How much will I see him? (fiance in Navy)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KGirl

Oct 5, 2003
TN
Visit site
✟16,306.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
John the Engineer said:
Life for Navy wives is not easy, it takes a special type of woman. You're not going to be seeing much because of a few factors.

1) They're in demand of Nuke Engineers right now, so they're spread thin
2) Nuke Reactors don't go "offline" where the Engineers can all leave once you get to port, meaning they're ALWAYS on duty making sure it's all ok. One accident would look really bad for the Navy
3) Navy's being pushed to the limit right now. I'm hearing more and more back-to-back deployments with little to no stand down times. It's unfortunate but the truth.

If you're not married that means going with him will be expensive and difficult. Once you're married it will be a little bit easier, but don't count on having him home for dinner. You need to get to be a part of support groups and find out if you're really ready for the life. It's not normal, but if your love is strong you can make it. God is the only one that can carry your relationship through the "rough seas"
Then WHY did he say that he should be seeing me a good bit?! :scratch:

Upvote 0

AndOne

Deliver me oh Lord, from evil men
Apr 20, 2002
Florida
✟20,928.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
KGirl said:
Then WHY did he say that he should be seeing me a good bit?! :scratch:

Wishful thinking on his part.... Maybe....

Sounds like he doesn't fully know what to expect from his new career at this point - so I wouldn't be angry with him. It looks like you are getting some sound feedback here though.

When you do get married I would advise that you never - and I mean never -complain about the deployment schedules or the separations. I'm sure that your husband will not like the times you are seperated either - but your support of him when he does go - will do more for him than you'll know. When you do get married - by supporting your husband in his career you'll be serving your country in ways you can't imagine. Every military spouse deserves a medal in my opinion.

When it comes time to reenlist/extend - is the best time to voice your concerns on the situation - and seriously consider the option of leaving the Navy. Until that time - the best thing you can do is stand by your spouse as he does his duty.

I wish you all the luck!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.