Does the law set us free?

F

from scratch

Thank you for sharing your opinion.

As for that list of well-known Sunday Promoting sources that condemn the "Ten Commandments are dead" idea - hmmm what list would that be??

The "Baptist Confession of Faith"
The "Westminster Confession of Faith"
The Catholic Catechism
D.L. Moody
R.C Sproul
Andy Stanley
Thomas Watson

What do they say?

"Besides this law (The TEN Commandments), commonly called the moral law, God was pleased do give the people of Israel ceremonial laws containing several typical ordinances. These ordinances were partly about their worship, and in them Christ was prefigured along with His attributes and qualities, His actions, His sufferings and His benefits. These ordinances also gave instructions about different moral duties. All of these ceremonial laws were appointed only until the time of reformation, when Jesus Christ the true Messiah and the only lawgiver, Who was furnished with power from the Father for this end, cancelled them and took them away.
The "Baptist Confession of Faith"

And then you "quote nothing" and you "link to nothing" in this empty claims about BugKiller addressing the Baptist Confession of Faith. Why keep doing that as if someone is actually snookered by it? Who do you suppose goes for it?? me??? If you have an actual point in that regard - feel free to actually post it.

Otherwise it appears that you simply could not find the support you hoped for.

in Christ,

Bob

Bugkiller had already been quoted. I see no value in quoting him in every post responding to your nonsense.

Upvote 0

14messenger

Jan 1, 2007
✟1,761.00
Faith
Christian
Uh... huh, so stoning a guy to death for picking up sticks is love.... gotcha ;)

Love thy neighbor. Turn the other cheek. Have yourself hung on a cross despite the deeds of others. Take wrong. Be punished. Endure the pain. I am with you always. Welcome that stoning and cursing and gossip against you and know that I stand beside you and endure all that you endure.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟928,690.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Love is for all.

Indeed and Paul was pretty clear on the Christian affirming the Word of God - the Law of God - yes even the Commandments of God.

As we all know --Paul says this.
[FONT=&quot]
1. Paul never commands gentiles to "Love God WITH ALL your heart".
2. Paul never commands gentiles "not to take God's name in vain"
3. Paul never commands gentiles to ignore the writings of Moses.
4. Paul DOES tell gentiles that Moses' writings are still authoritative scripture in 1Cor 9:8-9 and 1Tim 5:18 and binding as being "Law" and as being "scripture".
5. Paul quotes Moses TEN Commandments Eph 6:2. Full 5th commandment
6. Paul DOES teach that there remains therefore a "Sabbath rest for the people of God" Hebrews 4.
7. Paul DOES tell gentiles that "what matters is KEEPING the Commandments of GOD" 1 Cor 7:19
8. Paul does tell gentiles "it is not the HEARERS of the Law that are just before God but the DOERS of the Law will be justifIED... on the day when according to my GOSPEL God will judge all mankind" Rom 2:13-16
9. Paul DOES ask that gentiles consider the doctrine of LAW "Do we then make void the LAW of God by our faith? God forbid! In fact we establish the Law of God" Rom 3:31
10. Paul DOES tell gentiles that it is only the lost who will "not subject themselves to the LAw of God neither indeed CAN they" Rom 8:6-8
11. Paul DOES tell gentiles that "The Law" is in fact "The LAW of Moses" and is to be used for testing doctrine 1Cor 9:8-9
12. Paul DOES tell gentiles that the OT text is to be used for Doctrine 2Tim 3:16
[/FONT]

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟928,690.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Bugkiller had already been quoted. I see no value in quoting him

Apparently you don't have a quote or even a link to a quote of Bugkiller even talking about the Baptist Confession of Faith - much less helping you with the point -- in your post-after-post talking about it - you fail to find a quote, a link,... a point?

I notice that when people have a point - they are quick to post it.

I think I can help you if you are simply looking for somebody that "said something" in response to the actual Baptist Confession of Faith - references here - I think VictorC "said something". Why not look?

in Christ,

Bob

Upvote 0
F

from scratch

Apparently you don't have a quote or even a link to a quote of Bugkiller even talking about the Baptist Confession of Faith - much less helping you with the point -- in your post-after-post talking about it - you fail to find a quote, a link,... a point?

I notice that when people have a point - they are quick to post it.

I think I can help you if you are simply looking for somebody that "said something" in response to the actual Baptist Confession of Faith - references here - I think VictorC "said something". Why not look?

in Christ,

Bob
Here's the deal for me you repost so much so often I don't read it any more. All the color makes it even more unreadable. The general list is what I'm referring to. You quoted from of those sources in the formal debate with Bugkiller. So you can talk religion all you wish and I'll stick to the Bible with exception to some of your quotes pushing religion for salvation. Essentially its nothing different than the traditions of the Jews Jesus dealt with from the Pharisees. It invalidates God's Word known as the Bible or the Scripture.

Upvote 0