bad view of Canada

I LOVE being Canadian. This country is so wonderful! Yes, we have some problems, but what country doesn't? This country is great, and I'm not just talking the beautiful landscape. The people of our country are fantastic as well!!!! I have been from coast to coast and people here are Awesome!

I do wish some things in our country would change, and with prayer we can make those changes. Hey, in case you didn't here, the gov't re-banned the allowance of small amounts of pot yesterday. Small steps, but with prayer all is possible!

Upvote 0

Mavrick JR

Sep 8, 2003
Here
✟339.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hi!! :wave:

Hey, I know this is for people from Canada, but I wanted to say something here. I live in the US, born and raised so far. We live in the north east part of the country, and we're not that far from the border. Sometimes Dad takes a trip to visit Canada, and every time we go there, I love it! The people there are great, at least the ones I meet when we go. I've only met one nasty man there, and he was from the US!! Go figure! ;)

I wanted to tell you all that anytime any one bashes Canada, just tell them that the same thing can be said about the US, or England, or Australia or any other country.

One of the posts said something about seeing the US and Canadian flags flying side by side, and how much his wife likes that. (Sorry, I forgot who said that. :() Anyhow, at our church we fly three flags. The Christian flag, in the center and on a higher pole, the Canadian flag to the north, and the US flag to the south. I asked Pastor why they were like that and he said that God and our faith is higher than any country, Canada was to the north, so it should always fly on the north side, and the US was south of Canada, so it should always fly to the south. Guess that makes sense.

Anyhow, just remember that not all Americans hate Canadians. Hey, for those of us that are saved, we are all brother and sisters in Christ. If we can't get along here, how are we gonna get along in Heaven? ;)

God bless you all!

JR

Upvote 0

Reillz

Sep 19, 2003
Pickering Ontario
Visit site
✟7,770.00
Faith
Christian
Hey what can I say? It's great to be canadian :) About morals though... hmm I don't really care because I don't necesserily disagree with alot of it, but Canada's name is it's diversity, so we can't complain, or what else would we be known for?

Edit: btw im referring gay marriages to our "diversity"

Reactions: wonder111
Upvote 0
coastie said:
To give you an idea of how small Canada seems to us, when my wife first moved to California (which actually has a larger population than the whole of Canada) people would ask things like "Do you know my cousin so~n~so?" As if Canada is just one small town. :)

I hope nobody is bashing Canada around here though. It's unfair to bash any countries "morals" as if the country is just one being instead of millions of independant people.

I have a mug sitting in front of me right now that has three American Flags and Three Canadian flags and in between them it says "Proudly United"

I live just accross the water from Victoria BC, in the US and everywhere you go, you see Canadian Flags standing proudly next to American Flags.

For my wife (who is not yet an American citizen) that is quite meaningful.

I may not agree with Canada's majority's politics, but I often disagree with the US's majority's politics.

I greatly dislike anti-americanism and greatly dislike anti-Canadianism because it does nothing but enflame the rifts that hav been festering between the two nations (needlessly in most cases) for years.

I am extremely proud to be a red blooded American, and very proud to be married to a maple lovin' Canadian.

PS. I never thought that Canadian's lived in Igloos or that they all wore polar bear firs and flanel or even that they all played hockey.

The only thing that I ever really believed (and still do to this day) was that Canada doesn't have much of a military because who would want to invade a place that get's SO DOGGONE COLD ANYWAY! ;)

God Bless Canada.
Well said. :)

Im guessing you live somewhere in the Port Angleles area?

I have found that most Washington State residents seem to be pretty well informed with regards to Canadian culture, seeing as they are right on the border. This also seems to be the case in most other large US cities that I've visited before; Phoenix, San Francisco, Denver, Chicago etc. Generally a well informed population.

However, when you start getting into some of the smaller towns deep into the heart of America, people do have SUCH a jaded view about Canada, it really is quite pathetic. :rolleyes:

I always thought the "Do Canadians live in igloos" type of comments were somewhat feciscious, until I stopped in some smaller towns in states like Tennessee, Missouri and Kansas. People literally looked at you like you were from a different planet when they saw the license plate on your car, and especially when you opened your mouth.

Upvote 0

hermen24

Nov 24, 2003
✟112.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Just because the morals of this country dont agree with yours doesnt mean this country is void of moral. I am a gay christian and take huge offence to those of you who say that because our government is recognizeing same sex marriage rights that we have no morals. It is about time in my opinion that the government not be used as a tool to enforce the opinions of one group of beleifs. The role of government is not to let one group dictate what is moral, rather it exists to ensure EQUAL rights to EVERYONE and not to let the majority rule. Whether or not a majority of Canadians agree or not with same-sex marriage is irrelevant. your beliefs should not have any bearing on my rights. That is what makes Canada a great country. Our laws are not dictated by personal opinions and beliefs, its based on law and equality for everyone regardles of your beliefs. I dont think Jesus would be so quick to exclude as most christians do today.

Upvote 0

joyinchrist

Regular
Nov 12, 2003
at my house
Visit site
✟8,008.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I love Canada!

smiley-6325.png

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

wonder111

Love is the message!
Jul 24, 2003
Visit site
✟9,948.00
Faith
Christian
hermen24 said:
Just because the morals of this country dont agree with yours doesnt mean this country is void of moral. I am a gay christian and take huge offence to those of you who say that because our government is recognizeing same sex marriage rights that we have no morals. It is about time in my opinion that the government not be used as a tool to enforce the opinions of one group of beleifs. The role of government is not to let one group dictate what is moral, rather it exists to ensure EQUAL rights to EVERYONE and not to let the majority rule. Whether or not a majority of Canadians agree or not with same-sex marriage is irrelevant. your beliefs should not have any bearing on my rights. That is what makes Canada a great country. Our laws are not dictated by personal opinions and beliefs, its based on law and equality for everyone regardles of your beliefs. I dont think Jesus would be so quick to exclude as most christians do today.

hey, I agree with you on that
:)

Upvote 0

New Creation

*Practise Promiscuous Charity*
Aug 4, 2003
Visit site
✟5,331.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I love this country so much I was born on July 1st. I won a public speaking contest once with my topic being "The Canadian Identity". I sincerely love being a Canadian. This country has exponential untapped potential.

That's why it breaks my heart to see how apathetic our citizens are and to see our morals sinking in a governmentally sanctioned downward spiral.

I truly believe that Canada will pay for this. We are headed for bigger trouble unless we turn back to God.

Upvote 0

TCapp

Senior Veteran
Jun 24, 2003
✟18,136.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-Others
I'm an American. I've lived in Canada for a bit over 5 years now. I haven't been too pleased by Canada lately, athough the brunt of my displeasure is focused on the government and politics, not the individuals living here. It might also be more of a reflection of my cynicism more than the country itself.

But I'm definitely tired of western Canada getting the shaft, too. And I will defend Canada a little bit. I get disturbed to see a Canadian flag that's tattered and not replaced with a new one. That sort of disrespect sits ill with me.

Paradoxically, while I'm not too interested in being a Canadian, or calling myself such... I'll call myself a Yukoner. Go figger.

Upvote 0
Canada is great - No government is perfect. But some societies are ruled by guns.

Cold is GOOOODDDD. HOot is BBAAAAADDDD.

I would like to know how many of the Canadians here can say they have NEVER held a hockey stick and pushed a puck ???? Not even in elemantary school????

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Breetai

For I am not ashamed of the Gospel...
Dec 3, 2003
✟23,820.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Funny, I get surprised everytime somebody tells me that they have never played hockey. I haven't played in a while, but I have many memories of strapping on a pair of skates, grabbing a stick and hitting the ice. I almost feel bad for any Canadian who has never even skated.

Upvote 0