Jew vs Islam vs Gentile Christian. What's wisdom say?

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't understand why people support Israel. They're not Christian are they? Isn't that like supporting the anti Christ? Forgive me if I'm wrong but how am I supposed to see it?

So we hate Muslims for hating Jesus but we love Jews who hate Jesus, what wisdom is this?

Furthermore people who think that way often seem to become warmongering Christians who want to save Israel with war and weapons.

I love all people the same. I dont care who you are. I hope for us all. We are commanded to pray for men everywhere. We are commanded to greet everyone and not just for our brethren like the unbelievers do.

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
1 Corinthians 9-22 I Am Made All Things To All Men gray.jpg

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟339,873.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I don't understand why people support Israel. They're not Christian are they? Isn't that like supporting the anti Christ? Forgive me if I'm wrong but how am I supposed to see it?

So we hate Muslims for hating Jesus but we love Jews who hate Jesus, what wisdom is this?

I support the existence of the state of Israel, because Jews have been persecuted for many centuries (often at the hands of Christians), and I am glad there is now a place where Jews can live without fear that their government is going to send them to death camps.

I would like for the United States to also be a place where Jews can live without fear, and mostly we do a pretty good job at that. But just in case we Americans lose our minds, there's Israel.

I am also willing to criticize the state of Israel when they mistreat Palestinians and others.

I hope that, for both Jews and Muslims, as well as Hindus and Sikhs and other religious groups -- I hope that we can be in a place of disagreeing without hatred.

• Friendly
Reactions: Ted-01
Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I support the existence of the state of Israel, because Jews have been persecuted for many centuries (often at the hands of Christians), and I am glad there is now a place where Jews can live without fear that their government is going to send them to death camps.

I would like for the United States to also be a place where Jews can live without fear, and mostly we do a pretty good job at that. But just in case we Americans lose our minds, there's Israel.

I am also willing to criticize the state of Israel when they mistreat Palestinians and others.

I hope that, for both Jews and Muslims, as well as Hindus and Sikhs and other religious groups -- I hope that we can be in a place of disagreeing without hatred.
I understand and i agree with peace. I don't worry about the nations including Israel. God will do what he does. The church has no role in it at all. We promote the kingdom of heaven not earthly nations

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟312,439.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single

The Jews have a tendency to misinterpret scriptures and it's for the same reason they did not accept Jesus as the Messiah and even put Him on the cross.

The Jews wanted their miracles done immediately. They don't like to wait. Same way they wanted Jesus to deliver them from the Romans right then and there. The Jews don't have patience and that attitude really annoyed Moses.

God would eventually gather all the Jews and place them in their own country. But I really doubt it has happened already because some of the prerequisites in the prophecy has not happened yet.

They've not yet humbled their ways and still reject Christ.

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Jews have a tendency to misinterpret scriptures and it's for the same reason they did not accept Jesus as the Messiah and even put Him on the cross.

The Jews wanted their miracles done immediately. They don't like to wait. Same way they wanted Jesus to deliver them from the Romans right then and there. The Jews don't have patience and that attitude really annoyed Moses.

God would eventually gather all the Jews and place them in their own country. But I really doubt it has happened already because some of the prerequisites in the prophecy has not happened yet.

They've not yet humbled their ways and still reject Christ.
I don't see an earthly kingdom happening but I could be wrong

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟312,439.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I don't see an earthly kingdom happening but I could be wrong

I've had few dreams this "country" won't be on Earth but in another planet residing in another star system, an "Exoplanet"

The Jews in those dreams also adopted some of the fashion of Ancient Egypt, maybe because they came out of Egypt obviously. They looked like the ancient Egyptians but with less/no makeup. Probably why the Angel told the the family of Jesus to flee to Egypt because they will blend perfectly with the local population.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I've had few dreams this "country" won't be on Earth but in another planet residing in another star system, an "Exoplanet"

The Jews in those dreams also adopted some of the fashion of Ancient Egypt, maybe because they came out of Egypt obviously. They looked like the ancient Egyptians but with less/no makeup. Probably why the Angel told the the family of Jesus to flee to Egypt because they will blend perfectly with the local population.
Sounds like the movie Star Gate with Kurt Russell. I dreamed of movie characters years ago. More recently ive seen things in movies and shows. I prefer not to however. I'm healing from all that I hope.

Reactions: timewerx
Upvote 0

RandyPNW

Jun 8, 2021
Pacific NW, USA
✟108,595.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Furthermore people who think that way often seem to become warmongering Christians who want to save Israel with war and weapons.

I love all people the same. I dont care who you are. I hope for us all. We are commanded to pray for men everywhere. We are commanded to greet everyone and not just for our brethren like the unbelievers do.
Like all nations there are some good and some bad people in them. Israel is no different. However, Israel had a special calling to represent God early in history and became a model for God's Kingdom for future Christian nations. Their up and down experience became a warning for us all.

1 Cor 10.6 Now these things occurred as examples to keep us from setting our hearts on evil things as they did.

Beyond their failures we are to expect that a remnant among them will be set apart to become Christian and form a new nation entirely dedicated to Christ. This is due to the promise God made to Abraham--something that cannot fail. And this becomes an example for us to pursue people who are open to the Gospel in each nation, pursuing the Christian impact upon societies so that they are more just and more compassionate.

Rom 9.6 It is not as though God’s word had failed. For not all who are descended from Israel are Israel. 7 Nor because they are his descendants are they all Abraham’s children... 10.1 Brothers and sisters, my heart’s desire and prayer to God for the Israelites is that they may be saved... 16 But not all the Israelites accepted the good news... 11.1 I ask then: Did God reject his people? By no means!.. 11 Again I ask: Did they stumble so as to fall beyond recovery? Not at all!.. 23 And if they do not persist in unbelief, they will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again...
26 and in this way all Israel will be saved. As it is written:
“The deliverer will come from Zion;
he will turn godlessness away from Jacob.
27 And this is my covenant with them
when I take away their sins.”
28 As far as the gospel is concerned, they are enemies for your sake; but as far as election is concerned, they are loved on account of the patriarchs.

"Pray for the peace of Jerusalem."

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟707,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

Jews carry in them the Judeo-Christian ethics that western Christian nations were built on. (Jesus was a Jewish Rabbi, the Apostle Paul was a Pharisee etc)

Islam, though claiming an abrahamic title makes no claim to the same world view that Jews and Christians cherish so western nations traditionally favor protection of our elders against our common enemies in Islamist nations.

In short, we have a completely different worldview than a great many Muslims. They don't believe in freedoms and rights under God, which makes a real difference on the ground, therefore our lands versus their lands becomes a necessity for survival.. for many anyway.

Prior to Israel putting up the security fence Israel had approximately 50 suicide bombings a year and well over 2,000 mass shootings - that's what intifada is. Just because Jews lived there.. so America has always defended Israel. It's evil not to.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟312,439.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Sounds like the movie Star Gate with Kurt Russell. I dreamed of movie characters years ago. More recently ive seen things in movies and shows. I prefer not to however. I'm healing from all that I hope.

Love that movie! Interestingly, I had those dreams before I saw the movie. There are many similarities so whoever wrote that story and produced the movie must be inspired.

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Love that movie! Interestingly, I had those dreams before I saw the movie. There are many similarities so whoever wrote that story and produced the movie must be inspired.
I've seen TV imitate such things.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟729,063.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

It is because many are in error regarding end times prophecy. They believe Jesus will rule on earth and there will be a 2nd chance for salvation of the Jews (and others) and this is not the case. When Jesus returns all judgement has been made ... there isn't a 2nd chance after that.

We don't (shouldn't) hate anyone .... salvation is open to all who will come to Jesus until He returns ... ours is to get that message out until He returns.

Reactions: HopeSings
Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟707,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
is because many are in error regarding end times prophecy. They believe Jesus will rule on earth and there will be a 2nd chance for salvation of the Jews (and others) and this is not the case.

I don't believe that and I support Israel.

Im a former Muslim and current Christian and I support Israel.

I supported a two state solution - as opposed to the one Jew-free state Hamas wants even when I was a Muslim.

I have always supported the right for Jews to exist in the land, and I have never believed the things you listed.

It's pretty normal for people to support not exterminating the Jews wherever they are found, regardless of what Islam teaches or whatever the heretics think.

Not murdering people is fairly sane really.

There's no blood libel, everyone there was, for the most part born there. At this point regardless of how anyone feels, this is their home too.

Time to live in peace with the Jewish neighbors... And there's plenty who are fine with that if we could get the religious zealots out of the neighborhood.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟124,202.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

Have you read Romans 9-11?

Upvote 0

HopeSings

May 3, 2024
Ohio
✟8,411.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have you read Romans 9-11?
What about this scripture? How do we see Jews who don't believe in Christ?

2 John 1:9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son. 10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him; 11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.

Upvote 0