Are you better off than you were 3 years ago?

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟217,121.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It is all about the economy. America has excelled despite criticism from those who want to see an upcoming depression (Trump). I chuckle when certain politicians re-X, formally known as tweet, to their base how bad the economy is....
Since I retired in 2020, we have gotten the pandemic bonuses, a couple of COLA increases to SS, and an increase in my defined-benefit pension ($20 a month, more than enough for eggs). While portfolio investments weren’t looking good for a couple of years post pandemic, they’ve rebounded. We’re moving out of real estate now - in our area there isn’t much upside so it’s been for income and taxes, but it’s becoming more trouble than it’s worth as we get older.

I don’t know what the future will be but the past three years have been good.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟438,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single

Are you better off than you were 3 years ago?​

Yes:
The economy is better on average, and so am I in that regard.

No:
The world generally, from climate to wars, is less stable.
Many people in the US are losing their grip on reality, which affects me.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟438,776.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I am certain that how each one of y'all answers this question will determine who you vote for on November 2024.
You might be right.

But its not a smart way to decide how to vote. Politicians arent magic wizards. Theres lots of other forces which make reality what it is besides political decisions and quality of administration.

The question should be: what leadership will be better for me and the country?

Upvote 0

ruthiesea

Oct 5, 2007
✟71,668.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟568,820.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

RoBo1988

Sep 3, 2021
Dayton OH
✟96,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can say I'm better off than I was 35 years ago; October 1988 was when I first began following Christ.
It'd be nice to retire from work in a few years... "Casting all of your care upon Him, for He careth for you" 1 Peter 5:7

• Agree
Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟721,020.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Capture.JPG

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Aug 29, 2005
✟184,411.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
NOVEMBER 2020 UNEMPLOYMENT RATE 6.7%

US Monthly GDP Index for November 2020 declined 0.8%​

Dow falls more than 200 points to end November 2020​

U.S. reported more COVID-19 cases in November (2020) than most countries had all year​

37,000 Americans died in November 2020 to Covid

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟922,386.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Life, yes I do want to go back to that.
Millions around the world were dead or dying. Gas prices bottomed out because demand dropped so low that oil companies were laying off workers by the thousands and shutting down production. Low interest rates on mortgages were great if you could bid high enough without blowing through your budget.

• Informative
Reactions: KCfromNC
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟206,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Millions around the world were dead or dying.
And they are not now? Many in our cities can watch that misery out their front window, or going shopping, or to work see that and even worry about dying themselves, at the hands of a criminal who is free with no bail, etc.
Gas prices bottomed out because demand dropped so low that oil companies were laying off workers by the thousands and shutting down production. Low interest rates on mortgages were great if you could bid high enough without blowing through your budget.
Had nothing to do with the policies that Biden overturned huh? I disagree and none of your arguments will convince me otherwise, nor will mine change yours.

Upvote 0

BCP1928

Jan 30, 2024
Goldsboro NC
✟178,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Yes that seems cruel and unnecessary
Especially as when they reach the border they are stranded in a desert region where the Government of Mexico exercises no effective sovereignty.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟922,386.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And they are not now? Many in our cities can watch that misery out their front window, or going shopping, or to work see that and even worry about dying themselves, at the hands of a criminal who is free with no bail, etc.

Had nothing to do with the policies that Biden overturned huh? I disagree and none of your arguments will convince me otherwise, nor will mine change yours.
No, none of that had to do with Biden. My response was to a post showing gas prices from “ on this day, four years ago. That was under Trump.

Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟922,386.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The bolder part above is exactly what is truly wrong with this country. We in the US can’t even have civil conversations that might come to a compromise. There is no attempt to see another point of view.

Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟206,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The bolder part above is exactly what is truly wrong with this country. We in the US can’t even have civil conversations that might come to a compromise. There is no attempt to see another point of view.
There is no compromise. The media and politicians won't allow it. We can't even agree with the identity which media and which politicians do this.

Last edited:
Reactions: RoBo1988
Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟922,386.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is no compromise. The media and politicians won't allow it. We can even agree with the identity which media and which politicians do this.
The media and politicians benefit from division. I’m talking about all of us The People.

Reactions: Brihaha
Upvote 0

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟206,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The media and politicians benefit from division.
Yep, we just and we just disagree which media, which politicians..
I’m talking about all of us The People.
So am I. We can't have compromise because we are all being divided by all the bad reports on one side, then the other side responds the same. Look how many threads and arguing about the hearings in the supreme court? Solidifying specific ideas long before the facts of the decision comes out .Then the decision comes, and that decision is hashed over to maintain some of the core points and Ideas concerning the Colorado court etc which were drilled in our heads before the decision came out. It just never stops. So now that is being argued over...
This will also continue to solidify each sides views before the facts are reached. Round and round we go. There is no compromise. Not until we admit the above is so.

Last edited:
Upvote 0