Is it odd how many Christians post that eternal security with Jesus isn't true?

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Oh, I get it.
Tell me... who is it who right now tells me that he has "God's Word The Final Authority The Only Real Authority"?
You don't get it yet.
God says His Word is the Authority. Take it to God if you don't like it, not me or some other man.
Your only hope to "get it" is the same as anyone else's hope - in God Only, through Jesus.
If you
can't read english, IF you can't read the BIBLE, HIS WORD, then you can still call on HIM HIMSELF. HE is the only one who can help.
And until you do, because no one else has the words of eternal life and hope and salvation,
then no one on earth nor above earth can help.

Upvote 0

keith99

sola dosis facit venenum
Jan 16, 2008
✟325,349.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Christians have different beliefs.

Eternal Security is not a doctrine of Eastern Orthodox, Roman Catholics, Lutherans, or Methodists.

The only churches that teach eternal security as an important doctrine are certain Baptist groups in the US. This is typically called "Once Saved, Always Saved".

And often that becomes say the prayer and then it is a done deal.

Disputing that version of eternal security is often defending a more sound version.

Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟250,665.00
Faith
Atheist
You don't get it yet.
God says His Word is the Authority. Take it to God if you don't like it, not me or some other man.
I tried. God is oddly silent... it is almost as if he didn't exist.

All I get is you and people like you telling me that this book they have is "God's Word". And all these people also quite vehemently deny that other other people who make this same claim about their God and their book "get it".

Your only hope to "get it" is the same as anyone else's hope - in God Only, through Jesus.
If you
can't read english, IF you can't read the BIBLE, HIS WORD, then you can still call on HIM HIMSELF. HE is the only one who can help.
English? Perhaps even King James English, the language that Jesus himself spoke? Sorry, that was funny.

But seriously, bear with me.

Obviously, there are people out there who read the BIBLE, HIS WORD, who do call on "HIM HIMSELF"... and, according to you, get it wrong. They are convinced that they have the real interpretation, and your's is wrong.

So even if I "call on HIM HIMSELF", and even if I think I get an answer, I can get it wrong.
Isn't it a good and noble idea to find some way of verification outside of your own mind?

So I am asking you (and people like you). I am asking for verification, in a way that I can be sure that I have found a source of truth that definitly is not my own fallible mind.

And all I ever get are excuses! Why? If HE is the only one who can help... why doesn't he help you to help me? Every man for himself?

And until you do, because no one else has the words of eternal life and hope and salvation,
then no one on earth nor above earth can help.
Ok.

Wait.

Just a second.

I couldn't find my (german, who would have thought?) Bible right now, so I chose to ask HIM directly.

He told me that I am awesome, have the whole idea about figured out, I am saved and born again, Holy Books are overrated and I should definitly not trust you. Satisfied?

Reactions: bhsmte
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Isn't it a good and noble idea to find some way of verification outside of your own mind?
Yes.
I couldn't find my (german, who would have thought?) Bible right now, so I chose to ask HIM directly.
He told me that I am awesome, have the whole idea about figured out, I am saved and born again, Holy Books are overrated and I should definitly not trust you. Satisfied?
Now,
"outside of your own mind" go and check Scripture and see if this is true (what you have said).
Ask God to show you, IN HIS WORD. Not in your own mind.
Take your time - it may take 3 minutes, may take 3 weeks.

Upvote 0

Freodin

Devout believer in a theologically different God
Mar 9, 2002
Germany, Bavaria, Middle Franconia
Visit site
✟250,665.00
Faith
Atheist
Yes.

Now,
"outside of your own mind" go and check Scripture and see if this is true (what you have said).
Ask God to show you, IN HIS WORD. Not in your own mind.
Take your time - it may take 3 minutes, may take 3 weeks.
Sorry, pal, but you really don't get it.

I read the Bible. In English and in German. And it reads suspiciously like a book that humans wrote. So reading a book that humans wrote saying it is the "Word of God" isn't in any way more convincing than you telling me it is the "Word of God".

Have you read the Quran? It clearly states that it is the Word of God. The direct Word of God.

Now tell me why I should believe what the Bible says, but not what the Quran says.

Last edited:
Upvote 0