Nebraska Man: What's Wrong with this Picture?

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟374,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
That, and they're willing to jump the gun to push their doctrine on to the general public.

Had that article said they just found something, with its identity pending, then no harm/no foul.
Which is what happened. When it was reviewed, it was shown to be a different animal.
But no.

They found something, identified it as a missing link, gave it a scientific name, and let an artist draw it in its "native habitat."
Where did they say "missing link?" Where did they authorize some magazine to make up a picture which did not correpond to the data they had?
You just made those things up, didn't you?
Not to mention getting it taught in our schools.
I review science texts from time to time. Which of them has that fossil depicted as a primate?

I think you made that up, too. But let's see what you show us.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟374,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Glad you learned liked it.
SN1987A: A blue supergiant star, created in BC4004 in the hollow of God's hand for the angel Sanduleak, i.e. his home. SN1987A was then 'ballooned' to the distance of 168,000 light years distance from the earth, with its starlight kept intact on the earth, when God stretched the universe.
Psalm 104:2b who stretchest out the heavens like a curtain:
Circa 2300 B.C., Sanduleak leaves his home and comes to earth and marries a woman here; settling down and having [giant] children.

God destroys the world with a global flood and confines Sanduleak to:
Jude 6: And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
God then destroys Sanduleak's home (the supergiant star), circa 2345 B.C. and moves the light from its destruction across space for "discovery" on 23 February 1987.
And all the while, science took hikes as necessary.

For one thing, Sanduleak was born in 1933 in New York state. For another, he died in 1990 in Cleveland. He apparently never married, and had no children, giant or otherwise. And his home remains standing.

Nice try, though.

• Informative
Reactions: Astrophile
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,948,127.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
When it was reviewed, it was shown to be a different animal.

When what was reviewed? an "object of interest"? or "Hesperopithecus haroldcookii"?

Where did they say "missing link?"

Bryan, in fact, was prepared to take on Nebraska Man—upon his arrival in Dayton on July 7, he repeated his comments belittling the "missing link" founded on a single tooth from Nebraska and, dredging up one of his favorite lines, told reporters that "these men would destroy the Bible on evidence that would not convict a habitual criminal of a misdemeanor." (Anon., 1925b, p. 6.)

After due deliberation, they solemnly concluded and announced that the tooth was the long looked-for and eagerly longed-for missing link which the world awaited.

SOURCE

Where did they authorize some magazine to make up a picture which did not correspond to the data they had?

I give up ... where?

You just made those things up, didn't you?

Doesn't look like it, does it?

I review science texts from time to time.

Good.

Which of them has that fossil depicted as a primate?

See if it's in this pile of junk science from yesterday:

1709836789710.jpeg

I think you made that up, too.

That doesn't surprise me.

I've been here for eighteen years now, and I've been accused of making things up from basic doctrine to other people's pet theories.

I don't know how many times I've had to go to Wikipedia, online dictionaries, and etymology sites to copy-and-paste something I've been accused of making up.

And you're no exception.

But let's see what you show us.

Hesperopithecus haroldcookii -- nuff said.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,948,127.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
For one thing, Sanduleak was born in 1933 in New York state.

Ya ... that was brought to my attention back then.

If I remember correctly.

What's the point?

That the angel's name wasn't Sanduleak, per se?

Okay ... no big deal.

It wasn't "Sanduleak".

But don't miss the forest for the trees.

Make it "John Doe," if it'll help you understand.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟374,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Ya ... that was brought to my attention back then.

If I remember correctly.

What's the point?
He wasn't an angel. He was human. Your story is a little fairy tale.
But don't miss the forest for the trees.
The forest is, you just dreamed up an angel and decided an exploding ball of hydrogen was where he lived until he moved to Earth, found a nice girl, had some giants with her, and then got walloped by God for his affrontery.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟374,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Where did they say "missing link?"
Bryan, in fact, was prepared to take on Nebraska Man—upon his arrival in Dayton on July 7, he repeated his comments belittling the "missing link" founded on a single tooth from Nebraska and, dredging up one of his favorite lines, told reporters that "these men would destroy the Bible on evidence that would not convict a habitual criminal of a misdemeanor." (Anon., 1925b, p. 6.)
Bryan wasn't a scientist. Thought you knew. Do you have any real examples?
Where did they authorize some magazine to make up a picture which did not correspond to the data they had?

I give up ... where?
Your claim. Up to you to support it. You made it up, didn't you?

I review science texts from time to time. Which of them has that fossil depicted as a primate?

(declines to say)

So another one you made up. And yes, I'll apologize if you can document it anywhere in the literature.

I've been here for eighteen years now, and I've been accused of making things up from basic doctrine to other people's pet theories.
For good reasons, it seems. You've claims in this thread, and when called on them, failed to show any evidence for them.

Next time, make sure it's true before you make the claim.

Reactions: Ophiolite
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,948,127.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Next time, make sure it's true before you make the claim.

Fair enough.

I can't find anything on this school textbook accusation, so I'll drop it for now.

Reactions: The Barbarian
Upvote 0