Bidenomics - Are you personally better off financially today than you were four years ago?

Looking at your income and expenses - Are you better off today than you were four years ago

• Total voters

rambot

Apr 13, 2006
Up your nose....wid a rubbah hose.
✟376,513.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Greens
In our house everything is dependent on whether my wife gets a temporary teaching contract or not. Until she gets a permanent our lives are in a bit of flux. 2019 happened to be a REALLY rough year for us...but all things considered wages are higher (still going up the paygrade) and expenses are up.

But a lot of it for us in alberta is due to a conservative leadership.

Reactions: Vambram
Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟102,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Still in the same home, eating the same food, driving the same car.
You're eating four year old food...that you've already eaten??

Eww.

-- A2SG, I'll let myself out now, thanks.....

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟720,570.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In our house everything is dependent on whether my wife gets a temporary teaching contract or not. Until she gets a permanent our lives are in a bit of flux. 2019 happened to be a REALLY rough year for us...but all things considered wages are higher (still going up the paygrade) and expenses are up.

But a lot of it for us in alberta is due to a conservative leadership.
How does this have ANYTHING to do with Bidenomics?

Upvote 0

wing2000

E pluribus unum
Site Supporter
Aug 18, 2012
✟1,450,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes.
Rainy day fund is steady.
401k continues to rise in value.

Expenses: Food has gone up, but there are ways to economize and avoid the over-inflated prices driven by large corporations.
Gas: We drive less than 5k miles a year (WFH) and drive highly efficient vehicles so it doesn't affect us much.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟720,570.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You're eating four year old food...that you've already eaten??

Eww.

-- A2SG, I'll let myself out now, thanks.....
My 9 year old granddaughter didn't even find that humorous

--HisLegacy, make me wonder if mommy knows someone is on her computer.....

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,133,974.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Our retirement savings were in the basement with the COVID-related stock market slump. I don't think they completely recovered until a year or so ago.
We did sell our only rental property in a fast growing area, and prices had skyrocketed. That added to our retirement savings considerably.
Our Social Security and Veterans Benefits were protected by cost of living increases. We each have a pension with no COLA adjustments.
So we are better off than four years ago. Our oldest son has moved in with us as he was recovering from long COVID. He is recovered and working again, but has decided to stay in our home as my husband is in poor health. We have plenty of room and it is very helpful to all of us. His savings have recovered and we are all happy.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟720,570.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Going by the results of the poll it looks like things have generally improved for most over the past 4 years.

Probably not the results the OP was looking for though.
In some ways it helped me understand how skewed the forum is.

Capture.JPG

Co pilot is so cool....

Despite these variations, it’s essential to note that inflation and high prices remain a top concern for voters, with 68% of those concerned about inflation naming the cost of food as their principal worry. Additionally, only 26% regard economic conditions as excellent or good, while 74% view the economy as fair or poor. Former President Donald Trump continues to hold an advantage on economic matters, which could impact the 2024 general election outcome.

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟720,570.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
  • Twenty-two percent of voters identify inflation/prices as their most important issue, compared to only seven percent who cite jobs and the economy.
  • Only 22% of Black Americans, 13% of Hispanics, and 18% of young adults believe that they are better off financially today than they were a year ago.
  • Sixty-five percent of voters rate the economy as good during Trump’s presidency, compared to 38% under Biden.

Still, 74% of the NYT respondents regard the economy as only fair (23%) or poor (51%). And as an analysis of the WSJ data shows, inflation is still the main reason why economic sentiment remains depressed. More than two-thirds of voters say that inflation is headed in the wrong direction, and nearly three-quarters say that price increases are exceeding gains in household income. This helps explain why only 24% of voters expect the economy to get better over the next 12 months.

• Agree
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Jesus is the only Way
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟720,570.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In what direction?

Do you think people aren’t being completely honest in their responses?
Post #30 and #31

And I believe people are being 100% honest -

Upvote 0

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟208,474.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, absolutely better off now than four years ago. My wages are up by over 50% because I took the time to find a competitive paying company vs the stagnant one I was in. The cost of living is up some, but no more so than the rest of the world's inflation related to a pandemic. 401K steadily rising the last two years, whereas in was sinking fast 4 years ago.

Upvote 0

A2SG

Gumby
Jun 17, 2008
Massachusetts
✟102,584.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
My 9 year old granddaughter didn't even find that humorous

--HisLegacy, make me wonder if mommy knows someone is on her computer.....
Yeah, my comedy doesn't always land well with 9 year olds.

-- A2SG, probably why we don't let them into comedy clubs, I guess...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.