timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,447.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Dark brown sugar is made with molasses. It has extra added hence the color. I use unsulphured molasses. Blackstrap is too strong and has a noticeable after taste that differs from the brown sugar we're accustomed to.

I prefer steel cut oats but my daughter enjoys baked oatmeal. You can add anything and its very filling.

Most countries have strict rules on imports. I'd send you some if they'd get through customs. That's unlikely unless you carry them in. Maybe there's a few in your area who could use some help. You could offer it in exchange for produce. Negotiate upfront if you do.

There's still the issue of cross pollination. I can use non gmo seeds but if my neighbor doesn't I'll be affected. Because of the pollinators. The company I like tests their seeds yearly for that reason.

Thanks, but I don't think I won't be able to use the seeds, not until we move somewhere else with a backyard. We could sell the apartment and move somewhere else but my sister doesn't want that either.

Anyway, I don't really mind GMO. Like you said about cross pollination, even if we can get pure crops. They won't stay pure for long. Totally fine with me. I already deal with many other things that can cause cancer, other than GMO products!

One of the big secrets to healthy living is keeping stress to a minimum, at least the bad ones anyway.

Reactions: Plenipotent
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟955,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thanks, but I don't think I won't be able to use the seeds, not until we move somewhere else with a backyard. We could sell the apartment and move somewhere else but my sister doesn't want that either.

Why won't she sell? Does your mother agree?

One of the big secrets to healthy living is keeping stress to a minimum, at least the bad ones anyway.

Very true.

Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟849,218.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Had my annual drs appointment today! My cholesterol dropped over 40 and the doctor says I am in excellent health. She affirmed that the diet and lifestyle changes I’ve made have made a big impact. I’m feeling really encouraged.
Amazing! Praise God!

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,447.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Why won't she sell? Does your mother agree?

Very true.

It will literally kill my sister if we disagree on anything. She has hypertension and could risk heart attack or stroke and we don't want that.

One of the reasons I do relatively intense exercise. Hoping that it will somehow make up for the pollution, GMO's, toxic chemicals, and stresses in our environment.

Upvote 0

mojoboy31

Kitchen Ninja
Oct 19, 2014
One does not simply give away one's location.
✟245,800.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Helping out at another Vision Center today. Homemade coffee with ice, a splash of cream, no sweeteners.

20230814_100338.jpg

Upvote 0

TheRealAriel

Peach
Mar 27, 2011
✟100,993.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I've started some plank, pushup, and wall sit challenges. It's been quite some time since I did a challenge. I forgot how tough they are haha
They are tough but I find them so motivating! I think you inspired me, I’m going to find a couple challenges to try too!

Reactions: LoveDivine
Upvote 0

Plenipotent

Aug 16, 2023
Massachusetts
✟12,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
And you'll be healthier if you buy your food from the farmers market instead of the grocery store. Because the soil is dead. You're not getting the nutrients from fruits and vegetables anymore.

I find this incredibly fascinating, as I'm currently exploring the idea of transforming my backyard into a big food garden. Who needs grass when your entire lawn could be herbs! I've been delving into biblical teachings about farming and producing crops, so a lot of the information you've given about cross pollination and GMO's has been an awesome addition to that knowledge. The notion of soil nutrients hadn't crossed my mind before, and I'm kind of kicking myself for not considering it sooner, given how much sense it makes. I'm definitely going to dig deeper into this as a personal research project. Your tip has been so helpful, thank you!

I hope to read more from everyone in the future! Great job on everyone's progress, it's been very uplifting to read!

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

TheLastGeek

Lovable Mess
May 19, 2023
Dover
✟35,139.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I really hate "working out". Rarely do I feel motivated, energized, and keen to stand in my bedroom and repeat movements over and over for 30 minutes. I absolutely despise being hot and sweaty. I try to muster grateful thoughts like, "Hey, at least I'm healthy and capable enough to get up and do these things", but that doesn't help much, lol.

Sometimes I feel all spunky and feisty and ready to sweat, and then I feel great afterwards. But not often. I think maybe I should just listen to my brain and body more often, instead of forcing myself to exercise when I really, really, REALLY don't feel like it. Because then it's a chore, and not a pleasant one at that. And that's not helping me find motivation to keep doing it.

I love being active in ways where I'm doing something ELSE in the process. Not just standing in place and repeating movements. Things like hiking, long walks, swimming, dancing. I think I'm going to focus more on enjoying these whenever I can, on the days where I consider a traditional "workout" and feel repulsed by the idea, lol.

/randomthoughts

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟156,849.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My goals are to be most of the time in ketosis or close to it (<30g of carbohydrates a day), while keeping plants to be about 50% of my plate and saturated fats to be relatively low.

From time to time to switch to carbohydrates to keep my body to be able to deal with a high carb diet.

Limiting junk food to very rare occasions. No alcohol.

Once a month, a 3 day water/tea fast.

Regular strength exercise to keep and grow muscles.
Update. After a lot of studying and discovering that many anti-meat and for-plants recommendations are rather ideology than science, I am trying carnivore.

Feeling good, energy levels stable, no pains, no sensitivities (I had commonly after various plants) etc. But loosing too much fat (too visible veins). If I will not find out how to keep more body fat, I will have to add some plants again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TheLastGeek

Lovable Mess
May 19, 2023
Dover
✟35,139.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Update. After a lot of studying and discovering that many anti-meat and for-plants recommendations are rather ideology than science, I am trying carnivore.

Feeling good, energy levels stable, no pains, no sensitivities (I had commonly after various plants) etc. But loosing too much fat (too visible veins). If I will not find out how to keep more body fat, I will have to add some plants again.
For whatever it's worth, my best friend has been doing carnivore (allowing himself cheat days and meals for special occasions) for a month or so. He loves it. He feels great, he's lost weight, he has no cravings and doesn't feel deprived of other foods at all. There's a lot of testimony out there from people (mostly men, for whatever reason; maybe the meat-eating aspect appeals to males more?) who swear that the carnivore diet is the best thing that ever happened to them.

I don't think that promoting the eating of fruits and vegetables is anti-science whatsoever, since I believe God gave us all things edible to do just that; eat them and enjoy them (in moderation and with sense, of course).

I do think we live in a culture that is deeply entrenched in horribly over-processed "dead" foods that are packed with chemicals, preservatives, salt, and sugar. And the more we move towards fresh, locally sourced, unprocessed stuff, like fresh meat, fruit, vegetables, etc, the better we'll all feel.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟955,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I find this incredibly fascinating, as I'm currently exploring the idea of transforming my backyard into a big food garden. Who needs grass when your entire lawn could be herbs! I've been delving into biblical teachings about farming and producing crops, so a lot of the information you've given about cross pollination and GMO's has been an awesome addition to that knowledge. The notion of soil nutrients hadn't crossed my mind before, and I'm kind of kicking myself for not considering it sooner, given how much sense it makes. I'm definitely going to dig deeper into this as a personal research project. Your tip has been so helpful, thank you!

Study Genesis and devote much time to unpacking the Kingdom principles He presents. Heaven is a kingdom and so is earth. That's our starting point. It's difficult for people born in democracies to understand the concept. God is the King and His law is absolute. Everything in the kingdom belongs to Him. We've been given dominion through sonship to rule (as kings) on the earth. But the earth is a territory (of the King) and subject to Him.

Whenever the king acquires additional land he places a representative in the area to impart his laws and customs to the citizens. He never hails from the place he's sent. He hails from the Kingdom. In like fashion, we have a Governor (the Holy Spirit) who does the same. The governor has no opinion or agenda. He only conveys the king's wishes.

My diet is the result of the Governor's input. He told me what to eat and what I should avoid. I expanded on His directives through reading and experience on an organic farm. I adopted new practices on His suggestion and others as an outgrowth of previous changes.

I surrendered to His will for my health and appearance and He gave me a standard. It doesn't matter what I like or what appeals to my palate. The more I submit the more He talks and the healthier I become. He's had me reduce and remove many things.

Divine health is my right as a Kingdom citizen. His realm is a commonwealth. The common wealth is available to all when we seek the Kingdom first and its righteousness. And all these things...our health, provisions, relationships, etc. will be added to us.

God doesn't recognize religion nor did He start one. He recognizes kingdoms. If you want the King's hand in your health you must view your life through His principles and follow His directives. If the Governor says leave it alone do what He says. Because disease--dis ease--is cumulative. It takes awhile to appear and when it does the solution is harder than restraint.

You may receive a specific word on occasion but in most instances an idea is the result. The garden may be the starting point then you'll add new foods and preparations. You may start preserving or explore herbalism for homemade remedies. You'll add more with time if you persist.

I rarely go to the doctor and my visits are years apart. He's my Physician and I respect my temple. That's the Governor's home. When you think along those lines everything shifts. Good luck on your garden.

~bella

• Love
Upvote 0

Plenipotent

Aug 16, 2023
Massachusetts
✟12,117.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Study Genesis and devote much time to unpacking the Kingdom principles He presents. Heaven is a kingdom and so is earth. That's our starting point. It's difficult for people born in democracies to understand the concept. God is the King and His law is absolute. Everything in the kingdom belongs to Him. We've been given dominion through sonship to rule (as kings) on the earth. But the earth is a territory (of the King) and subject to Him.

Whenever the king acquires additional land he places a representative in the area to impart his laws and customs to the citizens. He never hails from the place he's sent. He hails from the Kingdom. In like fashion, we have a Governor (the Holy Spirit) who does the same. The governor has no opinion or agenda. He only conveys the king's wishes.

My diet is the result of the Governor's input. He told me what to eat and what I should avoid. I expanded on His directives through reading and experience on an organic farm. I adopted new practices on His suggestion and others as an outgrowth of previous changes.

I surrendered to His will for my health and appearance and He gave me a standard. It doesn't matter what I like or what appeals to my palate. The more I submit the more He talks and the healthier I become. He's had me reduce and remove many things.

Divine health is my right as a Kingdom citizen. His realm is a commonwealth. The common wealth is available to all when we seek the Kingdom first and its righteousness. And all these things...our health, provisions, relationships, etc. will be added to us.

God doesn't recognize religion nor did He start one. He recognizes kingdoms. If you want the King's hand in your health you must view your life through His principles and follow His directives. If the Governor says leave it alone do what He says. Because disease--dis ease--is cumulative. It takes awhile to appear and when it does the solution is harder than restraint.

You may receive a specific word on occasion but in most instances an idea is the result. The garden may be the starting point then you'll add new foods and preparations. You may start preserving or explore herbalism for homemade remedies. You'll add more with time if you persist.

I rarely go to the doctor and my visits are years apart. He's my Physician and I respect my temple. That's the Governor's home. When you think along those lines everything shifts. Good luck on your garden.

~bella

I have to admit, I'm not personally aiming to embrace a healthier lifestyle through farming; my motives are quite different. However, I'm certainly not opposed to it! This whole topic is truly captivating, and I'm absolutely going to heed your suggestions. If the outcome leads to better health, that's an incredible bonus and victory. Your way of expressing this resonates with me, and I'm fully on board.

Thank you so much! I might reach out every now and then for more advice as I dive into various things, if that's alright with you, of course! I read your earlier messages about making your own brown sugar, and I found that really intriguing. I don't use it too frequently, but the next time I need some, I'm definitely giving it a shot. Your guidance here has been absolutely fantastic, and I'm planning to share it with a couple of friends who've been showing interest in adopting healthier lifestyles.

:full:

• Friendly
Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟955,045.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thank you so much! I might reach out every now and then for more advice as I dive into various things, if that's alright with you, of course! I read your earlier messages about making your own brown sugar, and I found that really intriguing. I don't use it too frequently, but the next time I need some, I'm definitely giving it a shot. Your guidance here has been absolutely fantastic, and I'm planning to share it with a couple of friends who've been showing interest in adopting healthier lifestyles.

:full:

When I read your message I felt that was the right response and hope it blesses you. I don't log in often and will be away for a while. I trust the Lord will guide your steps and provide the answers as they arrive. Thank you for your kindness.

God bless.

~bella

Last edited:
  • Prayers
Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟156,849.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
For whatever it's worth, my best friend has been doing carnivore (allowing himself cheat days and meals for special occasions) for a month or so. He loves it. He feels great, he's lost weight, he has no cravings and doesn't feel deprived of other foods at all. There's a lot of testimony out there from people (mostly men, for whatever reason; maybe the meat-eating aspect appeals to males more?) who swear that the carnivore diet is the best thing that ever happened to them.

I don't think that promoting the eating of fruits and vegetables is anti-science whatsoever, since I believe God gave us all things edible to do just that; eat them and enjoy them (in moderation and with sense, of course).

I do think we live in a culture that is deeply entrenched in horribly over-processed "dead" foods that are packed with chemicals, preservatives, salt, and sugar. And the more we move towards fresh, locally sourced, unprocessed stuff, like fresh meat, fruit, vegetables, etc, the better we'll all feel.
I also noticed that after being on a lion diet (beef and water), I lost taste for any sub-optimal food like poultry, fruit, vegetables. I agree with many people out there that I feel better without eating plants. Though most people are practicing the diet because of obesity, I practice it because of my perfectionism, I want to eat what is the best to eat and because I notice many allergic reactions to many plants, joint/muscle/stomach pains, bad regeneration after exercise etc.

Plants are full of chemicals that cause inflammation and harm, both naturally and from our agriculture. Grains being the worst for many people. And those chemicals and their impact accumulate over time, so as people age, they get the common chronic diseases from it.

Because I want to stop loosing the body fat, I will probably need to add at least some (fermented) dairy or some berries, I am experimenting with it currently. Forest berries are supposed to be the least harmful of fruits and historically the most natural for my area (central Europe).

I do not plan to ever return to grains and 99% of vegetables, though. The difference in life quality without them is too great.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟156,849.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
enjoy them (in moderation and with sense, of course).
This advice we all hear from childhood is actually (when one thinks about it) very unnatural. Nobody told a lion to eat meat only in moderation or to a cow to eat grass only in moderation. They eat until they are full.

Eating in moderation applies as a necessity when one eats a harmful food that is not natural for his body. So one must limit a specific harm and malnutrition from one plant by eating dozen of others, changing one for another frequently. Or else he would die or get sick quickly.

Also, with food that is not designed for us, its too easy to overeat, mainly with sugars. The hunger/being full signals do not work properly with these kinds of food (who will eat just xxx grams of water melon, because of the sugar content? Our brain simply does not know how to deal with that food).

And regarding processed food, manufacturers literally conspire how to go around our signals of being full, while maximizing taste and addiction. Their profit is not caused by our moderated eating/drinking of their sugary products. Its so unhealthy that the moderation intake would be close to 0 anyway.

P.S.: I know the context of your advice was just about fruit, but my thoughts went to more general waters; Yes, I will probably need to add some fruit in moderation. Not so much because of what is in fruit, but because fruit seem to be a signal to body that its time to store more fat ("its summer, prepare for winter").

Last edited:
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟313,447.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Also, with food that is not designed for us, its too easy to overeat, mainly with sugars. The hunger/being full signals do not work properly with these kinds of food (who will eat just xxx grams of water melon, because of the sugar content? Our brain simply does not know how to deal with that food).

Sugars and carbs are not the "devil" here.

While it's true they will mess you up but only if you have the "wrong engine" like topping up a diesel truck with gasoline.

If you have a mostly sedentary lifestyle, then the analogy fits.

But if you are very physically active, then these sugars and carbs will fuel the physical activity and they are far superior fuel than protein.

In fact, every study out there will tell you if you run a long distance marathon or cycling event, protein is probably the worst fuel. Carbs and sugar is still the best followed by fat (medium chain triglycerides). Protein should only be taken several hours before the event and after but not within that time period.

It may sound strange I'm talking about long distance marathons but "strangely", our bodies are in fact designed for running long distances without tiring!

If most people can't run long distances or literally die trying is because of sedentary lifestyle which is really the aberration. It isn't the norm, it isn't natural. A mostly sedentary lifestyle is the "devil" here, not the sugar nor carbs. Sugar and carbs is fuel to make use of, not a poison to get rid of. But of course, it can become a poison if you have the "wrong engine" for it like a mostly sedentary life.

I'm not saying you start training for and joining marathons but perhaps, we're not originally meant to go around in cars but rather to run around on foot. Not just a great way to exercise but to reduce air pollution as well!

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟156,849.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sugars and carbs are not the "devil" here.

While it's true they will mess you up but only if you have the "wrong engine" like topping up a diesel truck with gasoline.

If you have a mostly sedentary lifestyle, then the analogy fits.

But if you are very physically active, then these sugars and carbs will fuel the physical activity and they are far superior fuel than protein.

In fact, every study out there will tell you if you run a long distance marathon or cycling event, protein is probably the worst fuel. Carbs and sugar is still the best followed by fat (medium chain triglycerides). Protein should only be taken several hours before the event and after but not within that time period.

It may sound strange I'm talking about long distance marathons but "strangely", our bodies are in fact designed for running long distances without tiring!

If most people can't run long distances or literally die trying is because of sedentary lifestyle which is really the aberration. It isn't the norm, it isn't natural. A mostly sedentary lifestyle is the "devil" here, not the sugar nor carbs. Sugar and carbs is fuel to make use of, not a poison to get rid of. But of course, it can become a poison if you have the "wrong engine" for it like a mostly sedentary life.

I'm not saying you start training for and joining marathons but perhaps, we're not originally meant to go around in cars but rather to run around on foot. Not just a great way to exercise but to reduce air pollution as well!
I am not sure what is your point, you touched too many topics in one post.

Glucose will run out quite quickly, so its actually a very short term source of energy. Thats why people on a high carb diet must eat several times a day, always snacking something, always hungry. Animal fat is the real source of energy that can sustain human body for a long period of time.

Then, there are other problems with sugar:
a) it feeds cancer cells (cancer cells cannot use fat as energy)
b) it raises insulin
c) causes inflammations

Sugar in fruit is in a complex matrix that slows its absorption down, so its not as bad as in junk food/ junk drinks. But its still far from an ideal meal.

I do not have a car. I do not run marathons.

Last edited:
Upvote 0