I know why our country is being destroyed. God is disgusted?

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
No, I cannot prove absolutely that God is disgusted w/ the US but it can be surmised, based on unassailable FACTS and KNOWLEDGE, namely knowledge of the Bible.

I have read the entire thing? Have you? I read the most reliable version of the Bible that exists, the Douay Rheims (a non-interpretative Bible based on the original languages spoken by Christ). So I think I am at least somewhat in a position to surmise a few things. I have also been following Jesus for years and years, even when it hurt to do so, and boy, did it often hurt to do so.

So this is what I think, that God is very disgusted and has lost his patience. Maybe this is why he allowed a senile and easily manipulated (no core values) person to "lead" this counry... into Hell.

Hell can sometimes be defined as: I am living right... obeying the laws and the Laws of God.. but those who are NOT are getting my taxpayer dollars spent on them, when I am (&/or know someone) who needs those resources. Those who violated our laws are getting food, phones, shelter in nice hotels while I know homeless people who live in their cars year after year...

Yep, that's Hell... a portion thereof. There are other hells I could mentiion but that will do for now. In any case, You either get what is going on or you don't... Too bad many Americans do not know... dn't watch much news... don't go to Church, don't read the Bible

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
God is probably very very saddened by the whole world!!
I tend to think that God does not so much get sad, but gets even! LOL OK, that's a little bit of a ... well, words fail but I am being facetious in any case..

Still, the Word tells us that God is not mocked, that whatever we sow, we will reap. It may not be today or tomorrow that we "reap" but reap we will. Americans are SPOILED. They are used to having whatever their money can buy. I read this story the other day, supposedly true, about children in some Latin American country who depend on Food for the Poor because they have to walk long distances to find water that is not even clean enough to drink. So, while I feel for the taxpayers and how this country is being ripped apart by lawless people in charge, I am not going to say that... What? that in some way we don't deserve it?

It seems like a lot of Americans try to live like a king... never give to those poor in other countries.. So maybe some of the people crossing the border are like those children and their families; they want a better life. I am all for that. I do send money to other countries like the aforementioned, but I could probably send more. But I am still against an open border. Let those people come LEGALLY. Let the American people SEE who they are! We do not want just anyone entering our home...

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Arcangl86

Dec 29, 2013
✟349,816.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
No, I cannot prove absolutely that God is disgusted w/ the US but it can be surmised, based on unassailable FACTS and KNOWLEDGE, namely knowledge of the Bible.
Ok, let's see then. Honestly I'm skeptical considering how fact free many of your posts are on this site.
I have read the entire thing? Have you?
Yes. Multiple times.
I read the most reliable version of the Bible that exists, the Douay Rheims
Just because it is your preferred translation doesn't make it the most reliable version. It's not even the preferred version of the Catholic church. You just started and already are claiming your opinion is fact.
(a non-interpretative Bible
No such thing. Translation is inherently an interpretative process. It is simply not possible to go from one language to another without having to make decisions about meaning. For instance, the Greek word pistis can mean faith, trust, or reliability. Those words all have different meanings in English.
based on the original languages spoken by Christ).
Nope. This is blatantly incorrect. For somebody claiming to have deep knowledge of the Bible, you seem to be ignorant of the history of your preferred translation. The Douay Rheims was translated into English from the Vulgate, which is Latin. And large portions of the Vulgate OT were translations from the Septuagint, which itself was a translation from Hebrew into Greek. Jesus spoke Aramaic. It's possible he knew some Hebrew or Greek, but the day-to-day stuff would have been in Aramaic.
So I think I am at least somewhat in a position to surmise a few things. I have also been following Jesus for years and years, even when it hurt to do so, and boy, did it often hurt to do so.
Ok?
So this is what I think, that God is very disgusted and has lost his patience. Maybe this is why he allowed a senile
And here we go once again into an opinion. I know it's taken as an article of faith by many Republicans that Biden is senile, but he has not been diagnosed as such, which is what would be a fact in this case.
and easily manipulated (no core values)
Do you have anything to support this claim? Again it sounds like opinion, not fact.
person to "lead" this counry... into Hell.
It seems that you are using Hell metaphorically, so once again this is not a fact but an opinion.
Hell can sometimes be defined as: I am living right... obeying the laws and the Laws of God.. but those who are NOT are getting my taxpayer dollars spent on them, when I am (&/or know someone) who needs those resources.
I have to say, this is a novel definition of hell. Where do you draw it from? It is certainly not biblical.
Those who violated our laws are getting food, phones, shelter in nice hotels while I know homeless people who live in their cars year after year...
Actually, those people are here because they requested asylum according to our law.
Yep, that's Hell... a portion thereof. There are other hells I could mentiion but that will do for now. In any case, You either get what is going on or you don't... Too bad many Americans do not know... dn't watch much news... don't go to Church, don't read the Bible
I'm not seeing anything thing here that is biblical. This seems to be entirely a list of political grievances wrapped in the Bible.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟923,131.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Lev 18 lists a few of the sins which if a nation commits them - God will allow it to be wiped out.
So I think I am at least somewhat in a position to surmise a few things. I have also been following Jesus for years and years, even when it hurt to do so, and boy, did it often hurt to do so.

So this is what I think, that God is very disgusted and has lost his patience. Maybe this is why he allowed a senile and easily manipulated (no core values) person to "lead" this counry... into Hell.
"choices have consequences" as Obama loved to remind Americans.

Oh how true that is my friends.
Too bad many Americans do not know... dn't watch much news... don't go to Church, don't read the Bible
Well it is true that some choose not to know or see what is going on ... but others choose to be awake as 1 Thess 5:1-8 says.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟71,360.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

I have read the entire thing? Have you? I read the most reliable version of the Bible that exists, the Douay Rheims (a non-interpretative Bible based on the original languages spoken by Christ). So I think I am at least somewhat in a position to surmise a few things. I have also been following Jesus for years and years, even when it hurt to do so, and boy, did it often hurt to do so.

Hell can sometimes be defined as: I am living right... obeying the laws and the Laws of God.. but those who are NOT are getting my taxpayer dollars spent on them, when I am (&/or know someone) who needs those resources. Those who violated our laws are getting food, phones, shelter in nice hotels while I know homeless people who live in their cars year after year...

This halped adjust my thinking about the idea that God judges at the national level. DocumentCloud

Upvote 0

HarleyER

Jan 4, 2024
Toano
✟18,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married

Everything from before the beginning of time has been foreknown and predestined by our loving God who has a divine purpose. God is not disgusted nor is He impatient.

That being said, there are some simularities between Revelation, what was recorded about the end times in 2 Timothy, and the lawlessness of man. This isn't just happening in the US. God has given man over to a depraved mind (mentioned in Romans 1) and all the evidence is before us-homosexuality, lawlessness, people doing what is right in their own eyes, etc.. I know this has been said many times in the past (and mocked), but all the signs are starting to come together for the return of Christ. What we may be seeing is the very beginning of the end of the last days. How long this will endure I'm not sure.

The best thing is to turn off the news and focus on Christ. This is not our homeland.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟827,180.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I know that this fits him but you shouldn't talk about Donald Trump like that.

• Haha
Reactions: expos4ever
Upvote 0

Matt5

Jun 12, 2019
Zürich
✟133,988.00
Country
Switzerland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You're still living in the US. I guess you want to go down with the ship.

Democracies only last up to around 250 years. So I guess the US is out of time.

Voting doesn't seem to matter much anymore with the occasional exception. The Republican party is heavily infiltrated by Democrats.

The dominant religion in the West is the religion of equality. This is a doom religion. It's the end of the line. It makes one unable to access threats properly and the nation becomes vulnerable. And it is vulnerable to military defeat.

Reactions: RoBo1988
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟383,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
, the Douay Rheims (a non-interpretative Bible based on the original languages spoken by Christ)
No it is a translation of translations. It is an English translation of a Latin translation of the Greek and Hebrew.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
@Matt5 raises a good point. If you genuinely believe your OP why are you here? Why aren't you making preparations to leave? Do you realize the differences between immigration and asylum and the difficulties you'll have going elsewhere in an emergency?

No one who believes as you're suggesting would put themselves on the mercy of another land given the current issues on asylum. They'd do all they could to secure their home elsewhere before things get worse.

As he notes, you're jumping ship or sinking with it. If you've thrown in your lot with the land in light of your beliefs you've chosen your fate.

~bella

Upvote 0

guyver

Dec 9, 2021
victoria
✟92,621.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
So this is what I think, that God is very disgusted and has lost his patience
No he knew this was coming , he even wrote a book about it , with worst to come.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Laodicean60
Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟34,705.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So this is what I think, that God is very disgusted and has lost his patience.
I don't think so he's already seen this movie. This is why I try not to bad-mouth he President:
Rom 13:1
Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟735,169.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others

And you say you've read the Bible?

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Lev 18 lists a few of the sins which if a nation commits them - God will allow it to be wiped out.

"choices have consequences" as Obama loved to remind Americans.

Oh how true that is my friends.

Well it is true that some choose not to know or see what is going on ... but others choose to be awake as 1 Thess 5:1-8 says.
Thanks for that Scripture in Thessalonians

The problem is, that few people take the Word seriously. Some are even Christians. They accept what they like and the other stuff, not so much.

No wonder our country is in sad shape.

Some people think God will never rise and act. The liberals think this, apparently. They likely think something like this: Well, we've been aborting babies (oops, I mean supporting Reproductive health"care") and allowing criminals to run rampant for so long now and God hasn't punished us, so why should we stop?

And you can barely blame them for thinking that because sometimes we do wonder why God seems to be asleep at the wheel. But does that mean He will always "fail to act"? In the Old T He didn't fail to act. And God does not change. He just gives us longer to repent, maybe.. ?

• Informative
Reactions: BobRyan
Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I don't think so he's already seen this movie. This is why I try not to bad-mouth he President:
Rom 13:1
Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God.
I don' think that scripture means that we are to sit back and do nothing while some leftists destroys our country

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
No it is a translation of translations. It is an English translation of a Latin translation of the Greek and Hebrew.
not true.

St Jerome put together the Vulgate, then the Latin (in that version) was translated into English. The original language was Aramaic/Hebrew (that St Jerome worked with)

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟383,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
not true.

St Jerome put together the Vulgate, then the Latin (in that version) was translated into English. The original language was Aramaic/Hebrew (that St Jerome worked with)
The vulgate is Latin hence why they call it the Latin vulgate. It was translated from the Greek New Testament and the Greek old testament which was a translation of the Hebrew. And he also used some Hebrew manuscripts. So please…

Last edited:
Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,031.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
The vulgate is Latin hence why they call it the Latin vulgate. It was translated from the Greek New Testament and the Greek old testament which was a translation of the Hebrew. And some Hebrew manuscripts. So please…
I sense a willingness to nitpick.

It's either a true version or it is isn't.

I trust St Jerome. He is a canonized saint

Upvote 0