Dayton OH
✟96,548.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They ran Biden because they had no one else. Now, they don't have anyone really. Is the Republican Party in trouble? Yes. Are it's problems as existential? No. Plenty of new politicians that seem to appeal to both Christians and those tired of government corruption are increasingly popular on the right. DeSantis is a good example in spite of his failed campaign....campaigns are difficult, Trump lost his first one pretty badly as well.
I was hoping for DeSantis as well, he dropped out before I had the chance to vote for him.

The GOP is in transition from the "Washington Generals"- Mitch McConnell - "roll over and scratch my belly", globalist party to hopefully a party that fights for the American people.

The Democratic party is doubling down on "we know what's best for you" -poking the bear of their own citizens, hoping for some kind of violent reaction, for a martial law excuse.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟442,204.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
This Trumpish attitude that "if my candidate lost there must have been cheating" is Un-American.

You don't really believe that...

Many Americans believe Trump or Putin or Trump and Putin somehow cheated Hillary out of a victory, and there's no evidence of that.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟442,204.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I was hoping for DeSantis as well, he dropped out before I had the chance to vote for him.

The GOP is in transition from the "Washington Generals"- Mitch McConnell - "roll over and scratch my belly", globalist party to hopefully a party that fights for the American people.

The Democratic party is doubling down on "we know what's best for you" -poking the bear of their own citizens, hoping for some kind of violent reaction, for a martial law excuse.

It's odd to see people praise corporations and celebrities for repeating their political mantras, agree entirely with the the news media that caters entirely to party in power, seek to punish political opponents both in court and socially, and at the same time...believe they're fighting fascism.

• Love
Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟287,712.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You don't really believe that...

Many Americans believe Trump or Putin or Trump and Putin somehow cheated Hillary out of a victory, and there's no evidence of that.
Putin disseminating misinformation only sways those foolish enough to believe it and then vote. I am talking about the voting and election process within our system.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟442,204.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Putin disseminating misinformation only sways those foolish enough to believe it and then vote.

Did he though?

The information from Hillary's hacked emails was "information" not misinformation....or disinformation...

Those were facts, though perhaps you were thinking of something more specific.

I am talking about the voting and election process within our system.

Foreign interference in favor of a particular candidate isn't "cheating"?

How about domestic interference?

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟442,204.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Do you have a significant example?

In his 155-page ruling, Doughty wrote: "The Plaintiffs are likely to succeed on the merits in establishing that the Government has used its power to silence the opposition. Opposition to [COLOR=var(--color-progressive)]COVID-19 vaccines[/COLOR]; opposition to COVID-19 masking and lockdowns; opposition to the [COLOR=var(--color-progressive)]lab-leak theory of COVID-19[/COLOR]; opposition to the validity of the 2020 election; opposition to President Biden's policies; statements that the [COLOR=var(--color-progressive)]Hunter Biden laptop story[/COLOR] was true; and opposition to policies of the government officials in power. All were suppressed. It is quite telling that each example or category of suppressed speech was conservative in nature. This targeted suppression of conservative ideas is a perfect example of [COLOR=var(--color-progressive)]viewpoint discrimination[/COLOR] of political speech. American citizens have the right to engage in free debate about the significant issues affecting the country."[COLOR=var(--color-progressive)][15]https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murthy_v._Missouri#cite_note-15[/COLOR] He continued: "If the allegations made by plaintiffs are true, the present case arguably involves the most massive attack against free speech in United States' history. The plaintiffs are likely to succeed on the merits in establishing that the government has used its power to silence the opposition."[COLOR=var(--color-progressive)][14]https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murthy_v._Missouri#cite_note-nytimes_doughty-14[/COLOR]

I'd say that qualifies....perhaps also this...

The CIA shouldn't be doing that stuff....framing candidates for collusion with Russia in attempt to help Hillary win.

These are just two examples of course, and the first one this administration tried to legitimize by creating a "Ministry
Of Truth" that would overtly do all the illegal things they were doing covertly in the lawsuit above. I know that the mainstream media's attempt to equivocate on the "Twitter Files" hearings was pointing out Trump's request to get a post from Chrissy Teigan removed was successful and therefore "everyone was doing it" (which is true, most elected officials requested certain posts about them that were insulting/harassment in violation of TOS be removed) is another example of just how much the mainstream left wing outlets cover for Biden. I'm sure you'll agree there's a massive difference between elected officials requesting posts be removed because....

A. They violate existing TOS and would arguably be removed for anyone on the social media platform, if I recall correctly, Chrissy Teigan's post was simply a string of insults and swear words.

And...

B. They disagree with a narrative that the government or federal administration is trying to push like, for one example, the idea that Covid came from a wet market or, for another example, there is a crisis at the border involving mass human trafficking and exploitation.....or even that Biden's lack of campaign appearances are connected to his declining cognitive abilities....or that there's real need for children to be vaccinated since so few die after contracting covid and the vaccines effectiveness wears off mere months.

Those are wildly different types of posts for the government to request the platform remove. Imagine if Trump said that the moon was made of cheese and began demanding anyone who posted in disagreement (especially if they had facts to support their disagreement) have their posts removed or even be banned from the platform while simultaneously telling these social media companies that should they fail to moderate their content in accordance with government wishes, regulations and threats of lawsuits were in their future.

The first example may be petty but it's not really on the level of illegality. The second example (example B) has long since been ruled as illegal for the government to do as it's essentially just a 1st amendment violation by proxy (SCOTUS has longstanding rulings against the government doing this to the press for example...for obvious reasons) and when done on the scale which the Democratic Party (though the Republicans undoubtedly participated in this to some extent) and Biden administration in particular have done....I think we can agree that this would constitute "election interference"....right?

I mean, if a few Russian trolls writing fake news stories and spreading rumors online through Facebook groups were considered election interference....it's hard to imagine what sort of viewpoint excuses this sort of disinformation and misinformation spreading by our own government, press, and tech companies as something less than election interference.

I hope that explains it well enough but if you want specific examples I can provide those as well. I imagine if you only read left wing sources, this is all pretty unbelievable but the evidence is vast and the case is sitting before the SCOTUS. If I remember correctly, I think the government pressed its own case involving these social media companies in order to limit its own liability in this case or outright prevent tech companies from having any responsibility for what is said on their public platforms as a hail mart attempt to legalize the pressure they exerted on the companies themselves.

Thank goodness for the separation of powers and lifelong SCOTUS appointments....right? Otherwise the federal government could try to pressure the SCOTUS with threats of investigations or have justices removed over ethical complaints, etc.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums