2 Cor 3:6-11 Affirms the Law of God, and the New Covenant where it is written on the heart

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟488,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
The reason we keep going in circles is because you persistently misunderstand even the simplest statements made by someone who is alive. Take a look at my statement below and your response.

I asked for a scripture that directly states drawing near to God equates to exalting a specific day. Your response doesn't directly address my question but rather accuses someone of exalting a different day.
I didn’t accuse you of anything. You are conflating two different things. As stated previously- we should worship God daily- we should draw nearer to Him daily, which does not release us from our moral obligation to obey God’s commandments.
I don't have a scripture that says "works" specifically refers to having an employee, just as you don't have a scripture stating that performing certain actions constitutes keeping a day holy. However, this doesn't highlight flaws in my argument but rather in yours. My simple intention with this question and suggestion is to ask if you preach working on Sunday to your followers? Do those who 'like' your posts work or rest on Sundays
You said “employer’ and I previously stated “work” does not always mean a job. I have always advocated we are to work 6 days and keep the seventh day Sabbath holy like the commandment God wrote and spoke Exo 20:8-11. God never designed Sunday to be a rest day-which is why I do most of my household chores on this day. I have no idea what others do or don’t do, it’s not my business.

Last edited:
Reactions: HIM
Upvote 0

Cornelius8L

Sep 12, 2022
Singapore
✟44,560.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I didn’t accuse you of anything.

You said “employer’ and I previously stated “work” does not always mean a job. I have always advocated we are to work 6 days and keep the seventh day Sabbath holy. God never designed Sunday to be a rest day-which is why I do most of my household chores on this day. I have no idea what others do or don’t do, its not my business.
Exactly! That's what I was trying to convey. If you advocate for six days of work, then that's commendable.:thumbsup:
we should draw nearer to Him daily, which does not release us from our moral obligation to obey God’s commandments.
Which the means of obeying this commandment is by laboring for six days in order to sanctify the seventh day. Exo 20:8-11

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟488,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Exactly! That's what I was trying to convey. If you advocate for six days of work, then that's commendable.:thumbsup:

Which the means of obeying this commandment is by laboring for six days in order to sanctify the seventh day. Exo 20:8-11
Yes, we rest from our works so we can keep the Sabbath day holy. God does the sanctifying. Eze 20:12

By the way- Happy Sabbath! :heartpulse:

Upvote 0

Cornelius8L

Sep 12, 2022
Singapore
✟44,560.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes, we rest from our works so we can keep the Sabbath day holy. God does the sanctifying. Eze 20:12

By the way- Happy Sabbath! :heartpulse:
Happy Sabbath! I wanted to let you know that I'll be traveling to China for some leisure time, so I might not have access for about a week. So, it's something to ponder: does taking leisure time during holidays conflict with the Sabbath Commandment? Given this discussion, it seems there's no scriptural basis for resting on days other than Sabbath Day (or the specific feasts that are no longer practiced). Do you advocate for working even on holidays like January 1st, if they don't fall on a Saturday?

@HIM, I hope you also work on Sunday to preserve the sanctity of Saturday, as instructed in Exo 20:8-11.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟383,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

This whole premise in respect to working on Sunday is a red herring. If someone has ANY day off and they enjoy the day leisurely God does not care. But if things need done and we are being slothful then we are sinning and He cares about that.

We are called to keep the day Holy. We are to do that mainly by not sinning. That would include not doing any sin. And this is done through the Gospel through Christ. As @SabbathBlessings said, God does the sanctifying.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟488,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Happy Sabbath! I wanted to let you know that I'll be traveling to China for some leisure time, so I might not have access for about a week. So, it's something to ponder: does taking leisure time during holidays conflict with the Sabbath Commandment? Given this discussion, it seems there's no scriptural basis for resting on days other than Sabbath Day (or the specific feasts that are no longer practiced). Do you advocate for working even on holidays like January 1st, if they don't fall on a Saturday?

@HIM, I hope you also work on Sunday to preserve the sanctity of Saturday, as instructed in Exo 20:8-11.
Thats cool. I love traveling- China is not a place I have been to but always wanted to see.

I do not believe traveling gives us a pass to break God's law. Leisure time indicates to me, it is my personal time for my own pleasure, and this is what God says about keeping the Sabbath.

Isa 58:13 “If you turn away your foot from the Sabbath,
From doing your pleasure on My holy day,
And call the Sabbath a delight,
The holy day of the Lord honorable,
And shall honor Him, not doing your own ways,
Nor finding your own pleasure,
Nor speaking your own words,

The Sabbath really is about dedicating His holy day to Him. I already provided ways to do this through scripture. God gives us 6 days to get our works and labors done or anything that is not about Him and only asks for one full day dedicated to Him. My favorite thing to do when traveling is finding a church in the area to attend. I purposely do not book flights/travel etc on the Sabbath, but if I am there at my destination and it's a Sabbath I still keep it the way I would at home from the examples of scriptures.

Anyway, safe travels!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟488,835.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
This whole premise in respect to working on Sunday is a red herring. If someone has ANY day off and they enjoy the day leisurely God does not care. But if things need done and we are being slothful then we are sinning and He cares about that.

We are called to keep the day Holy. We are to do that mainly by not sinning. That would include not doing any sin. And this is done through the Gospel through Christ. As @SabbathBlessings said, God does the sanctifying.
Yes, God does the sanctifying! Amen!

God does not want us to sin ever, not just on the Sabbath. 1 John 3:4-9 I'm sure you meant this, but just want to clarify in case someone interpreted it another way.

Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟923,251.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

Even on vacation - a lot of secular activity happens on week days 1-6 that the Sabbath does not allow on the 7th day.
A simple thing like cleaning the kitchen or cooking a meal from scratch or washing off the car etc -- are example of secular things that a lot of people would not do on the 7th day.

Upvote 0

Cornelius8L

Sep 12, 2022
Singapore
✟44,560.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Yes, God does the sanctifying! Amen!

God does not want us to sin ever, not just on the Sabbath. 1 John 3:4-9 I'm sure you meant this, but just want to clarify in case someone interpreted it another way.
It seems like you might not have noticed, but your statement doesn't align with the Sabbath commandment in Exodus 20:8-11. Both you and SB appear to be fine with this inconsistency. The commandment specifies that the Sabbath is to be set by working for six days, following God's example. Isaiah 58:13 reinforces this, cautioning against working every day. According to the commandment, there's only one designated day of rest in a week, not two. Additionally, it doesn't suggest that a day can be made holy simply by avoiding sin; we're called to avoid sin every day.
Even on vacation - a lot of secular activity happens on week days 1-6 that the Sabbath does not allow on the 7th day.
A simple thing like cleaning the kitchen or cooking a meal from scratch or washing off the car etc -- are example of secular things that a lot of people would not do on the 7th day.
I'd suggest exploring more destinations. Then you'd realize that what you're talking about isn't feasible for vacation travel, especially when traveling abroad.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟383,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It seems like you might not have noticed, but your statement doesn't align with the Sabbath commandment in Exodus 20:8-11. Both you and SB appear to be fine with this inconsistency. The commandment specifies that the Sabbath is to be set by working for six days, following God's example. Isaiah 58:13 reinforces this, cautioning against working every day. According to the commandment, there's only one designated day of rest in a week, not two. Additionally, it doesn't suggest that a day can be made holy simply by avoiding sin; we're called to avoid sin every day.

Your premise is a red herring. I really don't think you actually believe what you are saying yourself. You just think it is a good argument. Therefore, we don't see any reason to continue.

Take care. We will not address this anymore unless you state something relevant.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Cornelius8L

Sep 12, 2022
Singapore
✟44,560.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Your premise is a red herring. I really don't think you actually believe what you are saying yourself. You just think it is a good argument. Therefore, we don't see any reason to continue.

Take care. We will not address this anymore unless you state something relevant.
This isn't merely a stated assumption, but rather the precise instruction outlined in Exodus 20:9-11, which you've been advocating to uphold. I'm simply offering assistance because you're committed to avoiding sin as outlined in 1 John 3:4-9. (Now, I'm curious if perhaps you haven't been adhering to this specific commandment for quite some time yourself?)

What I've been endeavoring to convey has already been articulated earlier:
How do you keep the Sabbath holy today without relying on human traditions? Jesus never mentioned that attending a temple on the Sabbath, especially one that neither worships Him nor follows His teachings but ultimately crucified Him, is a means to keeping the Sabbath holy.

Furthermore, let us help you locate the appropriate guidance within the TC for keeping the Sabbath day holy. Exodus 20:9-11 and Exodus 34:21 instruct that we shall work for six days, as God did, and reserve the seventh as distinct. Have you followed this practice, laboring for six days, including Sunday? If not, wouldn't that compromise the sanctity of the Sabbath as outlined in the TC?

Last edited:
Upvote 0