Yorktown VA
✟183,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for the additional information! Do you know if Justin Martyr wrote on kosher dietary laws in particular?

You could read the entire dialogue, but I do not believe so.

Reactions: Kilk1
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟182,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Actually I can’t find the quote in his epistle to the Philippians. The blog says it’s in chapter 6 but it’s not in that chapter. I don’t know if this person got the chapter wrong or if they have the wrong epistle but I can’t find it where it is said to be in their cite.

This is the claim

Teachings Against the Biblical Dietary Laws of Clean and Unclean Meats

Early part of second century A.D.—Epistle of Ignatius to the Philadelphians, ch. 6. The author states that one who adheres the biblical dietary laws “has the apostate dragon dwelling within him.”

Here’s the epistle

Epistle of Ignatius to the Philippians
It's an easy mistake to make, and I ran into the same problem when trying to find the quote.

There's a letter from Ignatius to the Philippians, and one to the Philadelphians.

We want the Philadelphia gang.

So the quote is there on that same website. Scroll down to chapter 6.
The Epistle of Ignatius to the Philadelphians

• Friendly
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟182,749.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This blog has a lot of errors in it. I see two references to Ignatius’ epistle to the Philippians that are misquoting him. What the blog claims to be written in the epistle in chapter 6 in two places is not there and it makes a false claim that Constantine changed the day of worship from Saturday to Sunday. All Constantine did was issue the Edict of Milan which made Christianity legal and that wasn’t even the same year they quoted. They claim it took place in 321 bit the Edict of Milan took place in 313. It also makes a false claim that Easter celebration began at the council of Nicaea which is incorrect because the discussion about Easter at that council was to declare exactly which date everyone was supposed to be worshipping on because the church in Alexandria had been worshipping it on the wrong day. This just shows that the celebration of Easter predated the council of Nicaea. This blog is definitely seventh day adventist propaganda and the information contained in it doesn’t appear to be reliable.
Yes, the blog just came up in the search results on DuckDuckGo. It seemed like a good starting place since it contained lots of quotes.

Again, easy mistake to make, my eyes did the same thing. It's the letter to the Philadelphians we want.

• Friendly
Upvote 0

The Liturgist

Traditional Liturgical Christian
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2019
The Wild West
✟485,044.00
Country
United States
Faith