Kansas
✟1,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I spent the early part of my walk with the Lord in WOF churches and they used to teach that one could actually lose their salvation, but now I've noticed some of the big time WOF preachers are now teaching eternal security / OSAS

But then again many of these same preachers are involved in the ecumenical movement.

So does all WOF people now believe in eternal security or have the big name WOF preachers fallen away from God's Word since we are in the end times and the falling away is growing in leaps and bounds?

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟569,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Eternal security is a sticky one. There are solid arguments on both sides. However, I have noticed that not a few are leaning more toward the "security of the believer." If I recall, E. W. Kenyon leaned that way, too.
None that I know of go so far as "live like hell and still go to heaven." More like "you are more secure in your salvation then the lost are in their damnation." God is better at keeping His than the devil is at keeping his.
I seem to recall a Hagin vision that told of a woman who was saved, but she opted to go back into the world and the love of the world... she was lost because of it. I think it was in the "I Believe in Visions" book. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟569,106.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Eternal security is a sticky one. There are solid arguments on both sides. However, I have noticed that not a few are leaning more toward the "security of the believer." If I recall, E. W. Kenyon leaned that way, too.
None that I know of go so far as "live like hell and still go to heaven." More like "you are more secure in your salvation then the lost are in their damnation." God is better at keeping His than the devil is at keeping his.
I seem to recall a Hagin vision that told of a woman who was saved, but she opted to go back into the world and the love of the world... she was lost because of it. I think it was in the "I Believe in Visions" book. Someone correct me if I am wrong.
The story:
"
Now i will show you how these evil spirit get ahold of people when they are allowed to," suddenly in the vision i saw a woman. I immediately recognized her as being the former wife of a minister.

"This woman was a child of mine," the Lord said. "She was in the ministry with her husband. She was filled with the Holy Spirit, and the gift of the Spirit were operating in her life.

One day an evil spirit came to her and whisper in her ear, 'You are a beautiful woman. You could have had fame, popularity, and wealth, but you have been cheated in life by following in the Christian walk.'
the woman realized that this was an evil spirit and she said, "Get thee behind me, Satan.' the evil spirit left her for a period.

By and by thesame evil spirit returned. He sat on her shoulder spiritually, and whisper in her ear, 'You are a beautiful woman, but you have been robbed by taking this lowly walk of Christianity and living a separated life.'

Again she recognized this as Satan and said, 'Satan, i resist you in the name of Jesus,' and the evil spirit left her for a while.

"But the evil spirit came back again and sat on her shoulder, whispering thesame words to her. This time she began to entertain these thoughts, for she like to think she was beautiful. As she began to think along the lines the devil suggested to her, she became obsessed with that thinking."

Then in the vision I saw the woman become as transparent as glass, and i saw a black dot in her mind.
"That dot represent the fact that she is obsessed in her thinking with this evil spirit,"

The Lord said, "At first she was oppressed on the outside, but as she allowed the devil's suggestion to take ahold of her thoughts, her mind became obsessed. She wanted to think, 'i am a beautiful woman. I could have wealth and popularity, but i have been robbed in life.'

But still, it wasn't too late for her, she could have resisted the devil; she could have refused to think those thoughts.
Then the evil spirit would have fled from her, and she would have remained free. But she chosoe otherwise.

"Finally, she left her husband and went into the world, seeking the fame and wealth which the devil offered. She took up with one man after another. After a time that thing got down into her spirit."

In the vision i saw the black dot move from her head to her heart, and then the woman said, "i don't want the Lord anymore. Just leave me alone."

I said, "Lord, why are you showing this to me? Do you want me to pray for this woman? Do you want me to cast the devil out of her?"

"No, I don't want you to pray and cast the devil out of her,"
The Lord answered, "because you couldn't anyway.
She wants that evil spirit, and as long as she wants it, she can have it.""

Upvote 0

RocK Guy

Apr 4, 2024
Kansas
✟1,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There are solid arguments on both sides.

Not when one accepts the whole counsel of God.

To hold the eternal security position one has to hold on to a few happy verses and then ignore or explain away the rest of the Word of God. There are warnings through out God's Word that easily prove osas is not true.

When a preacher tells people it's not possible for one to lose their salvation then it leads to lasciviousness as this is changing God's grace from what God's Word says God's grace is:

Titus 2:11,12
For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,
Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

Concerning word of faith teaching, if one is playing around with sin they certainly are not walking in faith!

They used to teach this, but I guess the good WOF teachers are all gone.

Upvote 0

RocK Guy

Apr 4, 2024
Kansas
✟1,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
"No, I don't want you to pray and cast the devil out of her,"
The Lord answered, "because you couldn't anyway.
She wants that evil spirit, and as long as she wants it, she can have it.""

Yep, I've run across a lot of people like this and a lot of them claim to be Christians too.

Upvote 0