Are you better off than you were 3 years ago?

Vambram

Born-again Christian; Constitutional conservative
Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟76,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

I am certain that how each one of y'all answers this question will determine who you vote for on November 2024.

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private

I am certain that how each one of y'all answers this question will determine who you vote for on November 2024.
NO...neither I nor the US nor the world is better off now............TRUMP 24!!!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bradskii

I have become comfortably numb.
Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟261,942.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

Am I missing something? Shouldn't you be voting for what's good for the country rather than 'what's in it for me?'

Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟76,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Am I missing something? Shouldn't you be voting for what's good for the country rather than 'what's in it for me?'
By that response, I figure that you probably didn't like that question when Ronald Reagan asked it in 1980, "Are you better off now than you were four years ago?"

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟261,942.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
By that response, I figure that you probably didn't like that question when Ronald Reagan asked it in 1980, "Are you better off now than you were four years ago?"
Too right I didn't like it. 'Is the country better off...' is what he should have asked. Appealing to self interest is not what politics should be about. But it seems that you think it is.

'Ask not what your country can do fo you...'

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟711,418.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Too right I didn't like it. 'Is the country better off...' is what he should have asked. Appealing to self interest is not what politics should be about. But it seems that you think it is.

The nation is most certainly not better off!

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟318,266.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Silly goose. The American Dream is literally ‘screw you, I got mine’.

Upvote 0

KCfromNC

Apr 18, 2007
✟491,463.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I seem to remember something interesting happening 3 years ago in DC. Wasn't is supposed to be wild or something? This year was a bit better in the "right wing violent insurrection" category, at least.

And per the article title, I'd be really hesitant to remind people of Donald's failures in early 2020 - covid, the near war with Iran, the evidence he was trying to extort a foreign leader and so on.

Upvote 0

Paulos23

Never tell me the odds!
Mar 23, 2005
Washington State
✟315,765.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
On a personal level, no. But I know why, what happened, and what I need to do to improve at home, work, and money.

None of it has anything to do with who is in the WH. This is a trick question designed to catch people having a bad time and try to get them to blame the current occupant of the WH.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BPPLEE

Apr 13, 2022
Montgomery
✟149,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Yes. Let’s vote for the candidate who can make things worse for everyone.
Don’t worry that you can’t afford groceries anymore, our country looks good on the world stage and globalists are happy.

Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟261,942.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Why would you do that? Pick a few honourable men and women who want the best for the country and vote for one of them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Bradskii

Aug 19, 2018
Bondi
✟261,942.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
The nation is most certainly not better off!
But wait...I thought that didn't matter. It's only if you are better or worse off that matters.

C'mon guys. Which is it?

Upvote 0

NxNW

Nov 30, 2019
NW
✟198,714.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Why would I vote for Trump? His recession caused the inflation you're complaining about.
Don’t worry that you can’t afford groceries anymore, our country looks good on the world stage and globalists are happy.
Everyone can afford groceries. Inflation is back to normal and the economy is in great shape. Republicans are getting desperate trying to convince people otherwise.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Brihaha

May 6, 2021
Virginia
✟155,755.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Personally, I am much better off than three years ago. And politics has little to do with my well being now. Maybe I am better off Because politics has little to do with my well being. I found God (again) and read my bible regularly. Soon I won't be posting on social media at all. I found CF during the pandemic to feel connected with the outside world while waiting for normalcy to return. It could have returned sooner had we competent leadership in DC and not politicized nonsense. To date, approximately 1,170,000 Americans have lost their lives due to covid.

Now I find online social media little more than temptation. Even this respectable site has deteriorated like the rest of American society. But fortunately my life is trending the opposite direction. And I am learning how to avoid the temptation to argue with ridiculous people who speak even more ridiculous views untethered to truth. I can choose to ignore instead of responding. I'm working on it anyhow :).

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Vambram

Dec 3, 2006
Saint James, Missouri
✟76,853.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Today, a flurry of Federal Reserve interest rate hikes aimed at tamping down inflation have pushed the average 30-year fixed-rate mortgage to 7.06 percent with an average monthly payment of approximately $2,317. The price of an average home has ballooned to $402,600 or more, making home ownership an increasingly unaffordable luxury.

So too is car ownership. The average price of a new vehicle is now $48,008, up from $38,000 four years ago. That’s just $11,000 more than the price of the average used car today, which is a whopping $27,000. The average monthly payment on a new car today is $726, while the average used car payment is $533. In January 2020, the average monthly payment was $557 on new vehicles and $397 on used ones.

Nowhere is the pain of inflation more acutely felt than at the grocery store, where food prices have grown to the point that the average American family now spends $270.21 there every single week. That’s a staggering increase from the $160.35 per week the average family was spending four years ago.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟847,652.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Why would I vote for Trump? His recession caused the inflation you're complaining about.

Everyone can afford groceries. Inflation is back to normal and the economy is in great shape. Republicans are getting desperate trying to convince people otherwise.
Are you 100% serious right now? It's the Democrats working overtime trying to convince everyone that "inflation is back to normal and the economy is in great shape." Nice messaging straight out of the White House, but it's a complete lie. COVID caused the recession, not Trump. Things were humming along smoothly until we shut down the country.

As per the comments that we need to vote for what's best for the country and not ourselves....that's nonsense. No one votes for the good of the country. That's just people trying to guilt you into not voting Republican because they think Trump is bad for the country. Yeah, right, I'm going to vote for Biden because liberals say he's better for the country when I believe he's the worst option. I wish those on the left would stop buying into "Democracy is over if Trump wins" when they're the party that's trying to remove candidates they don't like from the ballot.

Upvote 0