Florida
✟20,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
What does it matter whether one is "tough" or not? Don't the reformed believe that those chosen to believe will believe regardless? You know, irresistible grace. So why bother, actually?

Again, RT just doesn't have a real good answer. Oh, sure, the Bible tells believers to go and witness. But RT holds to the peculiar and unbiblical view that God has already chosen those who will believe. So, if that is true, personal evangelism doesn't really accomplish anything, because God has already chosen all He wants to believe. And they can't resist His election.

I've seen some of the comments to you over there. Looks like they're seen through your games as well.

God uses Christians in the conversion process. That's the bottom line. And as has been told to you Arminians/pelagians on many occasions - we don't know who is elect or isn't and therefore we witness to all in hopes that they are elect.

Upvote 0

dogs4thewin

dog lover
Christian Forums Staff
Red Team - Moderator
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2012
Georgia U.S. State
✟912,493.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
God uses Christians in the conversion process. That's the bottom line. And as has been told to you Arminians/pelagians on many occasions - we don't know who is elect or isn't and therefore we witness to all in hopes that they are elect.
but if they are elect they will come to Christ anyway so what is the point? I am not a Calvinist, by the way. Matter of a fact, I ONLY believe the T part of TULIP. Thus I believe that He died for Every one who accepts, you CAN leave ( However it is not easy) and you can ignore God's grace.

Upvote 0

Hammster

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,750,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
No, they're seeing through your games. ^_^

There's no games. They want me to try do prove God exists. According to Romans 1, they already know He exists.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,787.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
The problem is that giving "good news" to those who aren't elect in the RT view is only a LIE. Not good news. The gospel is NOT for anyone for whom Christ didn't die.

If God didn't choose one for salvation, it is a LIE to tell them the good news that they can believe in Christ for eternal life.

Seems most of the reformed believe that Paul's theology is reformed. But he had no illusions about who the gospel is for.

Acts 20:21
I have declared to both Jews and Greeks that they must turn to God in repentance and have faith in our Lord Jesus.

To declare salvation in Christ to anyone for whom Christ didn't die is a LIE. Such people (thank God Christ died for everyone) cannot have salvation and there is NO good news for them.

So let's be honest about this.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,787.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
There's no games.
I've read their comments to you. ;)

They want me to try do prove God exists. According to Romans 1, they already know He exists.
Since they do, there is nothing to prove. You need a different tack.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,750,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,750,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Do you believe that Christ died for them?

Irrelevant to this discussion. I am more concerned about them than I am this discussion. I am praying for them. As far as I know, God could use something you say to them. But as of now, we just don't know because you're more concerned with being critical of me and Calvinism than you are with talking to them.

Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,787.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Irrelevant to this discussion. I am more concerned about them than I am this discussion. I am praying for them. As far as I know, God could use something you say to them. But as of now, we just don't know because you're more concerned with being critical of me and Calvinism than you are with talking to them.
I don't live on my computer like you do. So I have no intention of posting there, given all the posters who would likely respond. Just don't have the time. The only difference between your "tack" and mine is that I'd just tell them directly that Christ died for their sins, and gives eternal life to them for believing in Him for it. Something that you could do, if so inclined.

Once they hear that, all excuses evaporate. And God's Word never comes back void. Meaning, that He is glorified when people respond to His grace, and He is glorified when people reject His grace and receive His justice. :)

How about telling them what I would say and let me know the response.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,750,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
I don't live on my computer like you do. So I have no intention of posting there, given all the posters who would likely respond. Just don't have the time. The only difference between your "tack" and mine is that I'd just tell them directly that Christ died for their sins, and gives eternal life to them for believing in Him for it. Something that you could do, if so inclined.

Once they hear that, all excuses evaporate. And God's Word never comes back void. Meaning, that He is glorified when people respond to His grace, and He is glorified when people reject His grace and receive His justice. :)

How about telling them what I would say and let me know the response.

You could do that and just not post here. Use some of those 11 posts per day average to engage with them. But I guess you have your priorities.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,787.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
You could do that and just not post here. Use some of those 11 posts per day average to engage with them. But I guess you have your priorities.
It isn't the # per day, as you seem to imagine (guess). It's how many posts to keep up with per day. The other thread churns up 30+ pages per day. I don't live on my computer as y'all seem to do. And "life" is a priority.

btw, concerning 'them', from what I've read, seems some (most?) of them are self described "former Christians". Since you have so much time on your hands, try to find out what they used to believe before they "repented" of their belief. I'll bet some of them never did really believe what is required for salvation. Probably just some form of religiosity that they thought was Christianity.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,750,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
It isn't the # per day, as you seem to imagine (guess). It's how many posts to keep up with per day. The other thread churns up 30+ pages per day. I don't live on my computer as y'all seem to do. And "life" is a priority.

btw, concerning 'them', from what I've read, seems some (most?) of them are self described "former Christians". Since you have so much time on your hands, try to find out what they used to believe before they "repented" of their belief. I'll bet some of them never did really believe what is required for salvation. Probably just some form of religiosity that they thought was Christianity.

Just more excuses from you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,750,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
So you think.

And you, again, ignored my question.

You seem to have plenty of time to argue with me. And I don't care about your question.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,750,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.