Are you better off than you were 3 years ago?

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟149,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Why didn't we have all of this hand-wringing about illegal immigration for the 30 years between the mid-70's and the mid-00's, when it was consistently higher than it has been for the last several years?
We got full. We already have our quota of illegal immigrants

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟149,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟184,210.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
I said we have reached our quota of illegal immigrants
A quota is an arbitrary number determined by the government. It can be changed. People need help, and I agree that we are obligated to help. Apparently you do not share that opinion.

BTW, asylum seekers are not illegal, and there is no quota to take in illegal immigrants.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟149,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A quota is an arbitrary number determined by the government. It can be changed. People need help, and I agree that we are obligated to help. Apparently you do not share that opinion.

BTW, asylum seekers are not illegal, and there is no quota to take in illegal immigrants.
There’s not a literal quota and asylum seekers who have a legitimate claim should be helped. But we can’t just take everyone that shows up.

• Agree
Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟184,210.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
There’s not a literal quota and asylum seekers who have a legitimate claim should be helped. But we can’t just take everyone that shows up.
OK. Then when you said "I said we have reached our quota of illegal immigrants", you did not mean it literally, but figuratively based upon you opinion that we got full. understood.

BTW, we don't take everybody who shows up.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟149,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
OK. Then when you said "I said we have reached our quota of illegal immigrants", you did not mean it literally, but figuratively based upon you opinion that we got full. understood.

BTW, we don't take everybody who shows up.
Okay. We also have a great number of known getaways and undetected

• Agree
Reactions: ralliann
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ralliann

christian
Jun 27, 2007
✟206,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Have they tried not ordering Starbucks? Not getting the newest, latest, greatest IPhone when it came out? Not going out to eat and going to concerts?

Because when my generation said the minimum wage was a joke and home ownership felt unobtainable because pay wasn’t increasing proportionally to the cost of living and predatory student loans were killing us, I was told that would help.

Maybe they should stop with the designer coffee, designer purses, and getting their nails done if they feel like their quality of life has gone down over the last 3 years. Pick themselves up by the bootstraps, that sort of thing.

I swear, nobody wants to work anymore.
People do want to house clothe and feed their children.

Upvote 0
Aug 29, 2005
✟184,210.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,277,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Is there a point at which you would say we can’t accept anyone else it’s unsustainable? What number?
I didn’t want Trump back but I now think he has a chance to do well just because of this one issue.
I don’t think a majority is behind basically having an open border policy.
If we are going to allow this many people in we need a better plan to deal with them so they are not left in the cold like in Chicago and using the bathroom in cups like in NY

The issue is that many Republicans don't want just border enforcement, but forms of enforcement that are more cruel than necessary.

• Agree
Reactions: Paulos23
Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟149,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The issue is that many Republicans don't want just border enforcement, but forms of enforcement that are more cruel than necessary.
Any plan is going to have to deal with the people who are already here.
What’s cruel is not being prepared for all the people you’re letting in and having them left in the cold and with no place to use the bathroom.
What form of enforcement is cruel? Not accepting everyone?

Upvote 0

FireDragon76

Site Supporter
Apr 30, 2013
Orlando, Florida
✟1,277,317.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Any plan is going to have to deal with the people who are already here.
What’s cruel is not being prepared for all the people you’re letting in and having them left in the cold and with no place to use the bathroom.
What form of enforcement is cruel? Not accepting everyone?

I was thinking more of the fondness that Texas has for using hidden razor wire in the Rio Grande river, even though this violates federal and international law, and seems intentionally placed in a cruel manner, so that people attempting to cross the river could be mauled by the wire.

Upvote 0

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟149,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I was thinking more of the fondness that Texas has for using hidden razor wire in the Rio Grande river, even though this violates federal and international law, and seems intentionally placed in a cruel manner, so that people attempting to cross the river could be mauled by the wire.
Yes that seems cruel and unnecessary

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0