Dance Me to the End of Love
Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
✟17,997.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I agree with everyone else. I LOVE living in Canada! It is SO beautiful here...and we get some of the best snow in the world:). I personally would not want to live anywhere else but here! But I agree that there are not many morals here and changing the definition of marriage and all is pretty lame. As far as that goes...I still love living here! It is SO peaceful. And the people who do say those things probably do think we live in igloos and don't know what toques are eh...lol. And at least we still have hockey...hockey night in Canada is the BEST form of entertainment!

Upvote 0

sunshine

May 25, 2002
Toronto
✟8,963.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
layne said:
Most people who make snarky comments about Canada also believe we live in Igloos! :D
LOLOL that's hilarious

anyway, I love living in Canada and I honestly can't think of anywhere else I'd rather be. yeah we have issues, but who doesn't? I think the good far outweigh the bad....

Upvote 0

coastie

Hallelujah Adonai Yeshua!
Apr 6, 2002
Central Valley of CA
Visit site
✟8,286.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
To give you an idea of how small Canada seems to us, when my wife first moved to California (which actually has a larger population than the whole of Canada) people would ask things like "Do you know my cousin so~n~so?" As if Canada is just one small town. :)

I hope nobody is bashing Canada around here though. It's unfair to bash any countries "morals" as if the country is just one being instead of millions of independant people.

I have a mug sitting in front of me right now that has three American Flags and Three Canadian flags and in between them it says "Proudly United"

I live just accross the water from Victoria BC, in the US and everywhere you go, you see Canadian Flags standing proudly next to American Flags.

For my wife (who is not yet an American citizen) that is quite meaningful.

I may not agree with Canada's majority's politics, but I often disagree with the US's majority's politics.

I greatly dislike anti-americanism and greatly dislike anti-Canadianism because it does nothing but enflame the rifts that hav been festering between the two nations (needlessly in most cases) for years.

I am extremely proud to be a red blooded American, and very proud to be married to a maple lovin' Canadian.

PS. I never thought that Canadian's lived in Igloos or that they all wore polar bear firs and flanel or even that they all played hockey.

The only thing that I ever really believed (and still do to this day) was that Canada doesn't have much of a military because who would want to invade a place that get's SO DOGGONE COLD ANYWAY! ;)

God Bless Canada.

Reactions: Sun_flwer
Upvote 0

wonder111

Love is the message!
Jul 24, 2003
Visit site
✟9,948.00
Faith
Christian
coastie said:
To give you an idea of how small Canada seems to us, when my wife first moved to California (which actually has a larger population than the whole of Canada) people would ask things like "Do you know my cousin so~n~so?" As if Canada is just one small town. :)

I hope nobody is bashing Canada around here though. It's unfair to bash any countries "morals" as if the country is just one being instead of millions of independant people.

I have a mug sitting in front of me right now that has three American Flags and Three Canadian flags and in between them it says "Proudly United"

I live just accross the water from Victoria BC, in the US and everywhere you go, you see Canadian Flags standing proudly next to American Flags.

For my wife (who is not yet an American citizen) that is quite meaningful.

I may not agree with Canada's majority's politics, but I often disagree with the US's majority's politics.

I greatly dislike anti-americanism and greatly dislike anti-Canadianism because it does nothing but enflame the rifts that hav been festering between the two nations (needlessly in most cases) for years.

I am extremely proud to be a red blooded American, and very proud to be married to a maple lovin' Canadian.

PS. I never thought that Canadian's lived in Igloos or that they all wore polar bear firs and flanel or even that they all played hockey.

The only thing that I ever really believed (and still do to this day) was that Canada doesn't have much of a military because who would want to invade a place that get's SO DOGGONE COLD ANYWAY! ;)

God Bless Canada.

GREAT POST!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

EnterHisgateswithpraise

Following the Word.
Sep 14, 2003
Visit site
✟154.00
Faith
Christian
Canada is a very special place to live ,big, beautiful,and relatively safe, with an excellent standard of living.
If you have been around the world at all, you will then know the blessing it is to live in this great country CANADA!
But Canada is slipping fast, its really a global thing.
Our Prayers can make a difference? Do you pray for our government? they really need it!

Upvote 0
I am a Canadian living in the Persian Gulf. I have never had a higher view of Canada then when I lived somewhere else. Canadians are highly spoken of.
Living in a very international city, and attending a church with over 30 nationalities, I appreciate where I am from.
I do agree though, morals around the world are not only slipping, their plunging!

We need to pray without ceasing.

-Will Rogers

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Road Virus

Atheist n' lovin' it
Sep 16, 2003
Visit site
✟15,193.00
Faith
Atheist
I don't mind living in Canada, but our governmental system has to change. Too much power based in the East, the West has no say. (Can you tell I live in the West). We need equal provincial representation in the Senate and a leader who is elected to his position by the whole country. One thing I can not stand is that our country is essentially an elected dictatorship. Once a party is elected the leader of that party becomes the dictator and anything he says goes. (IE Chretien) Most Canadian are to complacent and won't say anything. It is time for a change.

Upvote 0

SqueakyGerbil

Aug 6, 2003
British Columbia
Visit site
✟15,617.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
CA-NDP
I know this is a bit of a dead post but I just had to say one thing.
I am very proud to be canadian but I do think that a lot of the problems with the govt. are because we have too many people who just don't vote (or pay that much attention during elections).

Upvote 0