Visit site
✟5,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Hi, everyone! I’m somewhat new to Christian forums! One of the reasons I joined is because I am an artist/writer and wanted to share my creations with people and see what they think of it. I tried social media, but it feels kind of shallow and, in general, you always have to really stand out for people to notice you, so I felt ignored there. I also wanted to share with people who are Christians and/or who have the same moral values as me. I like to create beautiful art, but I am also passionate about creating art that is pure, too. I think my art would interest female preteens, teens, and young adults, but if you take an interest in shoujo manga/anime and/or pretty art with classic, wholesome themes that are also a lot of fun, then you might like my stuff! Thanks for stopping by!
Vanille's Pastel Macarons 300 dpi_3 restored (2) (2) (1) (1) (2) (1).png

This is a character of mine called Vanille Sucre. She is a French girl from the countryside and works at a tearoom. She is holding a jar of pastel macarons! (Picture made with alcohol markers.)

Vanille Lake (11 x 14 Art Print).png

Vanille on a boat in a magical lake with a bridge in the background. (Picture made with colored pencils.)

I also like to paint non-anime pictures of feminine things such as flowers, pretty animals, and fashion illustrations using watercolors.
Untitled design (2)_6_2 (1) (1) (1) (1) (1) (1) (1) (1) (1) (1) (1) (1) (1) (1) (1) (1) (1) (1...png

European-inspired vanity table (Made with watercolor brush pens.)

Illustration6 (19).png

Kitty on a Pink Cushion (Made with watercolor brush pens.)

As I create more art, I'd love to continue sharing it with you on this thread! I’d also love to hear your thoughts on my art! But please be kind and respectful in your comments as I’ve worked hard on my creations and they mean a lot to me. Thanks!

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟138,742.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi, everyone! I’m somewhat new to Christian forums! One of the reasons I joined is because I am an artist/writer and wanted to share my creations with people and see what they think of it. I tried social media, but it feels kind of shallow and, in general, you always have to really stand out for people to notice you, so I felt ignored there. I also wanted to share with people who are Christians and/or who have the same moral values as me. I like to create beautiful art, but I am also passionate about creating art that is pure, too. I think my art would interest female preteens, teens, and young adults, but if you take an interest in shoujo manga/anime and/or pretty art with classic, wholesome themes that are also a lot of fun, then you might like my stuff! Thanks for stopping by!
View attachment 347842
This is a character of mine called Vanille Sucre. She is a French girl from the countryside and works at a tearoom. She is holding a jar of pastel macarons! (Picture made with alcohol markers.)

View attachment 347846
Vanille on a boat in a magical lake with a bridge in the background. (Picture made with colored pencils.)

I also like to paint non-anime pictures of feminine things such as flowers, pretty animals, and fashion illustrations using watercolors.
View attachment 347847
European-inspired vanity table (Made with watercolor brush pens.)

View attachment 347849
Kitty on a Pink Cushion (Made with watercolor brush pens.)

As I create more art, I'd love to continue sharing it with you on this thread! I’d also love to hear your thoughts on my art! But please be kind and respectful in your comments as I’ve worked hard on my creations and they mean a lot to me. Thanks!
I like your art a lot,especially with the combination of pastel colors and bright neons. In theory, you could make anime style drawings of Catholic saints, or Christian figures?

Reactions: DreamyLaLa
Upvote 0

DreamyLaLa

Apr 11, 2024
Ventura
Visit site
✟5,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I like your art a lot,especially with the combination of pastel colors and bright neons. In theory, you could make anime style drawings of Catholic saints, or Christian figures?
Thanks so much! That's an interesting idea though I always wanted draw and write about my original characters. Your idea actually reminds me of two different manga I read years ago about Judith and St. Paul. They're both published by an American company called Manga Hero (the company no longer exists, though). Have you heard of them?

Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟138,742.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks so much! That's an interesting idea though I always wanted draw and write about my original characters. Your idea actually reminds me of two different manga I read years ago about Judith and St. Paul. They're both published by an American company called Manga Hero (the company no longer exists, though). Have you heard of them?
You are welcome. I have not heard of the Manga Hero, I am more into anime compared to manga. But, I hope you can glorify God by making art of the saints. Secular art is okay also, but must be balanced with Christian art, in my opinion. :)

Upvote 0

DreamyLaLa

Apr 11, 2024
Ventura
Visit site
✟5,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Thought I'd post a few spring-themed pictures of mine before the season whizzes by! (It is my second favorite season after summer!)

Daisy Girl Art Print.png

Daisies and pale blue abound in this picture! (Watercolor)

Lavender Lace Notecard (Back).png

White lace roses amidst a background of lavender. (White ink on lavender-colored paper.)

Lacage's Petite Madeleine 300 dpi restored_2 (1) (2) (2) (1)_2 (1) (1) (3) (1) (1) (2).png

A character of mine named Lacage who is a maid and an angel!:angel: She's holding a madeleine cookie. (Alcohol markers.)

02CB16BE-D10D-4E51-9D54-FE12BB481CFF.jpeg

My artwork on a mug of mine!

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟138,742.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thought I'd post a few spring-themed pictures of mine before the season whizzes by! (It is my second favorite season after summer!)

View attachment 347901
Daisies and pale blue abound in this picture! (Watercolor)

View attachment 347903
White lace roses amidst a background of lavender. (White ink on lavender-colored paper.)

View attachment 347905
A character of mine named Lacage who is a maid and an angel!:angel: She's holding a madeleine cookie. (Alcohol markers.)

View attachment 347904
My artwork on a mug of mine!
I hope that you sell your art. People would be willing to buy it. Nice rose art, by the way, and daisy watercolor.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

DreamyLaLa

Apr 11, 2024
Ventura
Visit site
✟5,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I hope that you sell your art. People would be willing to buy it. Nice rose art, by the way, and daisy watercolor.
Wow, thanks AlexB23, that means a lot to me! I actually do have two Etsy stores right now. One in which my sister and I sell our anime art and another in which I sell my non-anime art. I'll leave the links below. Let me know what you think of them, if you want. Feel free to tell anyone you know about my shops who might be interested, too!;)

Anime Etsy shop: Le Ange Rose Shoppe
Feminine watercolor shop (non-anime): Lily Wings Designs

• Winner
Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟138,742.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Wow, thanks AlexB23, that means a lot to me! I actually do have two Etsy stores right now. One in which my sister and I sell our anime art and another in which I sell my non-anime art. I'll leave the links below. Let me know what you think of them, if you want. Feel free to tell anyone you know about my shops who might be interested, too!;)

Anime Etsy shop: Le Ange Rose Shoppe
Feminine watercolor shop (non-anime): Lily Wings Designs
I will tell others who are into anime more than I am about your shops. :) Etsy has a lot of Chinese-made crud on it (like most online stores in the 2020s), so thank you for making real art that is not Chinese import.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Multifavs

Daughter of God
Site Supporter
May 28, 2017
USA
✟161,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Your art is amazing! I love the pastel colors and the pretty, flowery designs so much! I really like the characters and the vanity and the cat...so cute and colorful. And your stationery, notebooks, and art prints are beautiful. I look forward to seeing more! ^-^:hibiscus::rose::sunflower::tulip::blossom::cherryblossom:

Upvote 0

DreamyLaLa

Apr 11, 2024
Ventura
Visit site
✟5,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
You are welcome. I have not heard of the Manga Hero, I am more into anime compared to manga. But, I hope you can glorify God by making art of the saints. Secular art is okay also, but must be balanced with Christian art, in my opinion. :)
Oh, okay, I didn't know you liked anime more. Thank you for the input regarding art of the saints.:) Religious art can definitely glorify God in a special way. I think, though, that if a person feels called to creating secular art, he or she can also contribute to spreading goodness in the world if he or she has a proper understanding of the natural law and of the vocation of artists. I found Pope John Paul II's 'Letter to Artists' really helpful in understanding these concepts!:)
Also, sorry I didn't reply to your post right away. I sometimes like to mull over people's posts before rushing into a reply.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟138,742.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Oh, okay, I didn't know you liked anime more. Thank you for the input regarding art of the saints.:) Religious art can definitely glorify God in a special way. I think, though, that if a person feels called to creating secular art, he or she can also contribute to spreading goodness in the world if he or she has a proper understanding of the natural law and of the vocation of artists. I found Pope John Paul II's 'Letter to Artists' really helpful in understanding these concepts!:)
Also, sorry I didn't reply to your post right away. I sometimes like to mull over people's posts before rushing into a reply.
You are welcome. I would like to see if you can make an anime style St. Joseph though.

Upvote 0

DreamyLaLa

Apr 11, 2024
Ventura
Visit site
✟5,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I will tell others who are into anime more than I am about your shops. :) Etsy has a lot of Chinese-made crud on it (like most online stores in the 2020s), so thank you for making real art that is not Chinese import.
Thanks a lot! I really appreciate it! Yeah, I've seen what you're talking about on Etsy. It's no good. Personally, I'm really saddened by so many products on Etsy that have messages or art that are in really bad taste...

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟138,742.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thanks a lot! I really appreciate it! Yeah, I've seen what you're talking about on Etsy. It's no good. Personally, I'm really saddened by so many products on Etsy that have messages or art that are in really bad taste...
You are welcome.

Boycott China

Upvote 0

DreamyLaLa

Apr 11, 2024
Ventura
Visit site
✟5,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Your art is amazing! I love the pastel colors and the pretty, flowery designs so much! I really like the characters and the vanity and the cat...so cute and colorful. And your stationery, notebooks, and art prints are beautiful. I look forward to seeing more! ^-^:hibiscus::rose::sunflower::tulip::blossom::cherryblossom:
Aww, thanks so much for your kind words!:blush: I'd like to show more art here in the future, as well as a sample of one of my stories once I finish editing it!

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟138,742.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Aww, thanks so much for your kind words!:blush: I'd like to show more art here in the future, as well as a sample of one of my stories once I finish editing it!
YW, again. Yeah, feel free to upload your art here, but use a watermark, cos some people steal art, especially AI sadly.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

DreamyLaLa

Apr 11, 2024
Ventura
Visit site
✟5,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
You are welcome. I would like to see if you can make an anime style St. Joseph though.
That's sounds pretty cool! Why St. Joseph? I kind of always wanted to try painting a picture of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary, but I imagined those to be in a non-anime art style.

Upvote 0

AlexB23

Christian
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2023
WI
✟138,742.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That's sounds pretty cool! Why St. Joseph? I kind of always wanted to try painting a picture of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary, but I imagined those to be in a non-anime art style.
He is my favorite saint.

Upvote 0

DreamyLaLa

Apr 11, 2024
Ventura
Visit site
✟5,927.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Here's another mug of mine as well as a very pink art piece of a chibi character of mine surrounded by all the things she enjoys like surfing and playing the drums! You can find both these designs on products of mine at my Etsy shop! Take a look if you're interested! :)
Le Ange Rose Shoppe

3E548E46-02CF-4354-B6BA-4A2340128915.jpeg

Cyndy's Pretty, Pink World_3 (1) (3) (2) (1) (1) (1) (2) (2) (3) (1) (2) (3) (4) (1) (1) (2) (...png

• Winner
Reactions: Multifavs
Upvote 0