I know why our country is being destroyed. God is disgusted?

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟383,583.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I sense a willingness to nitpick.

It's either a true version or it is isn't.

I trust St Jerome. He is a canonized saint
It is not nitpicking it is correcting wrong statements. I like the Vulgate but it as other translations has it’s faults.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟34,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don' think that scripture means that we are to sit back and do nothing while some leftists destroys our country
Why war against flesh and blood? " and the authorities that exist are appointed by God." Your dislike resonates, then again a house divided can not stand.

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Why war against flesh and blood? " and the authorities that exist are appointed by God." Your dislike resonates, then again a house divided can not stand.
it says in the Word that if your neighbor is being led to death, you must intervene

abortion

• Prayers
Reactions: Laodicean60
Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟735,205.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Thanks for that Scripture in Thessalonians

The problem is, that few people take the Word seriously. Some are even Christians. They accept what they like and the other stuff, not so much.

No wonder our country is in sad shape.

Some people think God will never rise and act. The liberals think this, apparently. They likely think something like this: Well, we've been aborting babies (oops, I mean supporting Reproductive health"care") and allowing criminals to run rampant for so long now and God hasn't punished us, so why should we stop?

And you can barely blame them for thinking that because sometimes we do wonder why God seems to be asleep at the wheel. But does that mean He will always "fail to act"? In the Old T He didn't fail to act. And God does not change. He just gives us longer to repent, maybe.. ?

This country, from its inception, had an economy built on the backs of slaves, and over its history committed genocide against the diverse nations of people who had lived in this land for millennia.

And you think it's only abortion or recent events that is offensive to God?

Have you even read the Bible?

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

iarwain

Feb 13, 2009
✟105,296.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God.
Yet God has destroyed nations, states, and cities that were corrupt, so that doesn't mean those governments are good. They may be left in place so that their people might be destroyed. I don't doubt the US is getting the representation we deserve, but we need to turn from our evil lest we be destroyed.

Reactions: Laodicean60
Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
maybe they are apointed by God

because God is ticked off

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟253,086.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So this is what I think, that God is very disgusted and has lost his patience. Maybe this is why he allowed a senile and easily manipulated (no core values) person to "lead" this counry... into Hell.
While perhaps not "senile" during 2016 - 2020, there is every reason to be concerned about the soundness of Mr. Trump's mind now. To wit (from Newsweek):

There is "overwhelming" evidence that Donald Trump is suffering from dementia, a leading psychiatrist has claimed, amid speculation about the state of the former president's mental health.

Dr. Lance Dodes, a supervising analyst emeritus of the Boston Psychoanalytic Society and Institute and retired Harvard Medical School professor, was among those recently quoted by Duty To Warn, which describes itself as an association of mental health professionals concerned about Trump.

"Unlike normal aging, which is characterized by forgetting names or words, Trump repeatedly shows something very different: confusion about reality," he wrote in a statement published on Friday, which referenced Trump's confusing Barack Obama with Joe Biden.

"If he were to become president he would have to be immediately removed from office via the 25th Amendment as dangerously unable to fulfill the responsibilities of office," Dodes, who is also a distinguished fellow of the American Academy of Addiction Psychiatry, added, citing the 1967 mechanism that allows for a president to be removed due to unfitness.

Is Mr. Biden mentally unfit to be President? I would expect that he is indeed unfit although, like you, I am not an expert in these matters.

My point is that while Mr. Biden may indeed be "senile", the other option going forward - Mr. Trump - appears to be cognitively impaired as well.

Upvote 0

expos4ever

Oct 22, 2008
Montreal, Quebec
✟253,086.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
No such thing. Translation is inherently an interpretative process. It is simply not possible to go from one language to another without having to make decisions about meaning. For instance, the Greek word pistis can mean faith, trust, or reliability. Those words all have different meanings in English.
Very true and important for us to understand this.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums