Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"No president has had the run we’ve had in terms of creating jobs and bringing down inflation. It was 9% when I came to office — 9%," the 81-year-old president said on Wednesday, when inflation was just 1.4% when he came into office in Jan. 2021. It grew to 9.1% in June 2022, 17 months later.​

Biden claims inflation was 9% when he came into office — when it actually was 1.4%​

Does he believe that people don't check in this day and age?

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟43,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Biden claims inflation was 9% when he came into office — when it actually was 1.4%
For his defense: "He later conceded that inflation is "really worrisome to people," but again touted his administration's record on the economy."

I feel that the left and right are ignorant of what their fiscal policies are doing to the American people.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟719,343.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
For his defense: "He later conceded that inflation is "really worrisome to people," but again touted his administration's record on the economy."

I feel that the left and right are ignorant of what their fiscal policies are doing to the American people.
But did he correct his intentional error? Or will this be yet another untruth he repeats over and over?

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟43,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
But did he correct his intentional error? Or will this be yet another untruth he repeats over and over?
No, and time will tell. I won't say he intentionally lied because I don't read minds.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟138,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The actual source is FoxNews. MSN is just an aggregator of news sites.

And?

Perhaps you'd prefer CNN:

Biden said on Wednesday that “no president has had the run we’ve had in terms of creating jobs and bringing down inflation.”
“It was 9% when I came to office. 9%. But look, people have a right to be concerned. Ordinary people.”
Inflation actually peaked at 9.1% in June 2022. In January 2021, when Biden was sworn in, it was 1.4%.

Upvote 0

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟216,843.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And?

Perhaps you'd prefer CNN:

Biden said on Wednesday that “no president has had the run we’ve had in terms of creating jobs and bringing down inflation.”
“It was 9% when I came to office. 9%. But look, people have a right to be concerned. Ordinary people.”
Inflation actually peaked at 9.1% in June 2022. In January 2021, when Biden was sworn in, it was 1.4%.
It isn’t so much who it is as long as it is presented as itself. It’s a bit of perhaps unintentional deception in a post decrying deception.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟138,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It isn’t so much who it is as long as it is presented as itself. It’s a bit of perhaps unintentional deception in a post decrying deception.

What is intentionally deceptive? Biden said that inflation was at 9% when he took office. That's a lie. Full stop.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟43,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What is intentionally deceptive? Biden said that inflation was at 9% when he took office. That's a lie. Full stop.
I know the left always calls Trump a liar now the right is calling Biden a liar. I've said it before BOTH R and D's are liars including the media. Biden won't be able to brag about the economy because unemployment is ticking up and this happens before the recession.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟138,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know the left always calls Trump a liar now the right is calling Biden a liar.

Anyone who lies is, by definition, a liar, regardless of their political affiliation. Biden saying that inflation was at 9% when he took office is a demonstrable lie.

Upvote 0

Laodicean60

Jul 2, 2023
NM
✟43,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Anyone who lies is, by definition, a liar, regardless of their political affiliation. Biden saying that inflation was at 9% when he took office is a demonstrable lie.
You are correct they are liars and I didn't say he didn't. I also know that politicians like to exaggerate their accomplishments which is a form of lying.

Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟376,014.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Well everyone is a liar I guess.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟335,602.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
The actual source is FoxNews. MSN is just an aggregator of news sites.
Agreed. The Fox News channel is proven to be a lying source. And should not be allowed here.

Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟138,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Agreed. The Fox News channel is proven to be a lying source. And should not be allowed here.

What Fox News reported here was 100% accurate. I guess you can try to pretend like it's not because Fox News reported on it, but it won't change the fact that Biden lied about the inflation rate when he took office.

Whether the source is accurate is far more important than who the source is, at least if you care about the truth.

Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

probinson

Legend
Aug 16, 2005
PA
Visit site
✟138,793.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Well everyone is a liar I guess.

Why do you say that?

I mean, yeah, if you tell lies, you're a liar. But I'm not sure it's fair to assume everyone is telling lies.

I suppose if you want to be more charitable, you could say that Biden made a "mistake". But neither one looks all that good. If Biden "mistakenly" thought that inflation was 9% when he took office, then he is woefully misinformed about one of the top issues for voters.

Reactions: BPPLEE
Upvote 0

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟376,014.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
Why do you say that?

I mean, yeah, if you tell lies, you're a liar. But I'm not sure it's fair to assume everyone is telling lies.
I think it's absolutely fair to assume everyone has lied and will probably lie again at some point.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟149,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think he needs to do more interviews like this and hopefully a debate

Upvote 0