Did You Know...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faithful1

Jun 5, 2002
✟338.00
Faith
Christian
Did you know that God loves you so much that he sent Jesus Christ to to earth to die on the cross and shed His blood to take the punishment that you and I deserve for our own sins??

Did you know that this SINLESS CHRIST took the blame for what we did and we get off SCOTT FREE ? !
Yes, GOD laid on Jesus the punishment that is justly due you and me so that we could be forgiven and spent ETERNITY WITH GOD!:clap:

-That's what the bible says-:bow:

Would you take the rap for someone who committed a crime?
Would you take someone else's sentence for something you never did , even if it meant DEATH? -- Probably NOT -- unless you loved that person very much!
But GOD commends HIS love toward us in that while we were still sinners Christ died for us.

The Bible says, "God laid on Jesus the iniquity of us ALL". NOT just the iniquity of one or two, BUT OF ALL! (Isa.53:6)
WHY?
Because He loved us and wanted us to spend eternity with Him!:wave:

Celeste

Mar 3, 2004
missouri
✟290.00
Faith
Christian
TheThirdLink said:
Do you know that the devil has already been defeated!! Jesus did this when He laid down His life for us by dying on the cross for our sins and defeating death.(You see, the devil loves death and he wants to blind and fool all he can so he can torment them forever in his hell. )
So God is a Gracious God in that He lets us do our own choosing. Jesus victory is that He rose from the dead after three day's and is now sitting at the right hand of the Father at the throne, Waiting , for us.
Now you say, that you don't believe that Christ rose and is alive? Why not, He is God, and He can do whatever he wants. And He absolutely did that! So, now we see a simple answer. It is the condition of Faith! Yes, Faith! In Christ, that He did that. He did it for us. His Love is beyound our understanding and I am happy that He is the only true and living God. To put our hope in anything else is death with the devil as our tomentor. So since we have given the world a chance, how about giving God a try. After all He is the creator of everything. Have you seen these buda's and other false gods that cannot talk , cannot walk, can't listen to our petitions. Well, people put faith in a false god by putting there faith in some "dummy" that can't hear what you say? because it is a dummy. Well I pray that you get it! And take an interest in the hereafter and the part you are going to play in it.

A prayer:

Dear Father,
Thank you for the sacrafice you made for us, so we could live eternally with you in your kingdom, where everything is perfect and it is never ending. Bless you dear God for your caring for us even thought we didn't deserve it. Thank you for the food we eat, the roof over our heads, and the clothes we wear. Thank you for everything. Father hurry and stamp out all the evil., and put the devil where he belongs. He already knows he is defeated. In Jesus name. Amen.

Upvote 0

Celeste

Mar 3, 2004
missouri
✟290.00
Faith
Christian
Celeste said:
Do you know that the devil has already been defeated!! Jesus did this when He laid down His life for us by dying on the cross for our sins and defeating death.(You see, the devil loves death and he wants to blind and fool all he can so he can torment them forever in his hell. )
So God is a Gracious God in that He lets us do our own choosing. Jesus victory is that He rose from the dead after three day's and is now sitting at the right hand of the Father at the throne, Waiting , for us.
Now you say, that you don't believe that Christ rose and is alive? Why not, He is God, and He can do whatever he wants. And He absolutely did that! So, now we see a simple answer. It is the condition of Faith! Yes, Faith! In Christ, that He did that. He did it for us. His Love is beyound our understanding and I am happy that He is the only true and living God. To put our hope in anything else is death with the devil as our tomentor. So since we have given the world a chance, how about giving God a try. After all He is the creator of everything. Have you seen these buda's and other false gods that cannot talk , cannot walk, can't listen to our petitions. Well, people put faith in a false god by putting there faith in some "dummy" that can't hear what you say? because it is a dummy. Well I pray that you get it! And take an interest in the hereafter and the part you are going to play in it.

A prayer:

Dear Father,
Thank you for the sacrafice you made for us, so we could live eternally with you in your kingdom, where everything is perfect and it is never ending. Bless you dear God for your caring for us even thought we didn't deserve it. Thank you for the food we eat, the roof over our heads, and the clothes we wear. Thank you for everything. Father hurry and stamp out all the evil., and put the devil where he belongs. He already knows he is defeated. In Jesus name. Amen.
When Jesus says, "Come to me" he dosen't say come to religion, come to a system, or come to a certain doctrine. This is a very personal invitation to a God, an invitation to a Savior.

In essence, Cristianity is nothing more, nothing less than a desire and an effort to see Jesus, that's all it is.We're trying to catch a glimpse of a man, not a program, not a plan, not a system, not a doctrine. We're trying to see a man who called himself the Son of God.

Our God is not aloof- he's not so far above that he can't see and understand our problems. Jesus isn't a God who stayed on the mountaintop- hes a savior who came down and lived and worked with the people. Everywhere he went, the crowds followed, drawn together by the magnet that was-- and is-- the Savior.

The life of Jesus christ is a message of hope, a message of mercy, a message of life in a dark world.

Blessed Lord and god, we come to you, aware that you have pierced our world. you became flesh, you dwelled among us, you saw us in our fallen state, you reached in and pulled us out. You offered us salvation, you offered us mercy, and we are ever thankful. Amen.

Upvote 0

devoted daughter

Mar 14, 2004
✟14,195.00
Faith
Christian
Faithful1 said:
Did you know that God loves you so much that he sent Jesus Christ to to earth to die on the cross and shed His blood to take the punishment that you and I deserve for our own sins??

Did you know that this SINLESS CHRIST took the blame for what we did and we get off SCOTT FREE ? !
Yes, GOD laid on Jesus the punishment that is justly due you and me so that we could be forgiven and spent ETERNITY WITH GOD!:clap:

-That's what the bible says-:bow:

:pray: AMEN! :pray:

Upvote 0
N

netal

Celeste said:
When Jesus says, "Come to me" he dosen't say come to religion, come to a system, or come to a certain doctrine.This is a very personal invitation to a God, an invitation to a Savior.

In essence, Cristianity is nothing more, nothing less than a desire and an effort to see Jesus, that's all it is.We're trying to catch a glimpse of a man, not a program, not a plan, not a system, not a doctrine. We're trying to see a man who called himself the Son of God.

Blessed Lord and god, we come to you, aware that you have pierced our world. you became flesh, you dwelled among us, you saw us in our fallen state, you reached in and pulled us out. You offered us salvation, you offered us mercy, and we are ever thankful. Amen

:amen: Thank you so much for that! :prayer:

Upvote 0

Celeste

Mar 3, 2004
missouri
✟290.00
Faith
Christian
I hope it is ok to put this down here. If not please tell me how to do it elsewhere. thank you and God bless you!

Surrender

In our 'bootstrap' society, where you tough it up and do it on your own and take pride in being a rugged individualist, the one thing that seems to escape us is being before God on our knees-- bing before God, aware that we are helpless and allowing Him to assist us.

Can you say Jesus, "This burden's too heavy for me. I want you to carry this burden with me, I cannot do it any longer. "He says if you will come to Him if you'll allow him to carry that burden with you, His promise is that you will receive rest.

Surrendering our life to Christ means going to him and saying, "I'm yours; use me however you want to ." Once you've done this, you can begin to seek lhis will for your life.

Once we're honest with ourselves about who we are, then God can begin to remold our hearts... in total surrender.

Father, we invite your assistance and guidance and powerful indwelling, because we do not have the strength to be transformed into your likeness and not be comformed to this world, May we understand more of what it means to say, "Its well with my soul." sweet Jesus name Amen

Upvote 0

Celeste

Mar 3, 2004
missouri
✟290.00
Faith
Christian
Consecration 1st corinthians6;19-20
Ye were bought with a price; glorify God with your body. 1st Corinthians-6:20

We belong to God, we are not our own. "Whether we live, we live unto the Lord; or whether we die, we die unto the Lord; whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's"

God has a threefold right to us. He has created us, He has redeemed us. He has sanctifies us.

What a price was paid for us that we might belong wholly to God!

When sin had robbed God of that which by right was His, we were redeemed. Bought free, by the holy and precioous blood of Christ, who gave His life as a ransom for us.

Here we see the reason why we should glorify God in our body. To do this means that we use our hands for deeds of love, our feet to go on errands of righteousness, our eyes to see things that are good and beautiful, our ears to hear the truth.

O God, I thank you for the body Thou hast given me. Teach me how to care for it as a temple of the Holy spirit and to use it to Thy Great Glory, for Jesus sake. Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wonderingaboutaname

Feb 21, 2004
United States
✟193.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Celeste said:
I hope it is ok to put this down here. If not please tell me how to do it elsewhere. thank you and God bless you!

I would not have a clue if it is "okay to put this down here" however everything you are saying is interesting.

Upvote 0

Celeste

Mar 3, 2004
missouri
✟290.00
Faith
Christian
Well someone else started this thread. and I don't have a clue as to where to put these. but I don't want to take anyone else's work from them. you know what I mean? I am computer stupid so that is why I am asking.Any way I am happy you find them interesting to read. If they help just one person, I am glad

Christ, yesterday and today, the beginning and the end,
Alpha and Omega;
His are the seasons and the ages,
To Him glory and dominion through endless ages, Amen.

By His wounds, holy and glorious, may guard and preserve us, Christ the Lord, Amen.

INDEPENDENCE DAY

The truth shall set you free..John 8:32
The declaration of independence name's liberty as one of the rights God has given to all men.The constitution promises such rights as freedom of speech and the right to vote. It protects our freedom to worship God in our own way.
This freedom is not the same as the personal liberty we hear so much about. "I want to be free," we say. That is all right if we have sound ideas of what freedom means. There is a liberty that is a sham, and there is a liberty that is true.They are mistaken who think this is a country where every man may do what he pleases. If this were so, our land were far from being a "sweet land of liberty."
It is a sham freedom that says, "You are free to think, say, and do what you like. Live your own life. Let your self go. Do not be dazzled by it. It is really slavery. It is bondage to one's own will, to one's appetites, desires, and passions. Jesus say's, Whosoever commiteth sin is a slave of sin.
Set your hearts on the real freedom, the freedom to become all that you can become.Thank God for the many blessings and privileges our national liberty gives us. But it can not free us, if we are slaves to sin. Only Christ can set us free. "If the Son shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed."

God, our Father, we thank you for our country and for the freedom we enjoy. Be Thou the defunse of our nation. May we seek her welfare by living true to Thee, through Jesus Christ. Amen.

PRAYER'S CAN'T BE ANSWERED UNLESS THEY ARE PRAYED
life without puropse is barren indeed- There can't be attainment unless there's a goal. And man's but a robot unless there is a soul...
If we send no ships out, no ships will come in, and unless there's a contest, nobody can win....
For games can't be won unless they are played; and prayers can't be answered unless they are prayed....
So whatever is wrong with your life today, You'll find a solution if you kneel down and pray not just for pleasure, enjoyment and health, Not just for honors and prestige and wealth....
But pray for a purpose to make life worh living, And pray for the joy of unselfish giving, life's purpose the choice of the Lord.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.