Jan 12, 2008
Australia
✟4,479.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Thirdday,

I like your message and agree with your beliefs, and I am trying to work here to the same end but I don't think the fire and brimstone preaching is going to get through to them. It is going to push them away.

Just some friendly advice.

I don't want to disagree with a Star Trek fan :) but I SO disagree with you on this one, Dogbean. No one who has a sexual orientation toward the same gender has anything to repent for. It's most unfair as well as incorrect to use the Bible to condemn people who have done nothing wrong per se.

Upvote 0

Dogbean

Matt 7:24-27 - Standing on the Rock
Jun 12, 2005
Monterey, CA
✟10,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
I don't want to disagree with a Star Trek fan :) but I SO disagree with you on this one, Dogbean. No one who has a sexual orientation toward the same gender has anything to repent for. It's most unfair as well as incorrect to use the Bible to condemn people who have done nothing wrong per se.
Nice post, but I disagree.
First of all, I don't "use the Bible to comdemn people." The Bible speaks for itself. And the Bible clearly states that acting on homosexual urges is the sin. A homosexual who never has homosexual sex is not sinning. A homosexual who gives up his live to Jesus and does not have gay sex is living by the Word. And God, in His infinite power, causes some of these people to give up homosexuality. I have personally seen it.

Upvote 0

3rddaymessenger

Sep 22, 2008
Kamloops BC
✟382.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thirdday,

I like your message and agree with your beliefs, and I am trying to work here to the same end but I don't think the fire and brimstone preaching is going to get through to them. It is going to push them away.

Just some friendly advice.

Appreciate your advise, brother, but it has gone too far in the wrong direction. What does a parent do when a child does something wrong? The first thing to do is show and convince them the thing IS WRONG. The child must first understand that the thing they did was wrong. Then appologies and restitution can be made.

For too long the mushy-gushy, greasy 'grace' shown by well-meaning Christians has caused this filthy perversion to avoid the piercing Light of God's Word.

It is the "goodness of God that leads to repentance", but it is also a "goodness" to show a child clearly that a certain thing is wrong. So that there is no misunderstanding. Because the judgement will be final and drastic...esp. in the case of homosexuals.

When and if certain gay individuals acknowledge their wrong-doing...the mercy of God and His power will be there to restore. Long ago when they were still ashamed to "come out of the closet", there was still some semblance of humility to work with. But it has gone beyond that.

We have a bigger mess to prove wrong and clean up then we should, but that's the condition of things now. We have some drastically seared consciences to deal with.

And it is not so much that I expect a lot of change...just "holding forth the Word of Life in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation" as instructed. God bless. I hope you understand.

Reactions: Dogbean
Upvote 0

Dogbean

Jun 12, 2005
Monterey, CA
✟10,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
Appreciate your advise, brother, but it has gone too far in the wrong direction. What does a parent do when a child does something wrong? The first thing to do is show and convince them the thing IS WRONG. The child must first understand that the thing they did was wrong. Then appologies and restitution can be made.

For too long the mushy-gushy, greasy 'grace' shown by well-meaning Christians has caused this filthy perversion to avoid the piercing Light of God's Word.

It is the "goodness of God that leads to repentance", but it is also a "goodness" to show a child clearly that a certain thing is wrong. o that there is no misunderstanding. Because the judgement will be final and drastic...esp. in the case of homosexuals.

When and if certain gay individuals acknowledge their wrong-doing...the mercy of God and His power will be there to restore. Long ago when they were still ashamed to "come out of the closet", there was still some semblance of humility to work with. But it has gone beyond that.

We have a bigger mess to prove wrong and clean up then we should, but that's the condition of things now. We have some rastically seared consciences to deal with.

And it is not so much that I expect a lot of change...just "holding forth the Word of Life in the midst of a crooked and perverse generation" as instructed. God bless. I hope you understand.
Fair enough...I see what you are saying. Rock on then! I'd take a more middle of the road approach....not fire and brimstone, but not mushy gushy either.

Upvote 0

jamielindas

When given the option, choose love and compassion
Jan 30, 2008
✟16,274.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
It only takes one Scripture to judge, condemn and destroy the wickedness of homosexuality. Deut. 20:13

lovely choice....
isn't this the bit that precedes instruction to take the women to use for yourself?

20:14 But the women, and the little ones, and the cattle, and all that is in the city, even all the spoil thereof, shalt thou take unto thyself; and thou shalt eat the spoil of thine enemies, which the LORD thy God hath given thee.

The women, children and cattle are now property of the christians that slaughtered their warriors? lovely....

Upvote 0

jamielindas

Jan 30, 2008
✟16,274.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Nice post, but I disagree.
First of all, I don't "use the Bible to comdemn people." The Bible speaks for itself. And the Bible clearly states that acting on homosexual urges is the sin. A homosexual who never has homosexual sex is not sinning. A homosexual who gives up his live to Jesus and does not have gay sex is living by the Word. And God, in His infinite power, causes some of these people to give up homosexuality. I have personally seen it.

I see... so i'm not gay if i'm celibate... is there a statute of limitation on that?
I'm not having gay sex RIGHT NOW... does that make me straight right now?

So is it BEING gay that is the sin or acting on it? I get conflicting responses on this one.

I too have seen people so pressured by their religion that they have given up their sexuality. I believe catholic priests come to mind... that worked out so well didn't it... oh wait...

Upvote 0

3rddaymessenger

Sep 22, 2008
Kamloops BC
✟382.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I see... so i'm not gay if i'm celibate... is there a statute of limitation on that?

So is it BEING gay that is the sin or acting on it? I get conflicting responses on this one.

I too have seen people so pressured by their religion that they have given up their sexuality. I believe catholic priests come to mind... that worked out so well didn't it... oh wait...

Would really be best for you to get total deliverance so that you can be a productive, righteous person in God's Kingdom. You need healing..spirit, soul and body.

Upvote 0

jamielindas

Jan 30, 2008
✟16,274.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Would really be best for you to get total deliverance so that you can be a productive, righteous person in God's Kingdom. You need healing..spirit, soul and body.

And I'm fine with you thinking that I need healing...

Scream and yell and pound your fists all you like; Call me names and condemn me to hell; Use all the fire and brimstone language you feel is appropriate.

as long as you don't put that into some kind of law...I'm still a citizen of the USA and deserve equal protection/treatment/rights under the law

Upvote 0

3rddaymessenger

Sep 22, 2008
Kamloops BC
✟382.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
And I'm fine with you thinking that I need healing...

Scream and yell and pound your fists all you like; Call me names and condemn me to hell; Use all the fire and brimstone language you feel is appropriate.

as long as you don't put that into some kind of law...I'm still a citizen of the USA and deserve equal protection/treatment/rights under the law
The Law of God supercedes all other laws. The "perfect Law of liberty" condemns your SIN and offers deliverance, unless you choose judgement...He will accomadate that too.

The Word condemns unrepentant sinners to hell, not me.

Upvote 0

Dogbean

Jun 12, 2005
Monterey, CA
✟10,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican

I would not base anything on what the catholic church says or does; they have so much stuff screwed up they got their own problems. The Bible seems to teach that people that engage in homosexual sex or sodomy are in sin. I've already explained it to you.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jamielindas

Jan 30, 2008
✟16,274.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
The Law of God supercedes all other laws. The "perfect Law of liberty" condemns your SIN and offers deliverance, unless you choose judgement...He will accomadate that too.

So have you repented for all the laws of lev that you've broken? have you made enough sacrifices? Taken the lives and land of non-believers?

I'm going to pick living my life as is.... if God has a problem with that, he can I can chat later.

Upvote 0

jamielindas

Jan 30, 2008
✟16,274.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
I would not base anything on what the catholic church says or does; they have so much stuff screwed up they got their own problems. The Bible seems to teach that people that engage in homosexual sex or sodomy are in sin. I've already explained it to you.

I'm fine with your beliefs saying that I'm living in sin.

However, my point about the priests was to illuminate the fact that the more you try to control people, particularly their sexuality, the more you push them to actual deviant(directly harmful to themselves or others) behavior.

Upvote 0

3rddaymessenger

Sep 22, 2008
Kamloops BC
✟382.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
So have you repented for all the laws of lev that you've broken? have you made enough sacrifices? Taken the lives and land of non-believers?

I'm going to pick living my life as is.... if God has a problem with that, he can I can chat later.

Thought that was your attitude, and what you wanted to do all along. As long as you know the Truth....God is thoroughly justified in His Judgements! Even by nature itself...you are left without excuse! Romans chapter 1

Upvote 0

jamielindas

Jan 30, 2008
✟16,274.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
Thought that was your attitude, and what you wanted to do all along. As long as you know the Truth....God is thoroughly justified in His Judgements! Even by nature itself...you are left without excuse! Romans chapter 1

as long as you don't plan on making it law...
i think we're on the same page... good for us to coming to an agreement

Upvote 0

Dogbean

Jun 12, 2005
Monterey, CA
✟10,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Politics
US-Republican
I'm fine with your beliefs saying that I'm living in sin.

However, my point about the priests was to illuminate the fact that the more you try to control people, particularly their sexuality, the more you push them to actual deviant(directly harmful to themselves or others) behavior.
That is because people, if left on their own without God's intervention, are naturally inclined toward evil.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

jamielindas

Jan 30, 2008
✟16,274.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Democrat
That is because people, if left on their own without God's intervention, are naturally inclined toward evil.

that's the opposite of what i said. Please reread my post...
.... people like autonomy and lash out when they are controlled...

also... define what you mean by evil in your post. Were you going with my definition of deviant (directly harmful to oneself or others) or...?

Upvote 0

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
Matthew 7:23 "And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from Me, ye that work iniquity."

God only receives worship and service from those who worship in spirit and in Truth; those who are true born-again individuals who honor the Truth set forth in the Bible. Those who are willing to "come to the Light" so that their deeds can be exposed, seen for what they are and dealt with.

You may be able to frolic and play around here, but not in God's true Church...the Body of Christ. In Christ is all things pure and original...true to nature as purposed by God.

All else is an abomination.
The irony of this post is that the verse above more often applies to the fundamentalist trying to use it as an argument. Fundamentalists put on their flashy shows of spouting Biblical verses, and claiming the necessity of being saved by Christ, and yet they follow nothing he ever taught. Prejudice, bigotry, hate, self-righteousness, pride, judging, etc. All typical characteristics of a fundamentalist - all opposed by God. Ironic indeed.... :scratch:

Upvote 0

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat
It only takes one Scripture to judge, condemn and destroy the wickedness of homosexuality. Deut. 20:13
Hmm, if we're going to play that game:

Deu 22:11¶Thou shalt not wear a garment of divers sorts, [as] of woollen and linen together.

It only takes one scripture to judge, condemn, and destroy the wickedness of polyester and cotton! Destruction is upon you for such an abomination.

Upvote 0

Jase

Feb 20, 2003
✟10,432.00
Faith
Messianic
Politics
US-Democrat

The "law of God" states that we are to obey our government. The government offers, life, liberty, justice, and the pursuit of happiness for all.

Upvote 0

3rddaymessenger

Sep 22, 2008
Kamloops BC
✟382.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
The "law of God" states that we are to obey our government. The government offers, life, liberty, justice, and the pursuit of happiness for all.

Governments will also be judged by God's Word. Nations are under judgement. That's why I say,"Be careful who sanctions your lifestyle because you will be judged by God...according the bible!"

Upvote 0