Is It a Sin to Dye Your Hair? Can You Go to Heaven With Dyed Hair?

ladybuelah

Jul 22, 2006
London, England
✟8,892.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
No it's not a sin :D
But I can understand why people would think it is if they are caught up in legalism and religion. The best answer I can give you is go with your peace. If you don't feel you are dishonoring God by dying your hair then don't worry about it.

Upvote 0

sparklingdust

Dec 6, 2012
US of A... for now
Visit site
✟7,653.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
No, it is not a sin to color your hair...
It is important, however, to check your motives for such a change. I personally know people who dye their hair in order to feel like they "belong" or to feel good about themselves. These are not good reasons to dye your hair. If these are the issues, then there is a lot more to change than just the color of your hair.
Also, in a time like this, it's important to keep your priorities in line. Personally, I tend to feel a little bit wasteful of my money if I go to a salon every couple of weeks/month to get it recolored. Which is why I buy color from the store when I need my hair dyed - its cheaper AND it makes for a great bonding time if another person helps you! lol :) hope this helped.

Upvote 0

HCrossth2012

Jan 11, 2012
✟16,572.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Peace to you.

To me it is a Sin. I use to dye my hair all sort of colours.
Cutting to follow a fashion trend also is Sin to me.
But to cut it cause I nearly sit on it and just little trim. To me it's ok.
And why are people so quit to say No..aha cause bible does not say. But it kinda says. I have heard also some say yes it is sin to dyeing hair and some say no.
But what about NT saying you cannot change your hair black or white, as statement of Jesus. As In saying it is impossible for us to do that, but is it possible now? Yes. Would I do it No. There are other meanings in those words as well, but for me i also take that is literally as well.
But that is me. We were taken out of the world why would I want to look like the world. And If I would colour now I would feel like I am offending God by saying with my deeds, I know what's better for me and your hair colour that you choose for me isn't.

Peace

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

If Not For Grace

Legend-but then so's Keith Richards
Feb 4, 2005
Curtis Loew's House w/Kid Rock & Hank III
Visit site
✟46,998.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Peace to you.

To me it is a Sin. I use to dye my hair all sort of colours.
Cutting to follow a fashion trend also is Sin to me.
But to cut it cause I nearly sit on it and just little trim. To me it's ok.
And why are people so quit to say No..aha cause bible does not say. But it kinda says. I have heard also some say yes it is sin to dyeing hair and some say no.
But what about NT saying you cannot change your hair black or white, as statement of Jesus. As In saying it is impossible for us to do that, but is it possible now? Yes. Would I do it No. There are other meanings in those words as well, but for me i also take that is literally as well.
But that is me. We were taken out of the world why would I want to look like the world. And If I would colour now I would feel like I am offending God by saying with my deeds, I know what's better for me and your hair colour that you choose for me isn't.

Peace

If you take that verse literaly-to me that would indicate Jesus to be liar because "we can" change hair color...By your account following a fashion trend would be a sin, wearing Nike's, carrying spiffy cell phones, or wearing any deisgner clothes would be sinful and all modles then would have to be headed for hell fire right? Following Sporting events then would also be following an entertainment trend...right? That would make going to football, basketball or church softball a sin, right? :doh:

I'm glad my beliefs don't go in that direction otherwise I'd have to think of Jesus hanging on a cross because of me wearing Calvin Klein. Aren't they pretty? :D
images

Upvote 0
Nov 7, 2012
✟8,009.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you take that verse literaly-to me that would indicate Jesus to be liar because "we can" change hair color...By your account following a fashion trend would be a sin, wearing Nike's, carrying spiffy cell phones, or wearing any deisgner clothes would be sinful and all modles then would have to be headed for hell fire right? Following Sporting events then would also be following an entertainment trend...right? That would make going to football, basketball or church softball a sin, right? :doh:

I'm glad my beliefs don't go in that direction otherwise I'd have to think of Jesus hanging on a cross because of me wearing Calvin Klein. Aren't they pretty? :D
images

Lol... very pretty!! You made my day!! I think it's a sin that my grey's are showing just weeks after coloring them, sigh! The color was supposed to last till Christmas!! I think God thinks we're silly for worrying about all these crazy little things. Let's just worship God everyone!!

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟381,819.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
"Cannot" refers to ability, not permission. He was using an example that the people would have known in order to make his point about standing in the fear of God and therefore not dishonestly swearing by anything.

Upvote 0

HCrossth2012

Jan 11, 2012
✟16,572.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
"Cannot" refers to ability, not permission. He was using an example that the people would have known in order to make his point about standing in the fear of God and therefore not dishonestly swearing by anything.

Peace

Ability, do we have ability? Yes.

And to all other christians with their loving comments, I said for me.

Peace and god bless

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Somber

꧁✿❁❀❁✿꧂
Oct 23, 2011
The Fairy Ring
✟101,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Well, I don't think that it is necessarily wrong. If a person is doing it to gain attention to themselves or for vain reasons I do think that it isn't right. I know that the sun naturally bleaches many peoples hair, and washing hair repeatedly can change it's natural color. If someone is coloring their hair or cutting it in ways that are exotic, according to trends every year or for vain reasons i think that it is wrong.

In honesty, I believe that we should be content with how God created us, so that is why I do not dye my hair or try to change my appearance in any way that wouldn't be natural. :)

Upvote 0