St. Petersburg Vineyard
Oct 12, 2012
St. Petersburg, FL
✟68,979.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What's much worse than all this silliness about a specific day is that we are probably like the church at Laodicea in verse 20, in that we may be leaving Jesus outside while He knocks for us to let Him in.

20 Look, I’m standing at the door and knocking. If anyone listens to my voice and opens the door, I’ll come in and we’ll eat together.

Upvote 0
F

from scratch

Genesis 2:2-3:

2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

He sanctified it then. There was no commandment given over clean/unclean animals yet Noah knew what the deal was:

Genesis 7:2
2 Of every clean beast thou shalt take to thee by sevens, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female.

Also it says that Abraham followed God's law even though Moses hadn't written it down for the people:

Genesis 26:5
5 Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.

God hasn't suddenly changed his standard is eternal, it is his very character. God is entirely without sin by definition because sin is the opposite of God's character.

Malachi 3:6
6 For I am the Lord, I change not; therefore ye sons of Jacob are not consumed.

The further we've got from the garden and walking with the creator, a direct personal relationship, the more we've needed things like the law being codified by Moses.
Then what's the new covenant stuff found in Jeremiah if God doesn't change? Jeremiah is found as part of the Jewish Scripture, isn't it?

Upvote 0
F

from scratch

if we do not keep the sabbath, holy, it will be turned into a non sequitor, therefore by keeping a sunday sabbath we still keep the spirit of the commandment. if we do not keep it. just by requesting a one day in 7 to have as a day of rest, we will reduce this god given right to apathy and it will be taken from us, by the atheists and by the devil worshipers. just like they did in France, when the atheist government took over. they changed the work week to 10 days.
What are the names of the ten days?

Upvote 0
F

from scratch

YHWH made the Sabbath holy. We should keep it holy. We can't make a day holy, just as we can't stop it being holy.

The Sabbath was institutionalised and sanctified before the fall. The Christian church have followed Rome in observing Sunday and thereby acknowledged their authority (over YHWH's) to dictate times and laws.
That simply isn't true. Christians worshipped on Sunday (first day of the week) prior to 100 AD.

Upvote 0