Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think it's absolutely fair to assume everyone has lied and will probably lie again at some point.

Then in those instances, they were liars. It's really not all that complicated.

Biden either lied, or was grossly misinformed about one of the biggest issues for voters. Either way, it doesn't look good.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟149,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Then in those instances, they were liars. It's really not all that complicated.

Biden either lied, or was grossly misinformed about one of the biggest issues for voters. Either way, it doesn't look good.
They only care when Trump lies, they think Biden means well

• Winner
Reactions: hislegacy
Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟138,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Well, I guess he is a "well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory". So he's got that going for him.

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟149,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, I guess he is a "well-meaning, elderly man with a poor memory". So he's got that going for him.
They say reports on his debilitating mental condition are just exaggeration and propaganda and besides they would rather have someone who is not all there than someone like Trump

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟376,017.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
All I've been working toward suggesting in this thread is that the label of "liar" is either a word that should be applied to everyone because everyone lies OR there needs to be SOME kind of standard of egregiousness and frequency.

I am quite aware that, at BEST every politician on the planet plays fast and loose with the truth around their performance.

I DO care about what people lie about though. I do figure he probably forgot but ultimately I don't really care about a lie that is complete encapsulated in the past and doesn't actually harm or endanger anyone.

But sure. Biden lied. What an evil person.

But this thread is about Biden NOT Trump. So please don't bring up Trump here.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟149,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
All I've been working toward suggesting in this thread is that the label of "liar" is either a word that should be applied to everyone because everyone lies OR there needs to be SOME kind of standard of egregiousness and frequency.

I am quite aware that, at BEST every politician on the planet plays fast and loose with the truth around their performance.

I DO care about what people lie about though. I do figure he probably forgot but ultimately I don't really care about a lie that is complete encapsulated in the past and doesn't actually harm or endanger anyone.

But sure. Biden lied. What an evil person.

But this thread is about Biden NOT Trump. So please don't bring up Trump here.
Inflation went to 9% about a year after Biden took office, maybe that’s what he was thinking of

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟376,017.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
They say reports on his debilitating mental condition are just exaggeration and propaganda and besides they would rather have someone who is not all there than someone like Trump
I'm pretty sure the line is "We would rather one of the more sentient cabbages were elected than Trump".

Personally, I'd put Biden miles ahead of a sentient cabbage. He's managed to accomplish a fair bit and I'd hate to think that the Republican Party could be bested by a cabbage.

But perhaps you think less of the Republican party....

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟149,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm pretty sure the line is "We would rather one of the more sentient cabbages were elected than Trump".

Personally, I'd put Biden miles ahead of a sentient cabbage. He's managed to accomplish a fair bit and I'd hate to think that the Republican Party could be bested by a cabbage.

But perhaps you think less of the Republican party....
They haven’t impressed me lately

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟719,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I believe a more accurate opinion would be a bag of hammers -

BTW - your sentient cabbage is behind in the polls

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟719,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

NY Post editorial board scolds Biden for telling ‘a lie a minute’ during ‘fantasyland’ CNN interview​

Alas the sentient cabbage is being fact checked and it's not going well

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
✟376,017.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens

NY Post editorial board scolds Biden for telling ‘a lie a minute’ during ‘fantasyland’ CNN interview​

Alas the sentient cabbage is being fact checked and it's not going well

Instead of quoting MSN....(not sure why), I went straight to the source:
Biden tells a lie a minute during CNN interview

Seems pretty clear that the nypost is not used to fact checking. It seems to be being checked against the opinions of the board and not the data.

I've only looked at the 15mil jobs created and the Dept. of labour puts it at 14.8. So I'm not sure the "fact checker's claim" that "he created nothing" is going to pan out for people who use numbers instead of opinions.

Don't worry NYPost. You're new at accountability and professional journalism (at least, you seem to demonstrate you are). Keep pluckin' away! You can do it!

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟216,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟719,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've only looked at the 15mil jobs created and the Dept. of labour puts it at 14.8. So I'm not sure the "fact checker's claim" that "he created nothing" is going to pan out for people who use numbers instead of opinions.
Key word that most people have the ability to comprehend - CREATED - look again - Joe did NOT CREATE the jobs - the jobs came back after a global pandemic.

Several fact-checkers say Biden's 15 million new jobs claim is 'misleading'​

Snopes reported on Thursday that Biden's claim is a "mixture" of true and false.​
According to the fact-checking outlet, early data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics found the number of employed individuals increased from around 142.9 million in January 2021, when Biden assumed office, to approximately 157.8 million in February 2024, marking a significant surge of 14.9 million jobs.​
However, the outlet said this apparent growth can be "misleading" without considering the broader context. Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic's onset in the U.S., employment figures stood at 152.3 million in February 2020. In the subsequent two months, however, this number plummeted by 21.9 million to 130.4 million.​

Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟149,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Key word that most people have the ability to comprehend - CREATED - look again - Joe did NOT CREATE the jobs - the jobs came back after a global pandemic.

Several fact-checkers say Biden's 15 million new jobs claim is 'misleading'​

Snopes reported on Thursday that Biden's claim is a "mixture" of true and false.​
According to the fact-checking outlet, early data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics found the number of employed individuals increased from around 142.9 million in January 2021, when Biden assumed office, to approximately 157.8 million in February 2024, marking a significant surge of 14.9 million jobs.​
However, the outlet said this apparent growth can be "misleading" without considering the broader context. Prior to the COVID-19 pandemic's onset in the U.S., employment figures stood at 152.3 million in February 2020. In the subsequent two months, however, this number plummeted by 21.9 million to 130.4 million.​
They also don’t tell you how many are part time jobs or how many went to migrants.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟719,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
They also don’t tell you how many are part time jobs or how many went to migrants.
His handlers need to be careful - this is becoming the 'cry wolf' style scenario. At some point even his closest followers will walk away for not being able to know if what comes out of his mouth next will be truth or some type of fantasy.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟719,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How is ANY of this different to how ANY other president has EVER Stated jobs numbers?
He's the first that his loyal minions believe over fact checkers. He is also the first one in quite some time that the press doesn't call him on it - even in the middle of an interview.

Upvote 0