Visit site
✟296,066.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I thought we were having a discussion about the Bible. I did not know you were talking about comic books.
The depiction of the rich man and Lazarus, the beggar, is very similar to a comic book portrayal. One that makes a moral point by using a memorable situation.
Taking it as real, shows a childish simplicity.
do you enjoy being arrogant towards the Jews?
I merely point out their fate for their continued rejection of Jesus.
Bible Prophecy is clear; they will be punished and only a remnant will survive. Isaiah 6:11-13, Isaiah 22:14, Romans 9:27

An interesting news item: The Rabbi's in Jerusalem have told their flock to cease spitting on Christians.
Just a little insight to the Jewish mindset.

Upvote 0

keras

Writer of studies on Bible prophecy
Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟296,066.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Did that already happen in the Holocaust?
No.
Only those Jews living in Nazi controlled countries were killed.
Six million were killed, but many did survive and there remained many more in America and even New Zealand has a Jewish population.

But actually what is Prophesied to happen to the Jewish State of Israel at the forthcoming Sixth Seal devastation, is punishment to those who call themselves Jews, but are not..... Revelation 2:9
They are the people who overtly reject Jesus and fail to acknowledge God as their Protector.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟92,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The depiction of the rich man and Lazarus, the beggar, is very similar to a comic book portrayal. One that makes a moIral point by using a memorable situation.
Taking it as real, shows a childish simplicity.

I merely point out their fate for their continued rejection of Jesus.
Bible Prophecy is clear; they will be punished and only a remnant will survive. Isaiah 6:11-13, Isaiah 22:14, Romans 9:27

An interesting news item: The Rabbi's in Jerusalem have told their flock to cease spitting on Christians.
Just a little insight to the Jewish mindset.
I assure you, Western Eschatology that forgets the origin of the EASTERN RELIGION has had no hand in that matter.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
They are the people who overtly reject Jesus and fail to acknowledge God as their Protector.
I think most of the Rabbi and Hebrew people accept Jesus, they just do not want to make a public confession to that effect. I believe Jesus is the only way. No matter what your religion is. He is the only way to be saved. I am not sure they have to make a public confession.

Jesus talks about this in Matthew 10:32. What about the people that do not confess or deny Him?

32Therefore everyone who confesses Me before men, I will also confess him before My Father in heaven. 33But whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father in heaven.…

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟296,066.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
The Parable of the Landowner: Ethnic Israel is rejected and the true Israelites is now the Church, every faithful Christian:

Matthew 21:33-46 Listen to another parable. There was a landowner who planted a vineyard and put a wall around it, built a watchtower and rented it out to vine-growers then went on a journey. When the harvest time approached, he sent his slaves to the vine-growers to receive his produce. The vine-growers took his slaves and beat one, and killed another, and stoned a third. Again he sent another group of slaves larger than the first; and they did the same thing to them. But afterward he sent his son to them, saying, 'They will respect my son.' But when the vine-growers saw the son, they said among themselves, 'This is the heir; come, let us kill him and seize his inheritance.' They took him, and threw him out of the vineyard and killed him. Therefore when the owner of the vineyard comes, what will he do to those vine-growers? They said to Him, "He will bring those wretches to a wretched end, and will rent out the vineyard to other vine-growers who will pay him the proceeds at the proper seasons. Jesus said to them: Did you never read in the Scriptures; The Stone that the builders rejected has become the cornerstone. This is the Lord’s doing and it is amazing to us.

Therefore I say to you, the Kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people, who will produce the fruit of it. And he who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces; but on whomever it falls, it will scatter him like dust. When the chief priests and the Pharisees heard His parables, they understood that He was speaking about them. When they sought to seize Him, they feared the people, because they considered Him to be a prophet.

In this perfectly clear parable, paralleled by Isaiah 5:1-7, Jesus prophesied that the Jews, as a nation, were going to be replaced by something new; faithful Christians who do what they can to spread the Gospel and who fulfill their appointed tasks.
"He will bring those wretches to a wretched end" did happen in 70 AD.

Now the Jewish nation are back, but still rejecting Jesus and they face the third swing of the Sword, Ezekiel 21:14, their final punishment: Isaiah 6:11-13, and only a remnant will survive. Romans 9:27

The entire leadership of the early Christian Church and most of the Elders in the churches were Jewish. They became Christians who stopped keeping the Sabbath and abandoned the Mosaic system of Judaism. They began worshipping God on their seventh day of the working week, the Lord's day. Colossians 2:16-17

Jesus was a Jew, but most Jews rejected Him as the Messiah. then and now. Salvation is now open to both Jew and Gentile equally. Everyone must believe, repent, confess Jesus as Lord and be baptized for the remission of their sins. There is only one way to get saved!
Jews have no special route to heaven that Gentiles do not have. They all must believe and become true Christian believers to be saved.

Paul always began his evangelism in a new city by preaching in the Jewish synagogues. When the Jews rejected the gospel, he turned to the gentiles: But when the Jews saw the crowds, they were filled with jealousy and began contradicting the things spoken by Paul, and were blaspheming. Paul and Barnabas spoke out boldly and said: It was necessary that the word of God be spoken to you first; but since you Jews repudiate it and judge yourselves unworthy of eternal life, behold, we are turning to the Gentiles. Acts 13:45-46

1 Peter 2:7-10 So for you who have faith, the Cornerstone [Jesus] is of great value, but for the faithless it is a stone they trip over. They trip and fall because they refuse to believe the Word and this is the fate appointed for them.
But you Christians are now the chosen race, a royal priesthood, a dedicated people, a nation claimed by God for His own. We are called out of darkness into His glorious Light. Once Christians were not a people, now you are God’s people…..
Notice that the; you are a chosen, holy nation of priests, that was originally applied to ethnic Israel at the foot of Mt. Sinai: Exodus 19:6, is now applied to Christians to the exclusion of ethnic Israel, unless they too, become Christian.

The fate appointed for them:
Jeremiah 12:14 has the clearest prophecy of God’s intentions for the apostate Jewish State of Israel.: …I shall uproot the evil neighbors from My Land and also Judah as well. But if they learn the ways of My [Christian] people, then; their families can join My people there.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟92,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The Parable of the Landowner: Ethnic Israel is rejected and the true Israelites is now the Church, every faithful Christian:

Matthew 21:33-46 Listen to another parable. There was a landowner who planted a vineyard and put a wall around it, built a watchtower and rented it out to vine-growers then went on a journey. When the harvest time approached, he sent his slaves to the vine-growers to receive his produce. The vine-growers took his slaves and beat one, and killed another, and stoned a third. Again he sent another group of slaves larger than the first; and they did the same thing to them. But afterward he sent his son to them, saying, 'They will respect my son.' But when the vine-growers saw the son, they said among themselves, 'This is the heir; come, let us kill him and seize his inheritance.' They took him, and threw him out of the vineyard and killed him. Therefore when the owner of the vineyard comes, what will he do to those vine-growers? They said to Him, "He will bring those wretches to a wretched end, and will rent out the vineyard to other vine-growers who will pay him the proceeds at the proper seasons. Jesus said to them: Did you never read in the Scriptures; The Stone that the builders rejected has become the cornerstone. This is the Lord’s doing and it is amazing to us.

Therefore I say to you, the Kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people, who will produce the fruit of it. And he who falls on this stone will be broken to pieces; but on whomever it falls, it will scatter him like dust. When the chief priests and the Pharisees heard His parables, they understood that He was speaking about them. When they sought to seize Him, they feared the people, because they considered Him to be a prophet.

In this perfectly clear parable, paralleled by Isaiah 5:1-7, Jesus prophesied that the Jews, as a nation, were going to be replaced by something new; faithful Christians who do what they can to spread the Gospel and who fulfill their appointed tasks.
"He will bring those wretches to a wretched end" did happen in 70 AD.

Now the Jewish nation are back, but still rejecting Jesus and they face the third swing of the Sword, Ezekiel 21:14, their final punishment: Isaiah 6:11-13, and only a remnant will survive. Romans 9:27

The entire leadership of the early Christian Church and most of the Elders in the churches were Jewish. They became Christians who stopped keeping the Sabbath and abandoned the Mosaic system of Judaism. They began worshipping God on their seventh day of the working week, the Lord's day. Colossians 2:16-17

Jesus was a Jew, but most Jews rejected Him as the Messiah. then and now. Salvation is now open to both Jew and Gentile equally. Everyone must believe, repent, confess Jesus as Lord and be baptized for the remission of their sins. There is only one way to get saved!
Jews have no special route to heaven that Gentiles do not have. They all must believe and become true Christian believers to be saved.

Paul always began his evangelism in a new city by preaching in the Jewish synagogues. When the Jews rejected the gospel, he turned to the gentiles: But when the Jews saw the crowds, they were filled with jealousy and began contradicting the things spoken by Paul, and were blaspheming. Paul and Barnabas spoke out boldly and said: It was necessary that the word of God be spoken to you first; but since you Jews repudiate it and judge yourselves unworthy of eternal life, behold, we are turning to the Gentiles. Acts 13:45-46

1 Peter 2:7-10 So for you who have faith, the Cornerstone [Jesus] is of great value, but for the faithless it is a stone they trip over. They trip and fall because they refuse to believe the Word and this is the fate appointed for them.
But you Christians are now the chosen race, a royal priesthood, a dedicated people, a nation claimed by God for His own. We are called out of darkness into His glorious Light. Once Christians were not a people, now you are God’s people…..
Notice that the; you are a chosen, holy nation of priests, that was originally applied to ethnic Israel at the foot of Mt. Sinai: Exodus 19:6, is now applied to Christians to the exclusion of ethnic Israel, unless they too, become Christian.

The fate appointed for them:
Jeremiah 12:14 has the clearest prophecy of God’s intentions for the apostate Jewish State of Israel.: …I shall uproot the evil neighbors from My Land and also Judah as well. But if they learn the ways of My [Christian] people, then; their families can join My people there.
Yet Romans 9-11 refutes you, without effort when read by honest exegesis.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟296,066.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Yet Romans 9-11 refutes you, without effort when read by honest exegesis.
Romans 11:7-8 What Israel [the Jews] sought, they have not attained, just the chosen few. The rest He hardened....with blind eyes and deaf ears. as it is to this day.
The Jews are broken off from the Tree of Life and only by becoming Christian can each individual be grafted back again. Romans 11:23, Jeremiah 12:14
All Israel shall be saved......Romans 11:26 refers to Jacob, to all of the 12 tribes and cannot mean anyone who rejects Jesus. It must mean only those who by their faith and works are part of the 'tree' that is Jesus.
The sorting out of who shall be saved and who will fail, is seen in 1 Corinthians 3:12-15 ....the Day of Judgment, which dawns in fire, will test the faith and works of everyone...... 1 Peter 4:12

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟92,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Romans 11:7-8 What Israel [the Jews] sought, they have not attained, just the chosen few. The rest He hardened....with blind eyes and deaf ears. as it is to this day.
The Jews are broken off from the Tree of Life and only by becoming Christian can each individual be grafted back again. Romans 11:23, Jeremiah 12:14
All Israel shall be saved......Romans 11:26 refers to Jacob, to all of the 12 tribes and cannot mean anyone who rejects Jesus. It must mean only those who by their faith and works are part of the 'tree' that is Jesus.
The sorting out of who shall be saved and who will fail, is seen in 1 Corinthians 3:12-15 ....the Day of Judgment, which dawns in fire, will test the faith and works of everyone...... 1 Peter 4:12
You skipped a few verses, Chief.

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟296,066.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
You skipped a few verses, Chief.
So?
My point is that the common belief of a general Jewish redemption is false teaching. It is not what the Prophets tell us.
The pre trib rapture believers have to have the Jews here and going thru the Great Trib, while they sit in heaven. A more unbelievable scenario is hard to imagine. Paul never says the Jews will all convert to Christianity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟92,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
So?
My point is that the common belief of a general Jewish redemption is false teaching. It is not what the Prophets tell us.
The pre trib rapture believers have to have the Jews here and going thru the Great Trib, while they sit in heaven. A more unbelievable scenario is hard to imagine. Paul never says the Jews will all convert to Christianity.

Best to ignore this reply and just let it get lost in thread history.

So, my point remains that proper exegesis, as it flows from the apostles literary and Spirit Driven intention, of Romans 9-11, makes it theologically impossible for you to assert what you assert.

Verse for verse, from the beginning of Romans 9 to the end of 11, when simply cross referenced with ALL scripture, tells a story that you just… don’t … want… to … hear.

You have eyes, but you can’t see it. You have ears, but you refuse to hear it. You have a heart, but you harden it against the natural flow of the God inspired text. Why?!?

Because you have immersed yourself into chasing Western centric translation of Eastern scripture… to the point you have volumes of books penned by your own hand that you are very proud of. You have created something VERY important to yourself, that you abide within.

It’s not a salvation issue, but it shows that you may have forgotten to look at the very character trait that God cited was found within Daniel, that impressed Him to reveal His most complex prophecy, to Daniel.

Tell me that character trait and the verse it is found in… and I won’t wipe my feet off, on the matter.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟296,066.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Try these scriptures for a fit with your beliefs:

Ezekiel 21:1-7 This is the Word of the Lord: Face toward Jerusalem and prophesy against the Land of Israel. Say to that Land: I am against you, I shall draw My sword and make away with both righteous and wicked among you. I intend to destroy both good and evil people, from the Negev, [Southern Israel] Northward, all will know that it is the Lord who has acted. All courage will fail on that Day, it is coming, it will surely take place.
This will be the Day of the Lord’s vengeance and wrath. There has not been any previous event, as described, in Israel. Ezekiel 20:47-48, Isaiah 22:14, Jeremiah 21:14.

The righteous and wicked alike will be killed’. Jeremiah 10:18, Amos 2:4-5
It will surely happen: the next prophesied event, which will clear the entire Middle East, thus enabling His people, true Christian Israelites, to gather in and live in all of the holy Land. Psalms 83, Revelation 6:12-17, Isaiah 2:12-22, Joel 2:1-11.

Ezekiel 21:8-13 Prophesy: A sword is sharpened and polished, ready to kill. Should we respect the sceptre of Judah? No, the sword despises it. The sword of destruction is ready for the hand of the slaughterer. Cry aloud and lament, for testing will surely come upon My people and on all Israel’s leaders who are given over to be slain with My people. Mourn and wail, for what if the sceptre of Judah does not continue?
The people currently occupying all of the Holy Land will be killed or displaced. Lament, for My people [Judah] too, will be slain. Jeremiah 12:14, Ezekiel 16:35-41, Isaiah 22:14

Ezekiel 21:14-17 Prophesy: Strike your hands together, swing the sword three times. It is the instrument of slaughter, whirling around. Their courage will fail and many will stumble and fall. Lightning flashes left and right – blocking all escape routes, terrible will be the slaughter. Then, I too, will strike My hands together, My wrath will subside. I, the Lord have spoken.

Swing the sword three times” Refers to the judgement and dispersion of Judah. 1/ Babylon. 2/ Rome. 3/ to come. Zechariah 13:7-9, Jeremiah 19:11, Matthew 21:41, Luke 19:27. Is the third ‘swing of the sword’, the Holocaust? No, because that was just the worst of many pogroms and massacres of the Jews since 70-135 AD.

Ezekiel 21:18-24 This is a fulfilled prophecy of how God led Babylon to attack and destroy Jerusalem. The House of Judah were taken into captivity in 586 BCE, because of their sins. 2 Kings 23:27.

Ezekiel 21:25-27 And you, you impious and wicked ruler of Israel [King Zedekiah of Judah. 2 Kings 25:6] your fate has come upon you. Off with your crown, it will not be as it was, the lowly will be exalted and the exalted, brought low. I will overturn, overturn, overturn it, until He comes – who is the rightful ruler, I shall install Him.
King Zedekiah was blinded and his sons killed, then imprisoned in Babylon. That is the exalted are brought low. Then, the lowly raised – these are the kings daughters, taken to Ireland [Hibernia = Hebrews Land] by Jeremiah. Princess Tea Tephi married King Herremon of Ireland. Their royal line was ‘overturned‘- to Scotland, then ‘overturned’- to England, now the British [Brit = covenant: ish = people] royal line now holds the sceptre, next to hand it to King Jesus. 2 Samuel 7:16.

Ezekiel 21:28-32 Prophesy to the Ammonites.......you will be fuel for the fire, remembered no more. = Modern Jordan, “still living in the place of their origin “. ‘Their beliefs are a lie and for their insults against Israel’. Deuteronomy 32:41-43, Jeremiah 12:14, Amos 1:13-15.
Ref: REB, NIV. Verses abridged

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Paul never says the Jews will all convert to Christianity.
Whosoever is willing will be saved.

• John 3:16 (NIV): “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.”
  • Romans 10:13 (NIV): “For everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.”

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟296,066.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Whosoever is willing will be saved.
Unfortunately, the Jews were not willing - Matthew 23:37 and they remain unwilling after 2000 years of grace.
Their fate is decreed; Isaiah 22:14

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Unfortunately, the Jews were not willing - Matthew 23:37 and they remain unwilling after 2000 years of grace.
Their fate is decreed; Isaiah 22:14
I do not understand the whole thing. God created us, so why would He create people that reject Him? I know they say it is because he wants us to freely love Him and all of that. But still, I do not understand why God would created a world that is in rebellion against their Creator. It just simply does not make any sense.

What is even more difficult to understand is how He takes a situation that is clearly a mess and causes all things to work together for good. Because we are told God is good all the time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟296,066.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
I do not understand the whole thing. God created us, so why would He create people that reject Him? I know they say it is because he wants us to freely love Him and all of that. But still, I do not understand why God would created a world that is in rebellion against their Creator. It just simply does not make any sense.

What is even more difficult to understand is how He takes a situation that is clearly a mess and causes all things to work together for good. Because we are told God is good all the time.
What is Gods Plan for mankind?
Basically, my understanding is He wants a people who have freely chosen to believe in Him and keep His Commandments. to be His Witnesses in the final trial of Satan. Who was Gods top angel in heaven, but who aspired to be like God. Ezekiel 28:11-15
God can only get those faithful people by giving everyone free choice; do good and stand firm in your faith thru whatever happens, or do your own desires and follow the wide path to destruction.
God is playing a universe sized Game of Thrones and we are in the set, but with the ability to make our own choices.
Choose His way and receive Eternal life. Choose Satans way and be annihilated, along with Death [Satan] Revelation 20:14-15

Upvote 0

Diamond7

Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,263.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
What is Gods Plan for mankind?
This is in the first letter in the Bible. God wants to become a part of His creation. That is why we need to be Holy because He is Holy. Through Jesus and Calvary the veil is torn or removed so we now have access to God. Jesus is the door or gate keeper to decide who has access to God. On passover you put the blood of the Lamb on the doorpost and the death angel will pass over your house.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟92,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
"Israel has no place in closing events"

Paul Disagrees...

Acts 1:6-7 Again... Acts 1:10-12

Blessings

Romans 11:25 So that you will not be conceited, brothers,
Israel, National Israel, that is not Grafted into the Body of Christ, because of its Unbelief and Broken off as discussed in the same exact chapter of Romans 11, earlier... which Paul has explicitly asked those Grafted into the BOC by faith not to be arrogant or conceited towards...

I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery:
Paul is about to dispense secret knowledge that is to be used in final battle strategy against Satan's empire...

Mystery / Musterion Greek Lexicon
Thayer's Greek Lexicon:

́mustērion

1) hidden thing, secret, mystery

1a) generally mysteries, religious secrets, confided only to the initiated and not to ordinary mortals

1b) a hidden or secret thing, not obvious to the understanding

1c) a hidden purpose or counsel

1c1) secret will

1c1a) of men

1c1b) of God: the secret counsels which govern God in dealing with the righteous, which are hidden from ungodly and wicked men but plain to the godly

2) in rabbinic writings, it denotes the mystic or hidden sense

2a) of an OT saying

2b) of an image or form seen in a vision

2c) of a dream

A partial hardening has come to Israel until the full number of the Gentiles has come in.
Not all of Israel rejected Messiah and they are thus grafted into the BOC. However, Israel that has rejected Messiah, is broken off from the BOC, due to that Hardening... and they will remain hardened, "Until the full number of Gentiles has come in." (Luke 21:24)

26 And in this way all Israel will be saved, as it is written:
Part of Israel is now absorbed or grafted into the BOC, yet the remaining Unbelieving Jews of Israel, Literal descendants of Jacob that reject Jesus will be joined into the BOC per the timing mentioned in verse 25 and (Luke 21:24)

The Liberator will come from Zion;;
(Acts 1:6-7)(Matthew 24:30-39)
Zechariah 14 A day of the Lord is coming when your plunder will be divided in your presence. 2 I will gather all the nations against Jerusalem for battle. The city will be captured, the houses looted, and the women raped. Half the city will go into exile, but the rest of the people will not be removed from the city.

3 Then the Lord will go out to fight against those nations as He fights on a day of battle. 4 On that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives,(Acts 1:9-12) which faces Jerusalem on the east. The Mount of Olives will be split in half from east to west, forming a huge valley, so that half the mountain will move to the north and half to the south.
He will turn away godlessness from Jacob.
This is LITERAL ISRAEL by BLOOD AND LAND ENTITLMENT! Jacob is the KEY TO MAKING THIS ASSERTION Bullet Proof, which IT IS, thanks to ALL SCRIPTURE!

Joel 3
Joel 3 [a]Yes, in those days and at that time,
when I restore the fortunes of Judah and Jerusalem,
2 I will gather all the nations
and take them to the Valley of Jehoshapha
t.[b] Revelation 11:18
I will enter into judgment with them there
because of My people, My inheritance Israel.
The nations have scattered the Israelites
in foreign countries
and divided up My land.

3 They cast lots for My people;
they bartered a boy for a prostitute
and sold a girl for wine to drink.
4 And also: Tyre, Sidon, and all the territories of Philistia—what are you to Me? Are you paying Me back or trying to get even with Me? I will quickly bring retribution on your heads. 5 For you took My silver and gold and carried My finest treasures to your temples. 6 You sold the people of Judah and Jerusalem to the Greeks to remove them far from their own territory. 7 Look, I am about to rouse them up from the place where you sold them; I will bring retribution on your heads. 8 I will sell your sons and daughters into the hands of the people of Judah, and they will sell them to the Sabeans,[c] to a distant nation, for the Lord has spoken.

9 Proclaim this among the nations:
Prepare for holy war;
rouse the warriors;
let all the men of war advance and attack!
10 Beat your plows into swords
and your pruning knives into spears.
Let even the weakling say, “I am a warrior.”
11 Come quickly,[d] all you surrounding nations;
gather yourselves.
Bring down Your warriors there, Lord.
12 Let the nations be roused
and come to the Valley of Jehoshaphat,
for there I will sit down
to judge all the surrounding nations.
13 Swing the sickle
because the harvest is ripe.
Come and trample the grapes
because the winepress is full;
the wine vats overflow
because the wickedness of the nations is great.
14 Multitudes, multitudes
in the valley of decision!
For the Day of the Lord is near
in the valley of decision.
15 The sun and moon will grow dark, Luke 21:25-36 / Matthew 24:29 / Revelation 6:12-13
and the stars will cease their shining.
16 The Lord will roar from Zion
and raise His voice from Jerusalem;
heaven and earth will shake.
But the Lord will be a refuge for His people,
a stronghold for the Israelites

More Exegesis to come.....

27 And this will be My covenant with them[m]
when I take away their sins.[n]

This "Covenant/Promise" is towards Hardened Jews that Rejected Jesus. How can I be sure? Because the lead in verses and the following verses cannot be taken any other way! This is why Western Eschatologists would have this portion of scripture ripped out, if they could. This single chapter of Romans, undercuts 99 percent of all Western Eschatology. If Western Centric Eschatology was a tree, this single chapter of scripture rips up that tree by it's very "Roots" (Romans 11 Joke).

28 Regarding the gospel, they are enemies for your advantage,
Are members of the Body of Christ "Enemies of the Gospel"? It is to our advantage that we are not "Under the Book of the Law". But, it seems God has a purpose for those that are Under the Law (Jews that hold to Judaism).

but regarding election, they are loved because of the patriarchs,
Who is the Anti-Christ going to try to deceive more than anyone one else? Matthew 24:24 .... "If it were possible" This is where this chapter of the Bible becomes an INSTANT contention. There is a MASSIVE branch of SAVED (I said it, because biblically it is true) Christianity that has gone to GREAT theological effort, to claim that THE BODY OF CHRIST is THE ELECT. If this weren't biblically true, 80 percent of their Theological commentaries would be no better than kindling. So, whenever this topic is broached, this particular branch of theologians show up to poo poo all over this Chapter, because it exposes their itsy bitsy teenie weenie Theological BOO BOO. The Elect are Loved BECAUSE OF THE PATRIARCHS. That doesn't sound like the doctrine of Limited Atonement or the doctrine of Election. We don't claim the BLOOD OF THE PATRIARCHS. Hmmmm... Where is an example of a Patriarch saying something about this, in scripture? (Exodus 32:32) We even have an Apostle Echo Moses (Romans 9:3). If only that Apostles statement were close to this Chapter 11 within Romans so that we could verify this key theological point! Oh well, same book, same theological literary flow, but a massive 2 manmade inserted Chapter divisions away from this point. IF ONLY! Sigh

29 since God’s gracious gifts and calling are irrevocable.[o]
Why would God make "irrevocable" Gifts and Calling towards disobedient people? Exodus 34:6-7 Yeah, BUT, that's only one verse and we can say that is about the BOC, even if when read in context it is towards Literal Stiff Necked Israel. (What do two Tenons have to do with this?) Malachi 3:6 and again Hosea 13:14 (But Grip, Hs 13:14 is about Jesus dying for the BOC) Is it though? Hosea is literally about harlot ISRAEL, Unbelieving, Messiah Rejecting, Cheating on their Bride Groom (Matthew 19:1-12)(Matthew 16:4)(Cross References for Matthew 16:4)

30 As you once disobeyed God, but now have received mercy through their disobedience,
So, because of the Book of the Law, Gentiles once stood CONDEMNED. However, because of the very work that Jesus accomplished that removed the book of the Law from the Salvational equation, and placed those that bind to the book of the Law in "Current Disobedience", as they cling to their works of the Law, these Hardened Jews, instead of JESUS, which would bring them back into OBEDIENCE (John 6:29).

Who's the "As YOU once disobeyed" you? GENTILES Who is the their (through THEIR disobedience) Unbelieving JEWS/Israel

31 so they too have now disobeyed, resulting in mercy to you, so that they also now[p] may receive mercy.
They, the Jews, are NOW in disobedience, which is the very Obedience (John 6:29) that brings us MERCY and them bound to "Disobedience".

Once Gentiles were removed from God as the Jews were able to be grasped by God and in the presence of God (Exodus 33:9 Ex 33:9 Cross Referenced), as now Unbelieving Jews are removed from God as Gentiles can now approach God through the very Son of God, God the Son (Hebrews 4:16) and have the very Presence of God within us (John 14:23 John 14:23 Cross Referenced)... and within this Mysterious framework that Paul is laying out, through Jesus Christ, beyond our CURRENT understanding, OR ELSE IT WOULDN'T be a MYSTERY to us, that involves a time AFTER THE FULLNESS OF THE GENTILES (Romans 11:25) Note, this Mystery occurs AFTER THE FULLNESS!

32 For God has imprisoned all in disobedience, so that He may have mercy on all.
We are all imprisoned within DISOBEDIENCE (Galatians 3:22 in reference to the Book of the Law Deuteronomy 10-Deuteronomy 31:26).... Israel isn't under the Authority of Jesus, YET! The BOC isn't grafted within ISRAEL, YET, because we are GRAFTED within JESUS, who HASN"T Joined Himself to LITERAL ISRAEL, YET! The final Grafting occurs at a SPECIAL DAY OF THE LORD (Romans 11:25)... therefore.... the Mercy that the Gentiles didn't expect, will at an appointed time be offered to those Loved because of the Patriarchs, IE THEIR BLOODLINE.

A Hymn of Praise

33 Oh, the depth of the riches
both of the wisdom and the knowledge of God!
How unsearchable His judgments
and untraceable His ways!

Surprise, We Don't Comprehend God's depth of just how Merciful and Amazing He really is, try as hard as we may!

34 For who has known the mind of the Lord?
Or who has been His counselor?
35 Or who has ever first given to Him,
and has to be repaid?[q]
36 For from Him and through Him
and to Him are all things.
To Him be the glory forever. Amen.
We are forgiven Debtors! God has no Debt to ANYONE! Who are we to say who God can and cannot forgive?

Upvote 0

keras

Feb 7, 2013
Thames, New Zealand
Visit site
✟296,066.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
"Israel has no place in closing events"

Paul Disagrees...
True believers are the Israel of God:

Many ask, Who are God's chosen people in the earth today? Who are His elect? Are they of the natural seed of the children of Israel? Are they the "Jews" according to their ethnic lineage? Or are God's chosen people now the Christian believers of Jesus Christ?

It is commonly believed that the church must be raptured into heaven so that God can renew His separate program with the natural Jew. But is this truth? Is He going to redeem them in their present state, then remarry them?

Will the O.T. Law: the Mosaic Covenant which was only temporary, Hebrews 7:12 & 8:l3, be able to somehow in the future, disannul the Abrahamic covenant, of which the church is now the only partaker through the Seed of Abraham: Jesus Christ?

It has been well said, that the Old Testament is the New Testament concealed, and the New Testament is the Old Testament revealed. The whole Bible teaches only ONE acceptable seed, ONE family, ONE all-encompassing covenant, only ONE Israelite people as the true Covenant "children of the living God." Romans 9:26, Eph. 4:4-6

The New Covenant promised seed has been sown and is risen to replace the Old Covenant chosen seed and its unfruitful, ineffective, but once necessary life has passed out of God's plan, just as surely as have works of the Old Testament Law.

Ancient Israel, is a type of the "first man Adam, the old man": the natural body. Whereas the new Israel of Christianity is of the "last Adam, the new creation", a spiritual body.

The firstborn was Jacob, typifying Israel of the flesh- Ex.4:22; Hos.11:1. The second born: Jesus, was of the Spirit, 1 Cor.12:12-14. In Genesis 25:23 we also see two nations, a natural ethnic Israel and a spiritual true; Israel of God.

Israel of old was chosen as the firstfruits nation of the fallen Adamic seed to receive and carry the revelation of the creative, redemptive, promises of God Almighty. Isaiah 43:10; Romans 3:2 It was revealed to them long ago: I the Lord am holy and have severed you from other people, that ye should be mine. Leviticus 20:26

God later divorced ethnic Israel on the grounds of whoring after idols. Jer. 3:1-11 and will marry another woman: the true Christian believers. Matt. 21:43, Isaiah 62:1-5

The faithful and obedient children in the true "Israel of God" are being prepared and made ready, Revelation 19:7…prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
In perfect holy union, the bride, the Lamb's wife, shall be called "the holy people, the redeemed of the Lord”. 1 Peter 2:9-10, Revelation 5:9-10

False teaching is that God's chosen are still the natural Jew and that everything for us as a Christian is in heaven; that Jesus has to hurry up and rapture us out of the earth so that He can renew His program and make another covenant with the chosen Jewish nation. But, the truth of Bible teaching is that Christian believers are His only chosen and that only through Abrahams Seed, the true Christian Church, shall all the families of the earth he blessed, then we had better stop and re-evaluate this issue. The serious mistake for far too long, has been--that much of the Bible's truth concerning Israel is part of another Covenant and for another day or another people.

Friends, that is actually "another gospel." Galatians 1:8-9 Ref; Ross McKay

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟92,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
True believers are the Israel of God:

Many ask, Who are God's chosen people in the earth today? Who are His elect? Are they of the natural seed of the children of Israel? Are they the "Jews" according to their ethnic lineage? Or are God's chosen people now the Christian believers of Jesus Christ?

It is commonly believed that the church must be raptured into heaven so that God can renew His separate program with the natural Jew. But is this truth? Is He going to redeem them in their present state, then remarry them?

Will the O.T. Law: the Mosaic Covenant which was only temporary, Hebrews 7:12 & 8:l3, be able to somehow in the future, disannul the Abrahamic covenant, of which the church is now the only partaker through the Seed of Abraham: Jesus Christ?

It has been well said, that the Old Testament is the New Testament concealed, and the New Testament is the Old Testament revealed. The whole Bible teaches only ONE acceptable seed, ONE family, ONE all-encompassing covenant, only ONE Israelite people as the true Covenant "children of the living God." Romans 9:26, Eph. 4:4-6

The New Covenant promised seed has been sown and is risen to replace the Old Covenant chosen seed and its unfruitful, ineffective, but once necessary life has passed out of God's plan, just as surely as have works of the Old Testament Law.

Ancient Israel, is a type of the "first man Adam, the old man": the natural body. Whereas the new Israel of Christianity is of the "last Adam, the new creation", a spiritual body.

The firstborn was Jacob, typifying Israel of the flesh- Ex.4:22; Hos.11:1. The second born: Jesus, was of the Spirit, 1 Cor.12:12-14. In Genesis 25:23 we also see two nations, a natural ethnic Israel and a spiritual true; Israel of God.

Israel of old was chosen as the firstfruits nation of the fallen Adamic seed to receive and carry the revelation of the creative, redemptive, promises of God Almighty. Isaiah 43:10; Romans 3:2 It was revealed to them long ago: I the Lord am holy and have severed you from other people, that ye should be mine. Leviticus 20:26

God later divorced ethnic Israel on the grounds of whoring after idols. Jer. 3:1-11 and will marry another woman: the true Christian believers. Matt. 21:43, Isaiah 62:1-5

The faithful and obedient children in the true "Israel of God" are being prepared and made ready, Revelation 19:7…prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
In perfect holy union, the bride, the Lamb's wife, shall be called "the holy people, the redeemed of the Lord”. 1 Peter 2:9-10, Revelation 5:9-10

False teaching is that God's chosen are still the natural Jew and that everything for us as a Christian is in heaven; that Jesus has to hurry up and rapture us out of the earth so that He can renew His program and make another covenant with the chosen Jewish nation. But, the truth of Bible teaching is that Christian believers are His only chosen and that only through Abrahams Seed, the true Christian Church, shall all the families of the earth he blessed, then we had better stop and re-evaluate this issue. The serious mistake for far too long, has been--that much of the Bible's truth concerning Israel is part of another Covenant and for another day or another people.

Friends, that is actually "another gospel." Galatians 1:8-9 Ref; Ross McKay
So, I'm Anathema, PREACHING ANOTHER GOSPEL, because I Exegete the man that said, no other Gospel's... and it disagrees with your lengthy books of Eschatological assumptions?

Isn't it interesting that you didn't attempt to break the scriptural chain that I wove from scripture, that flows VERSE TO VERSE, within Romans 11?

You, instead hop all over the place with a scripture wall you have generated, long ago and hung all of your eschatology, upon.

Interesting

Upvote 0