2 Cor 3:6-11 Affirms the Law of God, and the New Covenant where it is written on the heart

Cribstyl

Veteran
Jun 13, 2006
✟100,247.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
2 Cor3:6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

And the NEW Covenant according to Paul is the one we find quoted in Rom 8 from the OT in Jer 31:31-34

The Spirit does not delete "do not take God's name in vain" -- because under the NEW Covenant God WRITES the LAW of God on the heart see Jer 31:31-34
"I will make a NEW Covenant... THIS is the Covenant .. I will write My Law on their heart and mind, ... I will be their God... I will teach each one of them... I will forgive their sins" Jer 31:31-34

Instead of saying "go ahead and take My name in vain - I don't care about that any more... it was asking too much"

Without the transforming work of the Holy Spirit -- the one lead only by the flesh, only by the sinful nature - "DOES NOT submit to the LAW of God neither indeed CAN THEY" Rom 8:

5 For those who are in accord with the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who are in accord with the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For the mind set on the flesh is death, but the mind set on the Spirit is life and peace, 7 because the mind set on the flesh is hostile toward God; for it does not subject itself to the law of God, for it is not even able to do so, 8 and those who are in the flesh cannot please God. 9 However, you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. But if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he does not belong to Him.​
Your commentary exposes how the truth is mishandled.
Here is what 2Cor 3:6 is teaching;

2 Cor3:6 He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

We are capable ministers of the New Covenant; we are not ministers of the law (letter on stone) because the law promises death. The New Covenant ministry gives life because Jesus died in our place and gives us new life through the Holy Spirit.

Two covenants being discussed, the law vs the indwelling Holy Spirit.

2 Cor 3: 7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was, 8 will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious? 9 If the ministry that brought condemnation was glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness! 10 For what was glorious has no glory now in comparison with the surpassing glory. 11 And if what was transitory came with glory, how much greater is the glory of that which lasts!

As anyone who has studied the English language is able to see, in the above verses, the subject of those verses is the NEW Covenant vs the OLD Covenant - where both have the ten commandments. And in the case of the NEW Covenant of Jer 31:31-34 they are written on the heart by the SPIRIT - but under the OLD covenant they remains external - on tablets of stone alone.

Therefore under BOTH covenants it is always a sin "to take God's name in vain". But under the NEW Covenant - the New Heart (no longer the stony heart) that command is written on the heart - the new creation.

No wonder Paul states that in the distinct unit of TEN - "Honor your father and mother is the first commandment with a promise" Eph 6:2 and as such - still applies to all mankind.

Under the OLD Covenant that same Law known to Jeremiah and his readers in Jer 31:31-34 yet without the Spirit, without the gospel - merely condemns the sinner "for all have sinned" Rom 3:23 and "The ages of sin is death" Rom 6:23

Rom 3:19-20 reminds us that the Law of God places all the world under guilt, doomed -- and this is why all need the Gospel where that moral law of God is "written on heart and mind" and the power to act - is via the indwelling Holy Spirit of God.
==============================================

No wonder that BEFORE THE CROSS even happens - both Moses and Elijah stand in glory with Christ on the mount of transfiguration. The NEW Covenant of Jer 31:31-34 -
2 Cor 3: 7 Now if the ministry that brought death, which was engraved in letters on stone, came with glory, so that the Israelites could not look steadily at the face of Moses because of its glory, transitory though it was, 8 will not the ministry of the Spirit be even more glorious? 9 If the ministry that brought condemnation was glorious, how much more glorious is the ministry that brings righteousness! 10 For what was glorious has no glory now in comparison with the surpassing glory. 11 And if what was transitory came with glory, how much greater is the glory of that which lasts!

Again, your commentary is not related to the text.
2Co3:7 The Law, is the ministry of death, it was engraved in stone at Sinai (not given to Adam), it came with glory that would fade away.
Saying that both have the ten commandments is false.

time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bob S
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟489,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I am still looking for where SB said "only the Ten commandments are perfect" or only the ten are useful etc.
If people only understood God’s perfect law of Liberty, the Ten Commandment correctly would understand if they were keeping the very first commandment - thou shalt not have any other gods before Me, everything God asks would be kept- all of His laws, commandments, statues etc. . It would be impossible to keep any of the laws if one doesn’t accept all Ten of God’s law including the Sabbath commandment which shows who the Authority is of God’s law- the Creator of everything. Without His power, no one could keep anything correctly.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟489,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Thanks for the reply and Happy Sabbath.
Most think it is referring to the festival. Hence why the confusion. And why to translate it as new moon is a bad translation. It should be translated month

The translators who translated the LXX thought so. As do many modern translations.
It’s think its confusing for those who want to be confused. :)

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟383,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It’s think its confusing for those who want to be confused. :)
Happy Sabbath my friend!
It is an issue for most that have preconceived notions and ideas. If one thinks they know something it is a hard nut to crack. To say they want to be confused is a bit much. It is hard to learn the learnt.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟489,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Your argument appears logical, but there's a crucial aspect you may have overlooked. The obligation observed on that particular day stems from an old covenant, as outlined in Exodus 31:17, which Paul later deemed flawed in Hebrews 8:7. Anyway, how do you keep the Sabbath holy today without relying on human traditions? Jesus never mentioned that attending a temple on the Sabbath, especially one that neither worships Him nor follows His teachings but ultimately crucified Him, is a means of keeping the Sabbath holy.
God’s law is perfect Psa 19:7 it was not God’s law that was the issue, it was the people, like context shows which tells us plainly in the next verse where the fault was Heb 8:8 Because finding fault with them, Heb 8:9 because they did not continue in My covenant. It why the New Covenant is established on better promises, not better or new laws. Heb 8:6 because God loves us so much and writes His law in our hearts and minds in the New Covenant and He gives us the power to keep them through our cooperation. It’s also why it is still a sin to break these same laws Rom 7:7 Mat 5:19-30 James 2:10-12 but instead of sacrificing an animal for our sins, we can go directly to Jesus 1 John 1:9

If there was an issue with God’s law it would include all Ten of the commandments because you break one you break them all James 2:10-12 so its not applied to the one we want to get rid of that God said to Remember and is holy and blessed by God. The issue is not God’s law, it is with the people and it’s the same problem we have today people prefer their will over God’s. People can focus on a 1000 reasons why one can’t keep the Sabbath day holy or any of the commandments and their choice, but God has a people that finds ways to obey Him and trust if He is going to give us commandments He will provide us the power to keep them. John 14:15-18 Rev 14:12

Jesus was crucified, not because He was breaking the Sabbath of the Ten Commandments- He was crucified because He was not keeping the Pharisees sabbath which is not the same.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟383,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I think some people enjoy being in the state of always learning but never coming to the Truth 2 Tim 3:7.
Perilous times indeed! Lovers of self, coveting, proud blasphemers! Not honoring mother and father, or church and God! Unthankful and unholy! Without a care for family or church! Not keeping their word, lying on people! Incontinent, in a place where they can't or won't control their actions even through Christ! Despising those who do! Surrendering over, rash lovers of pleasure more than lovers of God! Having a form of godliness but denying the power thereof, the Spirit through and of Christ! From such turn away! For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. Men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith. But praise be to God for they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men!

2Tim 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2Tim 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
2Tim 3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
2Tim 3:4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
2Tim 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
2Tim 3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
2Tim 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
2Tim 3:8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.

Upvote 0

SabbathBlessings

Site Supporter
Jun 12, 2020
USA
✟489,141.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Perilous times indeed! Lovers of self, coveting, proud blasphemers! Not honoring mother and father, or church and God! Unthankful and unholy! Without a care for family or church! Not keeping their word, lying on people! Incontinent, in a place where they can't or won't control their actions even through Christ! Despising those who do! Surrendering over, rash lovers of pleasure more than lovers of God! Having a form of godliness but denying the power thereof, the Spirit through and of Christ! From such turn away! For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts, ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth. Men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith. But praise be to God for they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be manifest unto all men!

2Tim 3:1 This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
2Tim 3:2 For men shall be lovers of their own selves, covetous, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy,
2Tim 3:3 Without natural affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,
2Tim 3:4 Traitors, heady, highminded, lovers of pleasures more than lovers of God;
2Tim 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.
2Tim 3:6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and lead captive silly women laden with sins, led away with divers lusts,
2Tim 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.
2Tim 3:8 Now as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the truth: men of corrupt minds, reprobate concerning the faith.
Perilous times indeed. It’s sad in one sense, but in another its good news because Jesus is coming soon! :heartpulse:

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟183,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Try reading the actual text instead of positioning it as "if you are saying".

The reference is Deut 5:22
Different people take away different meanings from that passage. If you would like to say which meaning you take away, that would be great.

Take time to actually read the Bible.
I have, and I do :heart:

It says He only spoke the Ten to all the people.
Okay, and then I invite you to apply your conclusion to Psalm 19:7

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟183,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If people only understood God’s perfect law of Liberty, the Ten Commandment correctly would understand if they were keeping the very first commandment - thou shalt not have any other gods before Me, everything God asks would be kept- all of His laws, commandments, statues etc. .
Is that only true of the first of the Ten Commandments, or other commandments as well?

If it's true of other commandments, do any of those commandments occur in, say, Leviticus?

It would be impossible to keep any of the laws if one doesn’t accept all Ten of God’s law including the Sabbath commandment which shows who the Authority is of God’s law- the Creator of everything. Without His power, no one could keep anything correctly.

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟183,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Happy Sabbath my friend!
It is an issue for most that have preconceived notions and ideas. If one thinks they know something it is a hard nut to crack. To say they want to be confused is a bit much. It is hard to learn the learnt.
If you believe you have things to teach people about the law, I invite you to give scripture references for the laws from the Old Testament you believe we are to follow today.

If it's too many to list all at once, I suggest picking a book such as Exodus or Leviticus and just talking about the first few you come to.

If you feel it is off topic for the thread, I invite you to do it somewhere else :heart:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

simplefaith

Mar 28, 2024
malvern
✟762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Please don't quote from a Letter to say we are not to be of the Letter.

With no standard it boils down to, welcome to the age of subjectivity, if it feels good do it. As Crowley so aptly stated, do thine own will.

So, our Lord and Savior had preserved His Word, the NT and Old. Were as we are not to be of the Letter, the Letter we ALL look.
So, my brothers and sisters, you also died to the law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit for God. 5 For when we were in the realm of the flesh,[a] the sinful passions aroused by the law were at work in us, so that we bore fruit for death. 6 But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code. Rom7:4-6

He has made us competent as ministers of a new covenant—not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter(of the TC) kills, but the Spirit gives life. 2Cor3:6

If it feels good do it?

I will speak from personal experience, NOT theologise!

I have been to a church where their number one priority was preaching the letter. IE ''You must obey the TC’’

I was literally shocked and stunned to witness what I saw in that church. People laughing and joking as they transgressed the TC they insisted everyone must obey. I witnessed more flagrant transgressing of those commands in that church than any other church I been to in over forty years. I do not have such a luxury, nor have I ever had since I was born again. You completely misunderstand the actual reality here.

Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟383,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you believe you have things to teach people about the law, I invite you to give scripture references for the laws from the Old Testament you believe we are to follow today.

If it's too many to list all at once, I suggest picking a book such as Exodus or Leviticus and just talking about the first few you come to.

If you feel it is off topic for the thread, I invite you to do it somewhere else :heart:

Romans 10:6-8 says The righteousness of faith saith, say not in your heart bring Christ down from above or from the deep. But says the word is in your mouth and your heart to do it. THAT IS the word of faith in which we preach.

This is a paraphrase of Deuteronomy 30:10-14 Which says hearken unto the LORD our God to keep His commandments and statutes contained in the Book of the Law. FOR this command to hearken unto the LORD our God to keep His commandments and statutes contained in the Book of the Law is hidden from you or far off that you should say who shall go up to heaven or down into the deep to bring this unto us to bring it to us that we may hear and DO IT? But hearken unto the voice of the LORD our God for the word is nigh thee in thy heart and in thy mouth that you may do it.

Why did Christ through Paul paraphrase Deut. 30:10-14 in Rom. 10:6-8?

Because Christ is the fulfillment of Deut 30. AND DEUT 30 tells us what laws He has put in our hearts. For He is in our hearts and mouths. This changes us. FOR We share His Spirit, therefore we share His faith. And if He is in our hearts then His Word. the voice of the LORD is and we should hearken unto the voice of the LORD and Keep His Word, His commandments and Statutes contained in the book of the Law that He has put there.

TAKE NOTE the judgments are not mentioned. For they are not needed for we shall appear before the judgment seat of Christ.

As for your other thoughts. We who have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is no Jew or Gentile , Male nor female we are all one in Christ. So now our appearance is of Him and not the manner of dress and appearance which the Law dictates. So they are not needed.

And now we are the Temple of God and His Spirit resides in us, Jesus Christ being the High Priest so all the laws pertaining to the Temple service and priestly ministry are also no more.

Partaking of Jesus. Him being our Passover and having unleavened us and allowing us to partake of the first fruits of His ministry. Risen with Him in heavenly places we continue in the summer harvest Pentacost praising our Lord as His Temple.

As the Temple, Body of Christ grows having the walls of self and this world knocked down, the blood of Jesus sanctify us, cleansing the flesh so we can serve the living God. Having perfected forever we whom He has sanctified, the Holy Ghost testifying. For God has said He will put His Laws, His Word through Christ in our hearts and in our minds.

Thereby Stepping through the vale that is to say His flesh He tabernacles with us. Takes us through the Passover, the feast of unleavened, First fruits, Pentacost, the feast of Trumpets, the Atonement and the feast of tabernacles. So those ceremonies need not be observed.

That leaves the Ten and the other laws which pertain to righteous living contained in the Book of the Law. These are they which are in our hearts and in our minds through Christ. We are not under the law because through Christ we are part of them and they us. The Word being in our heart and mouths. Christ being the first among many brethren. Us in Him He in us that the world might believe.

The Law if used lawfully is for the sinner, for by the Law is the knowledge of sin. As long as there is sin there will be the Law.

2Cor 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Rom 10:6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above
Rom 10:7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)
Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Deut 30:10 If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul.
Deut 30:11 For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off.
Deut 30:12 It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
Deut 30:13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
Deut 30:14 But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.

• Friendly
Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

simplefaith

Mar 28, 2024
malvern
✟762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Why does the letter kill?
Note the wording of the TC. ''Thou shalt NOT'' no wiggle room for error. Perfectly obey them or stand guilty before them. Everyone stands guilty before that letter.
Jesus commands
How many will profess to fully obey the letter of those literal commands in the gospels? I have never come across anyone who has professed to.

The letter will always kill, the only way people can not see that, is if they have a very shallow understanding of what the letter demands.

The pharisees preached the random letter, they were sticklers for it, but they could not practice what they preached, and by their attitude they broke the two greatest commandments upon which the entire law hung. There is no love for your neighbour in insisting of him what are not insisting of yourself, and as Jesus said, they neglected the love of God(Luke11:42)

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟183,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Romans 10:6-8 says The righteousness of faith saith, say not in your heart bring Christ down from above or from the deep. But says the word is in your mouth and your heart to do it. THAT IS the word of faith in which we preach.

This is a paraphrase of Deuteronomy 30:10-14 Which says hearken unto the LORD our God to keep His commandments and statutes contained in the Book of the Law. FOR this command to hearken unto the LORD our God to keep His commandments and statutes contained in the Book of the Law is hidden from you or far off that you should say who shall go up to heaven or down into the deep to bring this unto us to bring it to us that we may hear and DO IT? But hearken unto the voice of the LORD our God for the word is nigh thee in thy heart and in thy mouth that you may do it.

Why did Christ through Paul paraphrase Deut. 30:10-14 in Rom. 10:6-8?

Because Christ is the fulfillment of Deut 30. AND DEUT 30 tells us what laws He has put in our hearts. For He is in our hearts and mouths. This changes us. FOR We share His Spirit, therefore we share His faith. And if He is in our hearts then His Word. the voice of the LORD is and we should hearken unto the voice of the LORD and Keep His Word, His commandments and Statutes contained in the book of the Law that He has put there.

TAKE NOTE the judgments are not mentioned. For they are not needed for we shall appear before the judgment seat of Christ.

As for your other thoughts. We who have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is no Jew or Gentile , Male nor female we are all one in Christ. So now our appearance is of Him and not the manner of dress and appearance which the Law dictates. So they are not needed.

And now we are the Temple of God and His Spirit resides in us, Jesus Christ being the High Priest so all the laws pertaining to the Temple service and priestly ministry are also no more.

Partaking of Jesus. Him being our Passover and having unleavened us and allowing us to partake of the first fruits of His ministry. Risen with Him in heavenly places we continue in the summer harvest Pentacost praising our Lord as His Temple.

As the Temple, Body of Christ grows having the walls of self and this world knocked down, the blood of Jesus sanctify us, cleansing the flesh so we can serve the living God. Having perfected forever we whom He has sanctified, the Holy Ghost testifying. For God has said He will put His Laws, His Word through Christ in our hearts and in our minds.

Thereby Stepping through the vale that is to say His flesh He tabernacles with us. Takes us through the Passover, the feast of unleavened, First fruits, Pentacost, the feast of Trumpets, the Atonement and the feast of tabernacles. So those ceremonies need not be observed.
That leaves the Ten and the other laws which pertain to righteous living contained in the Book of the Law.
I invite you to give scripture references for those other laws. If it's too many to do all at once, I suggest taking a book like Leviticus and citing the first one you come to.

These are they which are in our hearts and in our minds through Christ.
Different Christians say that different laws are written in their hearts and minds. Thus, there is something to discuss.

As long as the discussion remains loose, though, it can go on indefinitely. I believe that if you will give scripture references for the actual instructions you see written on your heart, it will tighten up the discussion greatly :)

We are not under the law because through Christ we are part of them and they us. The Word being in our heart and mouths. Christ being the first among many brethren. Us in Him He in us that the world might believe.

The Law if used lawfully is for the sinner, for by the Law is the knowledge of sin. As long as there is sin there will be the Law.

2Cor 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.

Gal 3:27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.
Gal 3:28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Rom 10:6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, Say not in thine heart, Who shall ascend into heaven? (that is, to bring Christ down from above
Rom 10:7 Or, Who shall descend into the deep? (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)
Rom 10:8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach;

Deut 30:10 If thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which are written in this book of the law, and if thou turn unto the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul.
Deut 30:11 For this commandment which I command thee this day, it is not hidden from thee, neither is it far off.
Deut 30:12 It is not in heaven, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go up for us to heaven, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
Deut 30:13 Neither is it beyond the sea, that thou shouldest say, Who shall go over the sea for us, and bring it unto us, that we may hear it, and do it?
Deut 30:14 But the word is very nigh unto thee, in thy mouth, and in thy heart, that thou mayest do it.

Reactions: simplefaith
Upvote 0

HIM

Friend
CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2018
Alabama
Visit site
✟383,883.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Different Christians say that different laws are written in their hearts and minds. Thus, there is something to discuss.
Not really. The post you responded to answered many questions. Yet you always have more. What time did you put into it? Take care

Incidentally I don't think you read the post intently. If you did then you did not understand it. The reason I say that is the first Law in Leviticus is covered.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

simplefaith

Mar 28, 2024
malvern
✟762.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I invite you to give scripture references for those other laws. If it's too many to do all at once, I suggest taking a book like Leviticus and citing the first one you come to.

As long as the discussion remains loose, though, it can go on indefinitely. I believe that if you will give scripture references for the actual instructions you see written on your heart, it will tighten up the discussion greatly :)
‘’Different Christians say that different laws are written in their hearts and minds. Thus, there is something to discuss.’’

I don’t wish to butt in to your discussion, but you raise a great point in the above, and I would just like to mention something.

According to Paul, gentiles who have never known of biblical law can show the requirements(not some of the requirements) of the law are written in their hearts, obviously by the way they act. Rom2:14&15

Assuming Paul is correct, which Levitical laws would people know by instinct, without firstly knowing/reading of biblical law?

Reactions: Leaf473
Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟183,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Not really. The post you responded to answered many questions. Yet you always have more. What time did you put into it? Take care

Incidentally I don't think you read the post intently. If you did then you did not understand it.
The reason I say that is the first Law in Leviticus is covered.
The invitation was not that you cover the law, but that you give a scripture reference for it :heart:

Upvote 0

Leaf473

Jul 17, 2020
Northeast
✟183,049.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
‘’Different Christians say that different laws are written in their hearts and minds. Thus, there is something to discuss.’’

I don’t wish to butt in to your discussion,
Everyone is welcome to contribute :thumbsup:

but you raise a great point in the above, and I would just like to mention something.

According to Paul, gentiles who have never known of biblical law can show the requirements(not some of the requirements) of the law are written in their hearts, obviously by the way they act. Rom2:14&15

Assuming Paul is correct, which Levitical laws would people know by instinct, without firstly knowing/reading of biblical law?
I think they would know the principle of this law

They wouldn't know the details, the letters, such as what a hin is.

Reactions: simplefaith
Upvote 0