Apr 12, 2004
UK Northampton
Visit site
✟79,726.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
For Months now , I have been asking all those at Soteriology who announce that God wants to save everyone , and that we should pray for everyone , and that Calvinists's are wrong ....... to put their money where their mouth is , to go and reach out to the lost in the only place non-Christians visit on CF :Generasl Apologetics ....... and so far , I have seen no-one on here go and reach out .......

Only two minutes ago I went over there and again , I am happy to see a Calvinist reaching out to the lost ....... but where are the non/anti -Calvinists's ?

Nowhere to be seen .......... they speak about a love for all men , they speak about praying for all men ..... and do nothing!

Now who do you think the Lord will be happy with when He returns , those who may have got it wrong but reached out anyway , or those who may have been right all along and did nothing!

I condemn no-one.

If you love the lost , don't yap about it , do something about it , otherwise your words will condemn you!

CCWoody

Voted best Semper Reformada signature ~ 2007
Mar 23, 2003
Texas
Visit site
✟8,255.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Those who believe in "free will" stay at home. Those who believe in free grace & Election go forth to war armed with this comfort: Election is my GUARANTEE that I will be successful in the missions field. It is my guarantee that the Lord is still a God of sovereign salvation.

And, it is this attitude which has led to the ground under the missionaries feet turning red with the blood of Calvinist missionaries. As an interesting bit of history, Toplady, in a heated debate once asked his Arminian opponent to name a single Arminian missions martyr. I'm not saying that Arminians don't go into missions today. It is just that we wade into the battlefield, not trusting that men are smart enough or spiritual enough to make the right call. We trust that the Lord is good and his mercy is over all. And he has things well in hand. We go forth under the guarantee that we can NEVER fail. No fear; no doubt. We are emboldened with our battle cry: Salvation is of the Lord.

Click on the link:

Missions & the Sovereignty of God Why commitment to the Doctrines of Grace makes me more effective in "World A" by anonymous missionaryI couldn't possibly be a missionary if I weren't completely convinced of the doctrines of grace!

Upvote 0

kricket777

Aug 29, 2005
✟7,809.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
wow, I am not a Cavinist, but have tried to witness every chance I get. With the Guarantee that God's Word will not return void. Maybe not on this board because I am way new, but I take Christ's commission to heart.

My prayer is that all would take the commision given to us as first priority in their lives.

In Christ,
Kricket777

p.s. cygnusx1 did anyone take your challange?...(Meaning that they said they would be over there preaching?) That would be the only reason I could see to call them Hypocrites.

Upvote 0

cygnusx1

Jacob the twister.....
Apr 12, 2004
UK Northampton
Visit site
✟79,726.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
kricket777 said:
wow, I am not a Cavinist, but have tried to witness every chance I get. With the Guarantee that God's Word will not return void. Maybe not on this board because I am way new, but I take Christ's commission to heart.

My prayer is that all would take the commision given to us as first priority in their lives.

In Christ,
Kricket777

p.s. cygnusx1 did anyone take your challange?...(Meaning that they said they would be over there preaching?) That would be the only reason I could see to call them Hypocrites.

Hi kricket777 :wave:
I have seen no-one except Calvinist's from Soteriology go and witness to the lost in General Apologetics ........ one guy said he used to but he doesn't now.

also my challenge which I have made many times over a period of about a year has been ignored , why ?
Who can say ........ perhaps it is more fun banging heads with Christians for some people than seeing sinners saved ?

*Even if I never challenged anyone , it does not remove the QUESTION of hypocrisy from those who spout about God willing every single sinner saved , and contending for a belief that we should pray for every single person who ever lived .
IF they are unwilling to even speak the good news to the only place that unbelievers daily visit , General Apologetics! What does that indicate about the genuiness of their beliefs ?

I believe we should pray for men in general , I believe that God does not delight in the death of the wicked . I believe that God is willing to accept sinners IF they would submit to His claims. I also believe in Unconditional Election and Irresistable Grace ......... men can resist only if God permits them to resist , that means thousands do indeed resist!
hence I preach to all , indiscriminately . Trusting that the Gospel Message is not my message but God's , and will not return to Him void , but shall accomplish all that God intended.

I also believe that God has not planned to save every sinner , but offers salvation even to the men He knows will NEVER accept His Gracious offers and Invitations , no matter how many Promises and threats are placed before them.

Upvote 0

kricket777

Aug 29, 2005
✟7,809.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Ok, I see where you are coming from. You want them to preach the gospel in this one fourm as a challenge...what is the challenge then just to go there and preach the gospel of Christ?

*Even if I never challenged anyone , it does not remove the QUESTION of hypocrisy from those who spout about God willing every single sinner saved , and contending for a belief that we should pray for every single person who ever lived .IF they are unwilling to even speak the good news to the only place that unbelievers daily visit , General Apologetics! What does that indicate about the genuiness of their beliefs ?

Hmm, well don't know what to say. I for one would say that is only tells you what a few believe. Not everyone of them. I feel i am not able to fully answer this because of my newbieness to the forum so I will leave it at that.

I believe we should pray for men in general , I believe that God does not delight in the death of the wicked . I believe that God is willing to accept sinners IF they would submit to His claims. I also believe in Unconditional Election and Irresistable Grace ......... men can resist only if God permits them to resist , that means thousands do indeed resist! hence I preach to all , indiscriminately . Trusting that the Gospel Message is not my message but God's , and will not return to Him void , but shall accomplish all that God intended.

This part confuses me because I don't see where in Scripture you could get that God permits some to resist and some to not.

I also believe that God has not planned to save every sinner , but offers salvation even to the men He knows will NEVER accept His Gracious offers and Invitations , no matter how many Promises and threats are placed before them.

I agree with this statment. IF he planned on saving every sinner we would not even have to preach the gospel at all!! (key being "have to")

In Christ,
Kricket777

Upvote 0

cygnusx1

Jacob the twister.....
Apr 12, 2004
UK Northampton
Visit site
✟79,726.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
kricket777 said:
Ok, I see where you are coming from. You want them to preach the gospel in this one fourm as a challenge...what is the challenge then just to go there and preach the gospel of Christ?

that is the main challenge , but , and this is my other point ........ ''go and see if men are living at enmity toward God'' , then come back and tell us Calvinists what we have said all along!
I want those who insist salvation from a non/anti-Calvinist viewpoint to have at least some experience of what they consider to be true , not just dead dogma!

This part confuses me because I don't see where in Scripture you could get that God permits some to resist and some to not.

It is plain to many that God Almighty doesn't knock every prospective convert off his horse , blind him and tell Him it is a waste of time kicking against it .... see Paul's conversion! :D

I agree with this statment. IF he planned on saving every sinner we would not even have to preach the gospel at all!! (key being "have to")

In Christ,
Kricket777
That is partly why Universalism is a pointless dogma ......... If God planned to save everybody , either God is thwarted (The Bible doesn't teach God can be thwarted ) or everyone will be saved.

I seldom argue with Universalists , just what would be the point ?

Upvote 0

WhenFinallySetFree777

*~[such a beautiful surrender]~*
Jan 22, 2005
Earth
✟2,728.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Hi kricket777 :wave:
I have seen no-one except Calvinist's from Soteriology go and witness to the lost in General Apologetics ........ one guy said he used to but he doesn't now.

Hey, uh, just because people aren't witnessing on the Internet doesn't mean they aren't in their, you know, "real lives". Don't judge the actions and hearts of people without of full story of both.

Upvote 0

cygnusx1

Jacob the twister.....
Apr 12, 2004
UK Northampton
Visit site
✟79,726.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
WhenFinallySetFree777 said:
Hey, uh, just because people aren't witnessing on the Internet doesn't mean they aren't in their, you know, "real lives". Don't judge the actions and hearts of people without of full story of both.

hi WhenFinallySetFree777 :wave:

as I said in the OP " I condemn no-one ".

that is why the Thread has a question mark at the end of it "Hypocrites?"......... a continual question and challenge ...... nothing wrong with that .

Upvote 0

Diane_Windsor

Senior Contributor
Jun 29, 2004
✟27,907.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
cygnusx1 said:
Only two minutes ago I went over there and again , I am happy to see a Calvinist reaching out to the lost ....... but where are the non/anti -Calvinists's ?

Nowhere to be seen .......... they speak about a love for all men , they speak about praying for all men ..... and do nothing!

Frankly speaking I think you need to get off your high horse for a minute. How do you know that "they" are not doing anything? Do you have access to their PM accounts? Can you listen to their prayers? Do you think the lost only congregate at General Apologetics? Do you think that every Christian is called to Apologetics? Many are called, but few are chosen for that arena. Furthermore this is not a contest between Calvinist Christians and other Christians.

:doh:

Diane
:(

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

cygnusx1

Jacob the twister.....
Apr 12, 2004
UK Northampton
Visit site
✟79,726.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Diane_Windsor said:
Frankly speaking I think you need to get off your high horse for a minute. How do you know that "they" are not doing anything? Do you have access to their PM accounts? Can you listen to their prayers? Do you think the lost only congregate at General Apologetics? Do you think that every Christian is called to Apologetics? Many are called, but few are chosen for that arena. Furthermore this is not a contest between Calvinist Christians and other Christians.

:doh:

Diane
:(

Hi Diane , thanks for caring enough to respond,

I have not access to pms or men's hearts , I challenge all those who say they have universalistic beliefs to go and share the Gospel , it will most probably not have come to your attention , but over a period of time , it becomes ever clearer by reading what many say and more importantly what they don't say , that Evangelism is not happening but heated debates are on the menu ........ just a few minutes ago I read a post , every point was quoted and answered except the sentence on reaching out .......... you tend to notice these things after a while.

The same goes for certain polls , and questions , some are to do with prayer and the lost ....... it soon becomes apparant that it is more often ignored in favour of the more controversial aspects of the Christian faith ....... why is that ?

then again , the whole point of having beliefs is that they are not mere dogmas , but can also be vouchsafed from experience ..... so often all that is written is just wind........ may God grant workers to go , gifted to speak and bring men to the Saviour. Amen.

If men in Soteriology are alrady doing it , then there has been many requests to see if it is so .......... and I don't think we have a shy bunch of Christians here... :wave:

Upvote 0

Hammster

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,746,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
For Months now , I have been asking all those at Soteriology who announce that God wants to save everyone , and that we should pray for everyone , and that Calvinists's are wrong ....... to put their money where their mouth is , to go and reach out to the lost in the only place non-Christians visit on CF :Generasl Apologetics ....... and so far , I have seen no-one on here go and reach out .......

Now who do you think the Lord will be happy with when He returns , those who may have got it wrong but reached out anyway , or those who may have been right all along and did nothing!

I condemn no-one.

If you love the lost , don't yap about it , do something about it , otherwise your words will condemn you!

No more General Apologetics, but there are discussions in Ethics & Morality.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,746,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Here you guys go. Deal with this, for starters.

The God of the Bible has done heaps of wrong.

Here is the first example.

He created Adam and Eve without knowledge of good and evil and then gave them a command they could not understand because they lacked the moral concepts to do so. He then placed forbidden fruit within their reach. (It doesn't take omniscience to guess what's going to happen next...) And then he punished them for acquiring knowledge of good and evil; the very knowledge he should have given them in the first place so that they could properly apprehend his commands. He set them up to fail, knowing that they would fail, and knowing everything that would follow.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,746,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Looks like you are doing a good job over there. When I get some time I will join in the discussions...
Thanks. It's a tough crowd. But so was I.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FreeGrace2

Senior Veteran
Nov 15, 2012
USA
✟184,787.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Thanks. It's a tough crowd. But so was I.
What does it matter whether one is "tough" or not? Don't the reformed believe that those chosen to believe will believe regardless? You know, irresistible grace. So why bother, actually?

Again, RT just doesn't have a real good answer. Oh, sure, the Bible tells believers to go and witness. But RT holds to the peculiar and unbiblical view that God has already chosen those who will believe. So, if that is true, personal evangelism doesn't really accomplish anything, because God has already chosen all He wants to believe. And they can't resist His election.

I've seen some of the comments to you over there. Looks like they're seen through your games as well.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,746,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
What does it matter whether one is "tough" or not? Don't the reformed believe that those chosen to believe will believe regardless? You know, irresistible grace. So why bother, actually?

Again, RT just doesn't have a real good answer. Oh, sure, the Bible tells believers to go and witness. But RT holds to the peculiar and unbiblical view that God has already chosen those who will believe. So, if that is true, personal evangelism doesn't really accomplish anything, because God has already chosen all He wants to believe. And they can't resist His election.

I've seen some of the comments to you over there. Looks like they're seen through your games as well.

They are just having issues dealing with a presuppositionalist.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.