Claremore, OK
✟8,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I couldn't believe my luck! I stopped at a Goodwill the other day, just because I needed a parking lot to take a cat nap in, but then decided to first go inside and see if there was anything I might need. A book was not on my list but I love books, so I browsed and found 2 I liked. I was going to walk out then but... WOW, I said, this book (The Courage to Be Free) is already in Goodwill? It was written very recently, either 2023 or 24

So anyway, this book is packed full of information that I did not already have through watching Fox News or other conservative stations (or books I've read). He goes into some detail about the covid debacle, doesn't have a lot of good things to say about Fauci (who does anymore?) and many other issues. Most of what he says about Trump is very good/supportive. The stuff that is slightly not is no big deal, just how Trump said that Florida better vote for him LOL.

I am not done reading but almost, will report back important information, but really, everyone should read it for him/herself. There is only one thing I tended to not whole-heartedly agree w/ him on. Wait, there are 2 things: he didn't think the US should ever try to democratize another country. I somewhat agree, but if there is way to do that, the way should be explored. I think it has largely failed in the countries where it's been tried.

Also, so far he doesn't say anything about the vaccines being bad, but I've read some things about the vax and I would never take it.

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟847,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I hope you're enjoying it, but I'm not surprised it's at Goodwill; it's probably time-bound and irrelevant. In a presidential election year in which he's dropped out, the world has moved on. Who cares what he thinks about Fauci and vaccines? No one's thinking about those right now. What does he think about Russia or Israel? Does he say anything in the book relevant to the current state of affairs? I'm thinking the fact you found it at Goodwill is a sign.

• Agree
Reactions: AlexB23
Upvote 0

Diamond7

YEC, OEC, GAP, TE - Dispensationalist.
Nov 23, 2022
Akron
✟75,369.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
this book is packed full of information
Most books have so much information you could easily write a magazine article with all the info you have. For the most part authors do not know what they are talking about and they like to suck people into their confusion. Perhaps Einstien was the only one to figure it out when he reduced it all down to E=MC2.

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,270,720.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Politics
US-Democrat
I'm not surprised. I live in Florida and see his politics up close. DeSantis's politics are so clumsy that he recently had to walk back the book ban he was in favor of, because it lead to bans of the Bible in libraries. DeSantis had is 5 minutes of noteriety, but voters nationwide have mostly dismissed him as an opportunist trying to ape Trumpian politics.

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Why do you feel all Americans need to read it? It was essentially a "vote for me for President for these reasons" book, and he's no longer a candidate for any office.
You didn't read it or you would have said.

Yet you say it is a Vote for Me book.

oh brother

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I hope you're enjoying it, but I'm not surprised it's at Goodwill; it's probably time-bound and irrelevant. In a presidential election year in which he's dropped out, the world has moved on. Who cares what he thinks about Fauci and vaccines? No one's thinking about those right now. What does he think about Russia or Israel? Does he say anything in the book relevant to the current state of affairs? I'm thinking the fact you found it at Goodwill is a sign.
Well, you probably don't like Jesus

He never wrote a book (one that showed up at Goodwill or not)

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Most books have so much information you could easily write a magazine article with all the info you have. For the most part authors do not know what they are talking about and they like to suck people into their confusion. Perhaps Einstien was the only one to figure it out when he reduced it all down to E=MC2.
Wow, so much negativity over this book! That's rather odd IMO

In this book there was much information that confirmed information I have long known, yet he expounded on what I knew. He did things most politicians do NOT do, namely he stood up for what was right and insisted on working to change what was wrong despite getting nothing but HATE from the liberal media

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm not surprised. I live in Florida and see his politics up close. DeSantis's politics are so clumsy that he recently had to walk back the book ban he was in favor of, because it lead to bans of the Bible in libraries. DeSantis had is 5 minutes of noteriety, but voters nationwide have mostly dismissed him as an opportunist trying to ape Trumpian politics.
I can't comment. I have not heard of him doing any book ban... sounds like terms the liberal media would use anyway

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Why do you feel all Americans need to read it?
massive information (is the short answer)

DeSantis is unique among politicians in my pov: He has core values and does NOT let politics and/or other concerns deter him or side line those values. I always liked him. I like him WAY more and respect him way more after reading what he has accomplished in FL

he'd be great as VP and probably even Ds would vote for him after Trump's term ends

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟197,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I couldn't believe my luck! I stopped at a Goodwill the other day, just because I needed a parking lot to take a cat nap in, but then decided to first go inside and see if there was anything I might need. A book was not on my list but I love books, so I browsed and found 2 I liked. I was going to walk out then but... WOW, I said, this book (The Courage to Be Free) is already in Goodwill? It was written very recently, either 2023 or 24

So anyway, this book is packed full of information that I did not already have through watching Fox News or other conservative stations (or books I've read). He goes into some detail about the covid debacle, doesn't have a lot of good things to say about Fauci (who does anymore?) and many other issues. Most of what he says about Trump is very good/supportive. The stuff that is slightly not is no big deal, just how Trump said that Florida better vote for him LOL.

I am not done reading but almost, will report back important information, but really, everyone should read it for him/herself. There is only one thing I tended to not whole-heartedly agree w/ him on. Wait, there are 2 things: he didn't think the US should ever try to democratize another country. I somewhat agree, but if there is way to do that, the way should be explored. I think it has largely failed in the countries where it's been tried.

Also, so far he doesn't say anything about the vaccines being bad, but I've read some things about the vax and I would never take it.
I would rather look at an Archie comic for political discourse than look at anything that a ghostwriter for DeSantis has to say.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟847,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Well, you probably don't like Jesus

He never wrote a book (one that showed up at Goodwill or not)
I think Jesus is fantastic, but I'm not seeing how him not writing a book relates. Oh well. You don't have to explain. I just wanted to say, "Jesus is fantastic." One cannot say that too often if it's said without guile.

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
I think Jesus is fantastic, but I'm not seeing how him not writing a book relates. Oh well. You don't have to explain. I just wanted to say, "Jesus is fantastic." One cannot say that too often if it's said without guile.
Then you vote pro life, as Jesus would have us do?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟847,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Then you vote pro life, as Jesus would have us do?
Then you think Jesus would welcome the stranger (read *immigrant*)? If you think one party or issue can capture all that concerns us as Christians, then we fundamentally disagree. Then again, your choice to immediately attack my faith says a lot. I think the larger point here is that Jesus is not running for POTUS. Christian faith is not identical with the GOP. But if that's your thing, okay. WWDD: What would DeSantis do?

Reactions: Elliewaves
Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Then you think Jesus would welcome the stranger (read *immigrant*)? If you think one party or issue can capture all that concerns us as Christians, then we fundamentally disagree. Then again, your choice to immediately attack my faith says a lot. I think the larger point here is that Jesus is not running for POTUS. Christian faith is not identical with the GOP. But if that's your thing, okay. WWDD: What would DeSantis do?
so telling the truth (and/or MY truth/experience) is attacking your faith? Wow, that's a stretch! If you can't handle truth... or what someone says is true, then that is on you. I don't recall saying anything against you. I asked if you vote pro life. I guess that's a touchy subject for you, as maybe you likely are not pro life?

As to what DeSantis would do, he has proven what he will do: protect human life and protect human rights. Then he reigned in the power of Disney, who thinks it's a ok to mutilate children, even w/o the parents knowing their child is being influenced to trans gender

Upvote 0

discombobulated1

Mar 25, 2024
Claremore, OK
✟8,171.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Then you think Jesus would welcome the stranger (read *immigrant*)?
Jesus said to render unto Caesar what is Caesar's. Therefore if "Caesar" or in other words, the government makes a law and it is not a law that egregiously violates God's laws, it must be obeyed. The Word says to obey man's laws. The law has not changed, so why are elite Ds upholding all this lawlessness @ the border? You wouldn't let total strangers into your home who could be murderers or rapists. Therefore, we cannot let such strangers into our country... w/o dire, dire consequences

Upvote 0

Tropical Wilds

Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
Oct 2, 2009
New England
✟197,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟847,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
so telling the truth (and/or MY truth/experience) is attacking your faith

You said I must not even like Jesus if I disagreed with you and DeSantis. Do you think one can be a Christian and vote Democrat?

• Optimistic
Upvote 0