Akron
✟75,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Without any context, how would you define hell?
Some people describe hell as separation from God. Lazare just wanted a drop of living water.
Other people say hell is a place where you have to endure the pain, misery and suffering that you caused others.
Some say it is a place of total destruction. Others say people are cleansed and redeemed through suffering.
So we have lots of opinions and this is just a few of them..

I prayed about this once. God told me He is a God of absolute and perfect Justice. Just as perfect at the universe if fine tuned. So nothing is going to happen to anyone that they do not deserve. Some people even believe we judge ourselves. Paul does talk about how we are to examine ourselves.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟528,513.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Without any context, how would you define hell? This is the 2nd time I have asked.
No, this is not the second time you've asked me, not with those stipulations. My reply to your post said I believe we find the definition of the word hell within the context of it's Scriptural usage. and so my answer stands as is...sorry.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
I believe we find the definition of the word hell within the context of it's Scriptural usage.
Why do people have different beliefs about what they read in their Bible about Hell?

Upvote 0

throughfiierytrial

Truth-Lover
Site Supporter
Apr 7, 2014
✟528,513.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why do people have different beliefs about what they read in their Bible about Hell?
I don't know, but as of late many seem to choose outer darkness as the meaning of hell over fire. Fire is as I recall almost always used to define hell within its Scriptural context. I feel it's a dumbing down of the punishments.

Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,332.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
as of late many seem to choose outer darkness as the meaning of hell over fire.
I had a dream once when I had an operation. Although some people think it was a NDE. I was falling in a bottomless pit. That was before I read about a bottomless pit in the Bible. Then one day I realized it was a dormant volcano. So I am thinking the lake of fire is the sea of fire at the bottom of some volcanos. At least that gives us an image we can relate to. Although the Bible seems to indicate that Gehenna was a garbage pit that was always burning. Or Armageddon cold be a lake of fire from a nuclear explosion.

Upvote 0