Scripture doesn't back me up. I don't need it to do so. I got my opinion FROM the Scripture. I back up the Scripture by proclaiming what it DOES say. You are bending Scriptures to your own will.

Aye Beloved friend...

Deuteronomy 22:5 States that Transgender is wrong.

That which is listed under that chapter are miscellaneous laws.

"God is the same yesterday, today, and forever."

What God considered sinful then, is still sinful now.

But, alas, I am convinced by Scripture contrary to your believe. I merely saw you content in your sin and pointed it out. What you choose to do know is your own will. If I have in any way bothered or moved your conscience, or made you double check your standing, my work here is done.

God Be With You Friend!
-The Current Lowest Servant

Upvote 0

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟279,491.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
why do you come to a Catholic forum and argue against Church teaching?

why do you encourage people to mutilate their body instead of getting their mental illness fixed?
if something needs corrected, it is the thinking, not the body
the body is (more or less) healthy
if these people claim something is wrong, if the problem is not physical, why seek to mutilate healthy physical organs

these people do not need to become castrated
they need mental help

I quite agree.

if a person told you that they were Napoleon Bonaparte and they just got back from Waterloo
you would not believe them
because their story does not match up with reality
but if a man tells you they are "really" a woman, you are inclined to believe him?

Yes, they believe that, Rhamiel---because they want to. They refuse to believe that what they're defending is in any way abnormal or sinful, because they want this particular deviancy to be accepted, and they demand that society and the Church change to accommodate their specific perversion----just as active homosexuals do.

I've sat here and read page after page of people posting the most outlandish nonsense, stuff that flies in the face of biology, psychology, moral theology, and plain, flat, common sense---and they defend that viewpoint, because they want to. And if anyone tries to tell them differently, they stuff their fingers in their ears and sing, "La-la-la-la-la-la-la, I'm not LIST-ening!!!"

When someone has reached that stage of willful, entrenched self-delusion, they're not likely to listen to any opinions that are contrary to the delusion; basically about all you can really do is shake your head and walk away.

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If I have depression, can I deal with it by hanging myself? Or should I deal with the problem in my head without getting physical?

I don't think I understand your question. If you suffer from depression you should find a Doctor you trust and follow the treatment regimens he or she prescribes while following up routinely to ensure that treatments are working as well as possible. It does not follow logically that if suicide is not the recommended course for someone suffering from depression that living as a gender opposite the genitals you were born with must not be an option for people suffering from gender dysphoria or atypical chromosomes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MoonlessNight

Fides et Ratio
Sep 16, 2003
✟63,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Because factual evidence demonstrates clearly that males and females have brain which are constructed and function differently. Transsexuals' brains have been demonstrated time and time again as being constructed as the sex they claim. And their innate senses are functioning exactly as the opposite sex.
If it is so well documented give me links.

Because I have heard similar things in the past and had "factual evidence" turn out to be "we did a chi-square test with a population size of 30 and got a p-value of .049" and "time and time again" turn out to be "literally only two studies."

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I quite agree.

Yes, they believe that, Rhamiel---because they want to. They refuse to believe that what they're defending is in any way abnormal or sinful, because they want this particular deviancy to be accepted, and they demand that society and the Church change to accommodate their specific perversion----just as active homosexuals do.

I've sat here and read page after page of people posting the most outlandish nonsense, stuff that flies in the face of biology, psychology, moral theology, and plain, flat, common sense---and they defend that viewpoint, because they want to. And if anyone tries to tell them differently, they stuff their fingers in their ears and sing, "La-la-la-la-la-la-la, I'm not LIST-ening!!!"

When someone has reached that stage of willful, entrenched self-delusion, they're not likely to listen to any opinions that are contrary to the delusion; basically about all you can really do is shake your head and walk away.

I'm not sure what you're talking about Wols, who in this discussion is trying to change the Church to a compare their perversion?

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
also if we look at drug abuse, alcohol abuse, suicide, attempted suicide, depression and other factors
even after getting operated on, Transsexuals are far more likely to suffer from these problems then the general population

that is because the problem was never with their body, it was with their mind
mutilating the body did not alleviate their sense of unease

it is like that with every unhealthy craving, every vice
we think once we get this one thing, we will be happy
but that is not the case

Actually the statistics point to these happening as a result of rejection by society, not because the problem is with our minds.

Also, the surgery is not to correct depression, but dysphoria, which it is very successful at doing. Dysphoria isn't necessarily the primary source of depression.

Keep in mind that in many areas, you can be refused a job, refused housing and refused medical care, legally, on the basis that you are transgender.

If I have depression, can I deal with it by hanging myself? Or should I deal with the problem in my head without getting physical?

You can, but it's not the best option - as generally agreed upon by society.

However, you cannot pick another random issue and expect that it should establish the treatment for another condition. That is not different from saying, "Oh you broke your arm? We are going to remove your appendix then."

Look at the history of treating transgender patients. They tried therapy as a solution for this condition and it failed.

Look also at the case of David Reimer. After a botched circumcision, they surgically altered his genitalia to that of a female and tried to raise him as a girl and it didn't work.

Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟183,262.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Actually the statistics point to these happening as a result of rejection by society, not because the problem is with our minds.

Yes, we hear that a lot.

Strange how they still happen in "gay-friendly" (T being part of LGBTQ) cultures as well then isn't it....

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Yes, we hear that a lot.

Strange how they still happen in "gay-friendly" (T being part of LGBTQ) cultures as well then isn't it....

It's really not that surprising that some people are rude to other people.

Also, the LGBT isn't exactly unified at all.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

Also, the surgery is not to correct depression, but dysphoria, which it is very successful at doing. Dysphoria isn't necessarily the primary source of depression.

Keep in mind that in many areas, you can be refused a job, refused housing and refused medical care, legally, on the basis that you are transgender.

statistics point to these things happening as a result of rejection by society?

this seems a bit subjective

our culture is getting more inclined to make excuses for any perversion, many doctors might just be shamed into silence
they know if they say what they really think, they would not be getting the cushy jobs, the award dinners
this "rejection by society" seems to go both ways
I mean, Planet Fitness a view of gender that lines up with what you think

Upvote 0

Inkfingers

Somebody's heretic
Site Supporter
May 17, 2014
✟183,262.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It's really not that surprising that some people are rude to other people.

Also, the LGBT isn't exactly unified at all.

Sorry, that doesn't wash. You have cultures that are highly accepting of LGBTQ yet the drugs, suicide, depression, etc continues there as well.

Maybe, just maybe, you should consider that mental illness is more to do with believing yourself to be something you are not, or with subverting the life-creating process of sex into a "normalised" interfacing with a digestive tract.

But no. Maybe that has nothing to do with it, and its just "bigots" and "homophobes" being nasty. That would be far easier to believe. After all, cognitive dissonance is uncomfortable....

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

this seems a bit subjective

our culture is getting more inclined to make excuses for any perversion, many doctors might just be shamed into silence
they know if they say what they really think, they would not be getting the cushy jobs, the award dinners

The Doctors I know are surprisingly vocal about their non-PC opinions. I don't think that "they're probably treating people in ways contrary to what they believe to be right" is a charitable or warranted suggestion to make.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I'm not sure what you're talking about Wols, who in this discussion is trying to change the Church to a compare their perversion?

well this is a Catholic forum
and people are saying that genital mutilation (so called sex change surgeries) are a viable form of treatment and that the people who are mutilated in such a way should be treated like they are the other gender

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
well this is a Catholic forum
and people are saying that genital mutilation (so called sex change surgeries) are a viable form of treatment and that the people who are mutilated in such a way should be treated like they are the other gender

Answer the question, please. There was an accusation of some trying to change the Church. Please point to it and discuss it.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Answer the question, please. There was an accusation of some trying to change the Church. Please point to it and discuss it.

all the conversation on this about how it is a good thing are arguments that Church teaching do not line up with reality
so yeah, they want the Church to change its teachings

if you do not believe me, just ask them

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Here's the study.

Look at the top right of page 2.

I'd rather not be called a perversion. Thanks.

This seems subjective. Do you have any backup for this statement?

And what science has to say on the subject, but that doesn't support your above statement.

Sorry, that doesn't wash. You have cultures that are highly accepting of LGBTQ yet the drugs, suicide, depression, etc continues there as well.

Care to establish this with a source?

Maybe, just maybe, you should consider that mental illness is more to do with believing yourself to be something you are not, or with subverting the life-creating process of sex into a "normalised" interfacing with a digestive tract.

But no. Maybe that has nothing to do with it, and its just "bigots" and "homophobes" being nasty. That would be far easier to believe. After all, cognitive dissonance is uncomfortable....

Maybe, just maybe, I have looked more at what science has to say on the subject, what the people who actually decide what mental illness is, rather that just going with my person feeling which used to be that there was just something wrong with me. I am quite comfortable with my understanding of the condition.

I also will challenge you to show that I have called anyone "bigot" or the completely inappropriate "homophobe", considering that this has nothing to do with homosexuality. Personal attacks are not a substitute for an actual argument.

Transition from one sex to another has nothing to do with wanting to have sex with any particular group of people. Considering that you suggest this has anything to do with homosexuality merely displays your lack of education on the subject.

Upvote 0

Cute Tink

Blah
Site Supporter
Nov 22, 2002
✟125,391.00
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
all the conversation on this about how it is a good thing are arguments that Church teaching do not line up with reality
so yeah, they want the Church to change its teachings

if you do not believe me, just ask them

I do not want to change church teachings at all. You are welcome to believe as you see fit. I seek only to educate so that society is a better place for people like me.

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I do not want to change church teachings at all. You are welcome to believe as you see fit. I seek only to educate so that society is a better place for people like me.

I appreciate your honesty and I appologize for any false witness that might have been suggested against you by people who share my belief and faith in Jesus Christ.

Reactions: Cute Tink
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.