Country
United States
Faith
Generic Orthodox Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
No, no confusion on my end.

I go by God's Word and praying the rosary is not biblical

Again, that has nothing to do with my factual statement that Luther, Cranmer and Wesley are not reformed theologians as you inaccurately claimed, nor did I say that any of them, or Calvin, prayed the Rosary.

There is, by the way, an Orthodox objection to the Rosary although it is not the one you are making, but it might surprise you to learn I don’t pray the Rosary.

But I am not sure you understand what the Rosary actually is, or is not, since you seem to be confusing it with the Hail Mary prayer, which Martin Luther did pray.

Also, God’s Word is Jesus Christ, according to John ch. 1 verse 1. It is extremely important we not confuse the Word with scriptures, which are inspired writings about the Word, but not the incarnate Word Himself.

Upvote 0

RocK Guy

Apr 4, 2024
Kansas
✟1,711.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
It is extremely important we not confuse the Word with scriptures

What Jesus says, He had written down and is known as scriptures.

The whole reason WHY the Lord had His Word printed was so we would know what He has said to mankind.

This is why the Bible is known as the Word of God because it's HIS Word as in what the Lord says.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,256,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Not much in scripture about her contributing anything other than being Jesus's momma
What does it mean to you that Mary was 'Jesus's mamma'? I'm curious because you previously used the language of 'she was nothing more than a vessel' and 'other than the Lord using her body for Him to be born into a physical Body'. If I said my mother was nothing more than a vessel I think I would get smacked. Same if I said of my mother that I used her to be born into a physical body. Those are just not normal ways of referring to mothers. So please clarify further.

• Agree
Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,256,581.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
What does it mean to you that Mary was 'Jesus's mamma'? I'm curious because you previously used the language of 'she was nothing more than a vessel' and 'other than the Lord using her body for Him to be born into a physical Body'. If I said my mother was nothing more than a vessel I think I would get smacked. Same if I said of my mother that I used her to be born into a physical body. Those are just not normal ways of referring to mothers. So please clarify further.
Does Rock Guy have any answers for this question? What is it to be the mamma of Jesus? Just a rental womb?

Reactions: The Liturgist
Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟78,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟78,060.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
What does it mean to you that Mary was 'Jesus's mamma'?
He had to come from Mary because He inherited the throne of David making Him King of Jerusalem. He was fully human and fully God.

Upvote 0