USA
✟954,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I haven't gotten my feet to the levels of fluidity flexibility I had during November. It's a little by little formula if pushing myself enough to strengthen and watching my intake of food water and sleep.

Does running help or make it worse?

I put my spiritual timeline that I started in 1996 into a shutterfly book. I've bought materials for scrapbooking, but it's a matter of priorities.

The physical books take longer. Check out the Project Life app. You can make them digitally and have them put into a book. It's setup in the app. That may be easier to do in your spare time and it's less expensive.

Getting into my video equipment is one of my priorities this year, it's been set aside the last 15 years. Ahh but gardening season is to begin and iid like to start on resume updates and thinking about what my next career chapter will be. 6 more years till I'm retirement eligible, but I foresee working longer and funding international travel. And who knows, the Lord laughs often at my plans and tells me another I never dreamed.

That sounds like fun. Are you doing general videos or something specific?

I'm looking for a camera now for vlogging. I've taken my time. I needed to understand the platform and what I wanted to share. Not topic wise but how much.

Keep an open mind. Man makes plans but He orders our steps. He may fund your travel in ways you never imagined. I was doing the same. I have to do this and that to fund a label. Then one day He told me how to do it. Just a casual statement I hadn't thought of.

That sounds fascinating! I dream of seeing English gardens and french gardens. I'm interested to see what the Lord hasn't store for you. @bèlla it's great to see you back here and the way the Lord is growing and leading you!!!!!

Thank you sampa. It's good to see you too. I didn't realize you were back. :D

I fell in love with France and the English countryside as child. I never imagined I'd live there. But He's full of surprises.

I realized something after my post. I mentioned the east coast a few days ago in my response to @venksta. My daughter suggested the move this week out of the blue in a text. I need to check the date. That's my other favorite place and where we were planning to go before the Lord pointed us elsewhere.

I admitted in the post that I'd given up my dream school and where I wanted to live in deference to His choice. As I wrote the words tears were falling. Not due to sadness but recalling a difficult moment. It didn't dawn on me until I shared it with you that I'd spoken of it recently, was contemplating the same and my daughter mentioned it too all in the same week.

Maybe it isn't a coincidence.

ETA: I checked. It was same day!!! I posted it on Thursday morning at 8:47 AM and she suggested it that evening.

A friend called me today that her husband works for the university and we'll go on sabbatical in Paris. They were supposed to go in 2020 but of course that changed. She said that they are going to buy a house in the countryside. Which is not usual, but they wanted for raising their family. She hasn't been into gardening but she does go too Farmers markets, like today, and I think that's going to be something that will be soothing for her mentally. We had a discussion about the other benefits of gardening.

That's nice you'll have a blast! The slower pace is good for the psyche. The city is okay. But it isn't a respite. There's too much going on. Getting away is best if you can.

~bella

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟126,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Does running help or make it worse?
I think it's a combination of things. Because I have pushed myself hard at running and had issues while at other times I was able to recover the next day. It's a process. Next year I plan to focus on watersports.
You can make them digitally and have them put into a book. It's setup in the app
Yes, but I'm a print gal. Same with calenders. The spiritual timeline I've been working on has evolved over time. I do my best work in print. I may or may not do it. It's a recent idea.
That sounds like fun. Are you doing general videos or something specific?
Videos I took in the 90s and early 2000s, editing and putting them into something I can save the memories on. And eventually sharing with family or friends from Army and college days.
may fund your travel in ways you never imagined. I was doing the same. I
Yes, the Lord has in the past :) As far as my return to CF, I said I'd take the year off on 2023 and returned in 2024 and then a break during Lent. This is my first year to take a 6 month break from social media. It's nice.
admitted in the post that I'd given up my dream school and where I wanted to live in deference to His choice. As I wrote the words tears were falling. Not due to sadness but recalling a difficult moment. It didn't dawn on me until I shared it with you that I'd spoken of it recently, was contemplating the same and my daughter mentioned it too all in the same week.
Sounds like some tough choices but also exciting. I'm glad you and your daughter are close and making plans to relocate with each other. I'm glad you are obedient and following the Lord's calling. You can't go wrong with following His plans.:prayer:

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟954,655.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I think it's a combination of things. Because I have pushed myself hard at running and had issues while at other times I was able to recover the next day. It's a process. Next year I plan to focus on watersports.

I prayed for your healing during my quiet time. You've endured a lot and already had challenges. I hope your recovery and restoration is swift and you're able to resume the things you enjoy.

Sounds like some tough choices but also exciting. I'm glad you and your daughter are close and making plans to relocate with each other. I'm glad you are obedient and following the Lord's calling. You can't go wrong with following His plans.:prayer:

The matter is settled. It was a wonderful lesson. I asked her where the idea came from and she said it popped in her head out of the blue while she was writing me. It was a confirmation but I didn't realize it at the time.

There's unexpected surprises ahead for us all. If we trust the Lord we'll get there and it won't be too late. Good luck with the garden and all your projects! May the Lord comfort you as you heal and renew your fellowship. :)

~bella

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: sampa
Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟126,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Good luck with the garden and all your projects! May the Lord comfort you as you heal and renew yoir fellowship. :)
Running out for more seeds, plus bulbs and solar glasses now.
I prayed for your healing during my quiet time. You've endured a lot and already had challenges. I hope your recovery and restoration is swift and you're able to resume the things you enjoy.
Thank you! It is my dream and desire to be whole again :prayer: :hug::)And my faith disciplines restored.

• Optimistic
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟126,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Finished a walk run 5 k today with my mom. She hasn't done one since 2020 with me. And is interested in doing another. We are thinking about going 4 and 1/2 mi south of here for one as a family trip in June.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟126,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Never had 107 hrs till full recovery. Nice weather and want to get myself to full running by June so I can trim time for a workout with a friend that is faster. We have an outdoor workout planned after work.

I'm not a sprinter, but since I've had my set back, since I'm walking and running, I've been learning new ways of working out and building muscle. Speaking of which, building muscle is one of my goals this year. At least one time a week and also more cross training, so I don't overuse muscles running before the half in October.

Ordered supplements through a special lab and begin new 90 day diet protocol my naturopathic doctor set. I have to eat 40% protein, which is going to be a challenge. And basically avoid pasta and sugar like the plague. I know it will all help my recovery with exercise and hopefully help my hands, hair growth and maybe if there's a miracle with the homeopathic remedy, my voice.
1000000999.png
1000000998.png

Reactions: LoveDivine
Upvote 0

sampa

Veteran
Oct 6, 2006
Midwest
✟126,753.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Had a tough run on Friday that put me at 5% recovery. Then I did cross training, hiking, sand dunes with @SarahsKnight. I'm sure he's feeling it.

I'm orthotics free and digestion has been getting better. I'll start my 90 day nutrition program this week. I have a test coming up for digestive issues. Treating my voice with homeopathy and speech therapy. Little by little I'm hopeful to get to 4 miles continuous running. Thank you Lord for small victories.
1000001066.png
1000001067.png
1000001068.png
1000001069.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟1,001,370.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Than I did cross training, hiking, sand dunes with @SarahsKnight. I'm sure he's feeling it.

Actually not at all. It was strenuous during, yes, but for the rest of the day, I felt quite ... healthy, for lack of a better term. I feel like I leveled up after that exercise, as they would say in RPG's. ^_^

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟301,870.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
My main form of exercise in the last couple of months has been inline skating within the apartment grounds. It's proving to be as effective cardio exercise as running or cycling in losing or maintaining weight and can be fun.

Although I skate differently to maximize the exercise value. For example, I quickly accelerate to running speeds, immediately followed by "active braking" as if skating backwards to slow down to a full stop and then quickly accelerating again to repeat. That and learning some basic tricks.

The negative is falling a lot because I never skated my whole life so I'm still getting used to it. Though there are positives in falling because it teaches you how to fall gracefully.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums