Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Yet the NT puts them on the same footing as all mankind; I.e., salvation is only by faith in Jesus Christ.

Keeping in mind that Paul received his teaching from Jesus Christ (Gal 1:11-12), he being the real teacher there of the Jews' conditional (not guaranteed) salvation (Ro 11:23).
We”re just going to have to wait and see how it all plays out.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟282,016.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I would say it goes both ways. Remember, it was the Jews who first persecuted the believers, their fellow brethren. It still lingers today with the ADL’s attempt to dominate the Goyim who avow “Christ is King.” To this day, Jews disown their own family members who avow Christ.

As I said, the northern tribes mixed with the Gentiles to become Christians with more regularity than the Jews. Christ is the cause of the enmity between the two kingdoms.

And the LORD said unto me, Cast it unto the potter: a goodly price that I was prised at of them. And I took the thirty pieces of silver, and cast them to the potter in the house of the LORD. Then I cut asunder mine other staff, even Bands, that I might break the brotherhood between Judah and Israel. (Zechariah 11:13-14)​

I say then, Have they stumbled that they should fall? God forbid: but rather through their fall salvation is come unto the Gentiles, for to provoke them to jealousy. (Romans 11:11)​

Matthew 27:1-10 maintains Zechariah prophesied the first advent. The jealousy persists until Christ returns.

Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in mine hand… And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land: And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all. (Ezekiel 37:19, 21-22)​

The body of Christ commences the joining of the two kingdoms, which is consummated when Christ returns. In essence, all Israel shall be saved (Romans 11:26); it is finished when Christ returns; it doesn’t begin as dispensationalists believe.

God did not replace his people as Supersessionists believe, and neither did he stop feeding them as dispensationalists hold. Everything is fulfilled exactly as the prophets predicted.
The NT reveals that the body of Christ, the church is, and always has been, God's plan for his one people.

Galatians 6:16 is the only verse that is used to prop up the teaching/Doctrine of Supersession.

Let’s evaluate its context...

May peace come to all those who follow this standard, and mercy to the Israel of God! From now on, let no one cause me trouble, because I bear on my body scars for the cause of Jesus. Brothers, the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.
Galatians 6:16-18 - Bible Gateway passage: Galatians 6:16-18 - Holman Christian Standard Bible

Paul immediately separates those he’s addressing in this salutation from “the Israel of God”.
The "Israel of God" (in contrast to the "Israel according to the flesh," 1 Co 10:18) is the
1) new creation (born again), including believing Jews (v. 15, Ac 13:32-34, 1 Pe 2:9); i.e., the NT church made up of believing Jews and Gentiles (Gal 3:16),
2) new seed of Abraham and the heir according to the promise (Gal 3:29; see Ro 9:6, Php 3:3).
In all of Paul’s gentile letters, he binds circumcision with Abraham.

The issue here is that Abraham wasn’t of the Body of Moses... (Jude 1:9). And for the record, please evaluate Jude 1:9 as Satan is contending for “THE BODY of Moses” with Michael (Defender of Israel, per Daniel 12:1). The context of Satan contending over the corpse of Moses is beyond ridiculous. This is just one of many references to the Tribes of Jacob/Israel (Not Abraham) being called the people of Moses.

If Israel is bound to Moses... which Scripture affirms, even in John 1 and beyond... as Jew and Gentile, saved by the DBR, are bound to Christ, as Ephesians 2 SPECIFICALLY states... why now does the doctrine of Supersession appear, IMO, to ignore painstaking efforts on the Apostles parts to maintain that Israel is Israel and the BOC is the BOC?

All perspectives welcome.

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟199,232.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Does he not also bind all those of faith in Jesus Christ with Abraham (Gal 3:29)?

Isn't that from an Apocryphal work (The Assumption of Moses), not regarded as divinely inspired?
And doesn't the "body of Moses" there refer to Moses' actual physical body?

Except for the one olive tree of God's people, both Jew and Gentile, in Ro 11:16-23, and both OT and NT saints in the church (Heb 12:22-24)?
I believe that Gal 6:15 shows us what verse 16 really means !!

dan p

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟282,016.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Think about that... The King who tore the curtain of the Holy place. The very one who is peace to the Jew and Gentile. There is now one tree, but has God abandoned literal Israel? Why did God allow an intentional Partial Hardening, as enunciated by many NT passages? It will end in ONE TREE, but it is currently still broken, even according to Paul, in Romans 11.

Remember when Jesus curses the "fig tree"?
Is the one tree of God's people broken (Ro 11:7), or have some branches just been cut off?
The tree is functioning well.

Time does not stand still for Christ-rejecting Jews.
Those who die in unbelief are condemned (Jn 3:16), as are the rest of unbelieving mankind.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟92,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Is the one tree of God's people broken (Ro 11:7), or have some branches just been cut off?
The tree is functioning well.

Time does not stand still for Christ-rejecting Jews.
Those who die in unbelief are condemned (Jn 3:16), as are the rest of unbelieving mankind.
All I can say, is that Joel 3 and Zechariah 14 are about THE GREAT DAY OF THE LORD, and there’s some interesting reading in there.

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟282,016.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
All I can say, is that Joel 3 and Zechariah 14 are about THE GREAT DAY OF THE LORD, and there’s some interesting reading in there.
Keeping in mind it must be understood in the light of Jesus' teaching, where Jn 3:18 governs all:
"Whoever believes in the Son is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already."

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟92,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Keeping in mind it must be understood in the light of Jesus' teaching, where Jn 3:18 governs all:
"Whoever believes in the Son is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already."
Interesting, Mysterious reading in there… :p

What if I told you that I have a FRIEND, in High Places… that is the best advocate for the condemned that has ever “LIVED”. :D

Upvote 0

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟282,016.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Interesting, Mysterious reading in there… :p

What if I told you that I have a FRIEND, in High Places… that is the best advocate for the condemned that has ever “LIVED”. :D
Does your FRIEND not clearly state that those who do not believe in him are condemned already? (Jn 3:18)

Mystery = something never before revealed; e.g., the incarnation, the death of Christ, God's purpose to sum up all things in Christ, God's purpose to include a remnant of both Jews and Gentiles in the NT church; i.e., the kingdom, or the change that will take place at the resurrection.

The Advocate is only for the physically living condemned.
Man dies once, and after that faces judgment (Heb 9:27) on his belief or unbelief.
There is no second chance at saving faith after death, there is only judgment.

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟92,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Does your FRIEND not clearly state that those who do not believe in him are condemned already? (Jn 3:18)

Mystery = something never before revealed; e.g., the incarnation, the death of Christ, God's purpose to sum up all things in Christ, God's purpose to include a remnant of both Jews and Gentiles in the NT church--the kingdom, or the change that will take place at the resurrection.

The Advocate is only for the physically living condemned.
Man dies once, and after that faces judgment (Heb 9:27) on his belief or unbelief.
There is no second chance at saving faith after death, there is only judgment.
These folks called “Jews” thought gentiles were damned.

You act as if God doesn’t come with surprises! :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Clare73

Blood-bought
Jun 12, 2012
North Carolina
✟282,016.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟92,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Relevance?

I find all surprises are revealed in his word, and consistent with all his word.

Does God change the over-all meaning of his word in Scripture?
That’s exactly what the Jews said! :p

Upvote 0

Grip Docility

Nov 27, 2017
North America
✟92,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
So what was the answer regarding changing the over-all meaning of God's word, understood in the light of the words of God the Son?
I’ve been being silly… I’ve been at a cook off and up past 36 hours straight. :p

• Haha
Reactions: Clare73
Upvote 0