Health and Fitness Goals

LoveDivine

May 20, 2015
✟192,206.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Since my Christmas break, I've been trying to focus on doing HIT cardio workouts 3-4x a week. I don't have any extreme fitness goals for this year. I'd just like to try to stay consistent with doing some moderate cardio a few times a week for health.

Upvote 0

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
One does not simply give away one's location.
✟244,700.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Was dead tired but managed to get up. Have had my water already, drinking a coffee with a splash of cream, going to buy some nuts and cheese on my break, and take a fifteen minute walk.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟846,656.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I actually just joined a coaching program! We had our first weekly meeting the other evening. I'm on a 2400 calorie per day diet. I need to drink tons more water than I do.

I'll join in with the no more eating out. My goal is to lose the rest of this weight this year!

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟255,285.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
You do not need to exercise to lose weight. Eating the proper human diet and living according to our circadian rhythm is enough.

Actually, its proven that exercising does not work for losing weight.

Therefore, loosing (or keeping the healthy) weight is much more easier than what people think.
Thank you.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,010.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
You do not need to exercise to lose weight. Eating the proper human diet and living according to our circadian rhythm is enough.

Actually, its proven that exercising does not work for losing weight.

Therefore, loosing (or keeping the healthy) weight is much more easier than what people think.

To clear up a potentially major misconception here, you still need to exercise to stay healthy and improve quality of life up to an old age.

Even if exercise does not make you lose weight, you still need exercise for keeping your bones and muscles strong. No miracle diet nor miracle supplements can give you strong bones and strong muscles without exercise.

Having strong bones and muscles helps prevent serious injuries from even minor accidents like bone fracture and helps maintain mobility, independence, vitality and good quality of life up to an old age. Exercise is fundamental to "age-proofing" yourself that is maintaining many physical attributes of youth up to an old age.

Exercise will also boost your "cardiovascular fitness" to a much larger extent possible than diet and other healthy habits alone.

Having strong cardiovascular fitness is key to avoiding Cardio Vascular Disease (CVD) and makes you far more resilient from getting cancer. It will also improve your immune system and even reduce factor that cause aging.

Exercise, together with good diet, good sleep, and healthy thoughts are fundamental to good health and long life. You can't exclude exercise just to make things clear.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟126,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I will try to focus on veggies these next 2 weeks. On the go food that I can have in the snow plow but maybe I can get a crockpot meal in.

Hydration hydration and less sodium caffeine...if that's possible :droplet::sweatdrops::sweetdream:

Last edited:
Reactions: LoveDivine
Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟155,264.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
To clear up a potentially major misconception here, you still need to exercise to stay healthy and improve quality of life up to an old age.

Even if exercise does not make you lose weight, you still need exercise for keeping your bones and muscles strong. No miracle diet nor miracle supplements can give you strong bones and strong muscles without exercise.

Having strong bones and muscles helps prevent serious injuries from even minor accidents like bone fracture and helps maintain mobility, independence, vitality and good quality of life up to an old age. Exercise is fundamental to "age-proofing" yourself that is maintaining many physical attributes of youth up to an old age.

Exercise will also boost your "cardiovascular fitness" to a much larger extent possible than diet and other healthy habits alone.

Having strong cardiovascular fitness is key to avoiding Cardio Vascular Disease (CVD) and makes you far more resilient from getting cancer. It will also improve your immune system and even reduce factor that cause aging.

Exercise, together with good diet, good sleep, and healthy thoughts are fundamental to good health and long life. You can't exclude exercise just to make things clear.
Yes, the right amount of exercise (or any kind of healthy movement) is healthy. The wrong amount of exercise (for example too much of it) or a wrong movement can harm us more than doing nothing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LoveDivine

May 20, 2015
✟192,206.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
When I was getting back into it a few years ago, I started with a base mileage 3 or 4 miles and then added 0.2 each Monday and called it further Monday. I got pretty high by the end of the year in distance. I started with walking 3 years before. One progressive goal I had was to walk to the state line. I dives it 3 different years, 1 time long distance. I'm a 30 min drive from the state line.

I had a plantar rupture on my foot Sept 2022 and gradually I'm getting into consistent walking with a little run in between, but have to be careful for the healing process.
That's a good approach and helps to minimize injuries. It's also nice to set a specific goal like that. It helps with motivation to train consistently. I used to do a lot of distance running years ago, but it has been a long time since I ran consistently. I'm hoping to get back to that.

• Optimistic
Reactions: sampa
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,010.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
When I was getting back into it a few years ago, I started with a base mileage 3 or 4 miles and then added 0.2 each Monday and called it further Monday. I got pretty high by the end of the year in distance. I started with walking 3 years before. One progressive goal I had was to walk to the state line. I dives it 3 different years, 1 time long distance. I'm a 30 min drive from the state line.

I had a plantar rupture on my foot Sept 2022 and gradually I'm getting into consistent walking with a little run in between, but have to be careful for the healing process.

The main obstacle I'm having is gastrointestinal issues. I started having the issue just a month ago. It limits my running distance to just one mile before getting GI. Now I'm able to do 2 miles before getting GI. Hopefully, it goes away completely.

The irony is I don't eat nor drink before and during workouts. I've been working out this whole year in a fasted state. Sometimes I'll drink water for the longest sessions.

Hoping to get to around 7 min /mile running pace at the end of 2024 as my goal this year. I've been cycling a lot this 2023 and took up running last November and been mixing up both running and cycling since. I might add skating as another low impact workout.

I never had plantar issue but I seem to get plantar soreness and even cramping when walking but NOT when running and I'm a forefoot striker. It's weird.

Upvote 0

TheRealAriel

Peach
Mar 27, 2011
✟99,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
So far it’s going well! No cheating on the vegan, alcohol free or soda free thing (though I very much desire to break all three), just went out with my small group yesterday on an adventure, and keeping my 8k steps a day streak! Oh and haven’t had any food out.
IMG_9969.jpeg

Not the most fun month so far but I’m proud of myself for sticking with it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,010.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Ugh, I feel you. I have gi issues, yet to be tested in May. An ENT was saying that's why I have voice issues for the past year. Low impact may be your answer along with a food elimination diet. Have you given up caffeine? I did for one month and saw a difference with a few things.

I've never run for time. I think mixing things up as you mentioned may be best. Keeping yourself moving is important, no matter what you choose.

Once I lose 20 pounds, I think a lot of issues with GI and my voice will get better. We'll see Best if luck to you.

Thanks. Normally, I actually don't have GI. It only ever occurs during running. My other forms of cardio workouts including running upstairs don't trigger GI. It's only triggered when running on flat ground.

Seems to be improving so far. Last night I did 1.5 hr run including warmup and didn't have GI. My run the other day only went 20 minutes before getting GI. The difference was the 20 minute run under fasted state. Last night's run I had a big meal 3 hrs before the run.

• Optimistic
Reactions: sampa
Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟126,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I actually just joined a coaching program! We had our first weekly meeting the other evening. I'm on a 2400 calorie per day diet. I need to drink tons more water than I do.

I'll join in with the no more eating out. My goal is to lose the rest of this weight this year!
How is the coaching program going?

Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟126,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Over 3 miles walking bundled up. Down parka Eddie Bauer, Adidas windbreaker pants with sweatpants like material inside and leggings, thinsilate whool hat with fleece lining, balaclava, smart wool socks and great warm athletic tops. Blessed to have these, my hat is actually 20 yrs now, a gift. Heated gloves were a gift 12 yrs ago, need new ones. And lights were given by a friend coworker sister in Christ and supporter in my wellness journey. Feels like 5 degrees.
1000008311.jpg
1000008326.jpg
1000008324.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0